Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ...
    That is correct but your multistrike gear and gems and enchants don't convert to a single stat, some will be crit others will be haste and some might be mastery if the other 2 stats are already present so you'll have to make some adjustments to reach the sweet spot according to what have you available.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Mastery is still better even in this overgeared/nerfed instance because mana is still fairly limited. I did joke lfrs on ptr with 3-4 min boss fight and if i went full ham mana goes poof in an instant even with phylactery. You're undervalueing the value of mastery severely here.
    That makes no sense, how would getting more mastery help you on mana regen? Most of it just turns into overhealing wich doesn´t really help. Mastery is good for legion cause its progress content, we massivly outgear the content with +10 ilvls, legendary and just most of us being geared. I also never have issues with mana on ptr, are u sure you are healing right? Renew should only be used on movement and tanks and not as a filler like it used to be.

Never said that i have mana issues, only said that if i replicate my live method of healing that ain't gonna last for more than 2-3 minutes and in order to get max benefit from crit/haste you need to use more casts than you have to do with mastery and mastery has better scaling overall. It is pretty obvious that you already made up your mind anyway so there's no point arguing nor will i try to convince you.

Deleted
    Never said that i have mana issues, only said that if i replicate my live method of healing that ain't gonna last for more than 2-3 minutes and in order to get max benefit from crit/haste you need to use more casts than you have to do with mastery and mastery has better scaling overall. It is pretty obvious that you already made up your mind anyway so there's no point arguing nor will i try to convince you.
    Last thing ill say is that you are guessing and im getting my info from jak (the mod of H2P and overal top holy priest in world) and several other holy priest theorycrafters on H2p and General hospital Discord. I didnt mean to sound agitated but i dont like people who spread misinformation by guessing.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-19 at 03:54 PM.

The stat priority is the exact same as it will be on legion as well Mastery > Crit > Haste = Versatility.
    This seems to be the case. Our mastery is totally consistent and really compliments the burstier nature of the reworked holy priest.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Mastery will be pretty shit in overgeared and farm content, as most of it will just turn into overhealing. Therefore Crit > Haste > Versa > Mastery makes more sense in pre-patch, AutomaticJak said the same about this.
    I don't see how a random unpredictable stat (crit) offers less overhealing than mastery that can be calculated and you can get used to what to expect from it.

Last thing ill say is that you are guessing and im getting my info from jak (the owner of H2P and overal top holy priest in world) and several other holy priest theorycrafters on H2p and General hospital Discord. I didnt mean to sound agitated but i dont like people who spread misinformation by guessing.
    Jak's guide also puts Claw as the best neck enchant which is simply not true. I appreciate the guide as much as the next person, but it is a guide not the holy bible and it will have inaccuracies and guidelines rather than rules as much as anything else. You made yourself a disservice by using brainwashed robot arguments rather than you know... Logic. So maybe you didn't mean to sound agitated, but you sure as hell sound silly with an argument like "but this guy who is top world holy priest cause I have heard so somewhere said so, so it must be true!".
    Isheria gave you his PoV and you have Jak's PoV - now maybe you can go try it out and based on your raid comp, the number of healers you run and how well you and your guild actually know the fight you can make an informed decision for yourself on whether you have more use from mastery, crit or haste? Or just go for whatever you've made up your mind to be always and uniquely applicable under any circumstances - that works too!
    Last edited by Dianthe; 2016-07-19 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    Jak's guide
    I never meant his guide, he and others who theorycraft holy priest (so not just Jak) have had a big discussion about pre-patch stats and such on discord. Discord right now is full of beta and pre-patch info everyday, its a great source of information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianthe View Post
    but you sure as hell sound silly with an argument like "but this guy who is top world holy priest cause I have heard so somewhere said so, so it must be true!".
    I do trust people who spend hours upon hours playing, theorycrafting and raiding top on a spec more then someone who randomly guesses something and then write it down like its 100% accurate. Yes they arent always right and make mistakes, but they spend alot of their time figuring it out. Im not a theorycrafter or anything close to it so im just trying to help others by answering questions that have been answered by those elsewhere because they dont got time to be everywhere.

Im not going to guess myself as it might be very wrong and i cant back it up properly like those people can. Wich means im spreading misinformation and people will believe you and might play the wrong way. It happens all the time on forums and it just annoys me.

Anyway i never meant it to get this far, lets just drop it. In the end its just a pre-patch and might be nerfed to the ground soon anyway. Im sorry if i was being to hostile.
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-19 at 10:44 AM.

Last thing ill say is that you are guessing and im getting my info from jak (the owner of H2P and overal top holy priest in world) and several other holy priest theorycrafters on H2p and General hospital Discord. I didnt mean to sound agitated but i dont like people who spread misinformation by guessing.
    You gotta be kidding right? Whether you are right or wrong with the stats/talents or whatever, now you just sound like a loony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    You gotta be kidding right? Whether you are right or wrong with the stats/talents or whatever, now you just sound like a loony.
    Haha ye i guess so.
    How do you tell people where you got your info from and giving credit to them without sounding like a giant asskisser tho? xD
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-07-19 at 11:32 AM.

I do trust people who spend hours upon hours playing, theorycrafting and raiding top on a spec more then someone who randomly guesses something and then write it down like its 100% accurate. Yes they arent always right and make mistakes, but they spend alot of their time figuring it out. Im not a theorycrafter or anything close to it so im just trying to help others by answering questions that have been answered by those elsewhere because they dont got time to be everywhere.
    Not that I want to sound anything like a fan boy, but you do know Isheria is raiding as holy in a top guild (Nihillum world rank 15, previously Method iirc long term raider). I'm not saying hes better than Jak (who's guild is world rank 94), but hes probably one of the best sources for information on holy priests.

Maybe you are a US player and only really know about the US crowd.

Hes probably logged a significant amount of hours and actually been participating in the discussion here on MMO.

I've also played loads on beta and honestly hes not leading you the wrong way.

And remember a lot of guilds that are high ranked will probably still go as few healers as possible in the pre-patch which may increase the value of mastery.

Right now you cant say 1 thing is the only way, different raid teams will do things differently. Some might over heal, some might under heal. Some will have better damage and shorter fights, some not so great damage and slower fights. There are gunna be plenty of factors affecting the exact value of mastery for holy priests.

so is holy priest strong or should i stick with the holy paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Both are good, stick with what you enjoy.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I was thinking of playing Holy for Legion, should I try healing in a few dungeons in WOD once the pre-patch hits? I literally have no healing gear.. shadowpriest with around 710 iLVL.

From the VIDs I have seen for dungeons in Legion.. All they cast is pretty much prayer of mending, flash heal and Circle of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post
    I was thinking of playing Holy for Legion, should I try healing in a few dungeons in WOD once the pre-patch hits? I literally have no healing gear.. shadowpriest with around 710 iLVL.

From the VIDs I have seen for dungeons in Legion.. All they cast is pretty much prayer of mending, flash heal and Circle of healing.
    There is no healing gear to speak of anymore... There is no spirit anymore and as such you can use whatever you wish.
    There are already guides available for healing (check wowhead or How2Priest) if you want more info on what talents, abilities and artifact traits you can focus on. The talents and abilities are already available to try out with the pre-patch and you should most certainly do that if you plan to heal.
    It will allow you to get a feel of how healing works, what cool downs you have available and what buffs you need to keep track of to optimize your gameplay - for example.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Both are good, and both are changed a good bit from what they used to be. Just give each a whirl and see which one feels right to you and how you play and then dive in fully.

Quote Originally Posted by EmilG View Post

Give it a go, just make sure you read over all your spellbook before you do so you have a full idea of what everything does. You just might enjoy it.

And for my own thing, read Jak's guide, agree we should go through to the right but just seems off to wait for so long to go around from the right to get LoT and BoT. Still thinking I might get LoT then head up the right side, am I nuts thinking how much I could use LoT in progression or what?

Quote Originally Posted by salmonman78 View Post
    Both are good, and both are changed a good bit from what they used to be. Just give each a whirl and see which one feels right to you and how you play and then dive in fully.

Give it a go, just make sure you read over all your spellbook before you do so you have a full idea of what everything does. You just might enjoy it.

And for my own thing, read Jak's guide, agree we should go through to the right but just seems off to wait for so long to go around from the right to get LoT and BoT. Still thinking I might get LoT then head up the right side, am I nuts thinking how much I could use LoT in progression or what?
    I would go LoT first aswell. An extra oh shit button is worth more then some +healing imo.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

With Pre Patch today, we're going to start fresh threads for all the specs. Please continue the discussion here.