Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    God, I hope so - they have enough reason to fight Void Lords after the pillage of K'aresh.

Funny stuff is that Dimensius the All-Devouring is actually canonically... a void lord? Lessened, weakened? He is killable, has a voidwalker appearance, but is believed to be the sole destroyer of K'aresh, apparently using an army of voidwalkers to do his bidding.
    I suppose it was just a setback, we haven't seen his true power yet... Or blizzard will come out with something like that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Considering that Both C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are still alive, your statement makes no sense!
    They were confirmed dead a while ago. I was trying to find the post but couldn't, don't feel like spending 30 mins finding something that has been known for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    "The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins."

Translation: Buy Chronicle, Vol. 2 to learn about Tauren and Elune.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-07-19 at 10:44 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Funny stuff is that Dimensius the All-Devouring is actually canonically... a void lord? Lessened, weakened? He is killable, has a voidwalker appearance, but is believed to be the sole destroyer of K'aresh, apparently using an army of voidwalkers to do his bidding.
    No, Dimensius is not a Void Lord we know from chronicles. It's stupid but it's just the same name, different entity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    I thought Blizzard confirmed that they were dead. Would be cool if they weren't tho..
    True death is something that only mortals really get to experience, Yogg'Saron still pesters Ulduar's defenses from within (even if the titan constructs are keeping a close eye on everything to curtail any bad shit from happening).

Yasheraj was utterly annihilated by the titans themselves.. yet could still affect the world for millenia, and was later on resurrected.

C'thun's flesh form was brought back by Cho'gall in that comic.

It's an extremely common thing about lovecraftian entities to simply disregard regular conceptions of death.

That dagger speaks about Eternal Conflict and Naaru are part of it. So my theory:

Naaru and Void Lords battled between each other for millennia. Their leader was incarnation of Light the God of the Naaru and the strongest one who fought agaist darkness in front lines. But one day he was defeated and Void lords won the battle and Naaru fled away. They started to pour Old Gods into our realm and corrupting the worlds. And after that Pantheon things happened. Naaru wanted at least save some lives and they helped some of the races to escape (like Draeneis). But they didn´t know that their god survived .... fraction of his spirit fled away and he was connected with another spirit ... Illidan Stormrage (amber eyes). and I think, that Naaru finally found their master, but he has to be awaken/activated somehow. So Illidan has to embrace his inner "beign" pure of light or something like that.

And that´s the task for Xera.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxalys View Post
    No, Dimensius is not a Void Lord we know from chronicles. It's stupid but it's just the same name, different entity.
    Basically what I figured, but he's said to be incredibly powerful and solely responsible for K'aresh's demise. If a *lesser void lord* is capable of destroying a fucking planet, then I'm even more eager to see the more of their overlords.

Maybe voidlords are fragments of the Void Lords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    We've known since BC that a Void Lord Consumed their entire planet.
    it wasnt a Void Lord it was a Voidlord
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dimensius_the_All-Devouring

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    That dagger speaks about Eternal Conflict and Naaru are part of it. So my theory:

Naaru and Void Lords battled between each other for millennia. Their leader was incarnation of Light the God of the Naaru and the strongest one who fought agaist darkness in front lines. But one day he was defeated and Void lords won the battle and Naaru fled away. They started to pour Old Gods into our realm and corrupting the worlds. And after that Pantheon things happened. Naaru wanted at least save some lives and they helped some of the races to escape (like Draeneis). But they didn´t know that their god survived .... fraction of his spirit fled away and he was connected with another spirit ... Illidan Stormrage (amber eyes). and I think, that Naaru finally found their master, but he has to be awaken/activated somehow. So Illidan has to embrace his inner "beign" pure of light or something like that.

And that´s the task for Xera.
    one of the quotes is:

"I know the Naaru consider us horrors to be resisted. We do not share this view. They are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path. They will return to their masters, in time."

So I'm not sure your hypothesis is correct, it seems like the Naaru might actually originate or be connected to the void/void lords/old gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    True death is something that only mortals really get to experience, Yogg'Saron still pesters Ulduar's defenses from within (even if the titan constructs are keeping a close eye on everything to curtail any bad shit from happening).

Yasheraj was utterly annihilated by the titans themselves.. yet could still affect the world for millenia, and was later on resurrected.

C'thun's flesh form was brought back by Cho'gall in that comic.

It's an extremely common thing about lovecraftian entities to simply disregard regular conceptions of death.
    Except everything in WoW can truly die if you kill it hard enough or in the right place. Like how every demon dies if it dies in the nether.

Cho'gall tried to bring back C'Thun in the comics, but I think that thing was mostly kinda alive for like five minutes at maximum. Y'Shaarj was most definitely not resurrected as his whole body was removed by the titans. His heart was alive for a time during the Garrosh fight, but definitely not anymore. Don't know where you got the Yogg'Saron part. Anyrate the dagger herself says that C, Y'Shaarj and Yoggie are all freakin dead. She would know and since she really likes to creep you out she woulndn't withold the info, if she knew that N'Zoth is not the only one around. Sure the sha are active, but you can be totally dead and still have your influence linger. Just think of great inventors or crazy war criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    it wasnt a Void Lord it was a Voidlord
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dimensius_the_All-Devouring
    Yeah this is the confusing part.

Voidwalker = regular shmuck
    Voidlord = slightly stronger Voidwalker
    Voidgod = something kinda scary
    Void Lord = Oh shit this thing uses Old Gods as pets

Iiii think that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Snip
    The Yogg thing I took from the pre-patch questline where you actually get attacked by Yog's faceless, hear his voice, and get surrounded by saronite vapors. This is recent enough where it sort of bears consideration.

Who knows if the Dagger is actually telling you anything truthful and not just trying to spook ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I thought Blizzard confirmed that they were dead. Would be cool if they weren't tho..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    They were confirmed dead a while ago. I was trying to find the post but couldn't, don't feel like spending 30 mins finding something that has been known for years.
    They aren't, not only did we see C'thun still being alive after we "killed" him, but what we killed were their manifestations.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-07-19 at 05:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

They aren't, not only did we see C'thun still being alive after we "killed" him, but what we killed were there manifestations.
    not this again, they are dead.
    y'shaarj, yog and c'thun are dead, gone, lived their lifes.
    how many times do we have to go through this?

Formerly known as Arafal

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't, not only did we see C'thun still being alive after we "killed" him, but what we killed were there manifestations.
    There is a blue post saying that they are indeed dead, and their deaths caused the cataclysm to happen. If that has changed or not is up to debate, and will hopefully explained in game or in the next chronicles volume. Should be stated that Xal'atath says that the only remaining one is N'zoth, implying that they are dead enough that they won't be able interfere with Azeroth anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    not this again, they are dead.
    y'shaarj, yog and c'thun are dead, gone, lived their lifes.
    how many times do we have to go through this?
    And yet they are able to act. Y'shaarj was confirmed dead, and yet its heart and breath retained powers and you could hear its whispers. Yogg-Saron is supposedly dead, yet also still able to act: speak to you, command its minions and struggle against the Watchers - as seen in the introductory quest chain that has you go to Ulduar (available in the pre-patch at some point, I presume).

"Dead" is just a word when considering the Old Gods.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Both C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are still alive, your statement makes no sense!
    Yogg and C'Thun are both dead
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    And yet they are able to act. Y'shaarj was confirmed dead, and yet its heart and breath retained powers and you could hear its whispers. Yogg-Saron is supposedly dead, yet also still able to act: speak to you, command its minions and struggle against the Watchers - as seen in the introductory quest chain that has you go to Ulduar (available in the pre-patch at some point, I presume).

"Dead" is just a word when considering the Old Gods.
    goodness.
    im not gonna debate this shit another time.
    we had this so many times already...
    they are dead, if you want to believe it or not, i dont care.
    also, the minions in the ulduar scenario are echoes.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    If both died the entire planet would probably keel over. If what the titans said were true about killing old gods it would doom this entire planet. There is a reason they imprisoned them instead of trying to get rid of them completely.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2016-07-19 at 02:16 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If both died the entire planet would probably keel over. If what the titans said were true about killing old gods it would doom this entire planet. There is a reason they imprisoned them instead of trying to get rid of them completely.
    For the 50th times or so in regards of this matter:

- Blizzard - in particularly, Metzen and Afrasiabi, - already said they are dead, and their deaths caused the Cataclysm. So you are right, the planet almost keel over if not for us. It was in Blizzcon 2010 Interview which a guys asked why haven't we seen any catastrophe yet with two (Old Gods) down, and M & A answered with "Have you played any Cataclysm? You know, where the world blows up? Because of the Old Gods".
    - The general "killing OGs would doom the planet" stated in Tribunal of Ages were clarified in Chronicle to be fake information, created by Loken then further broke down when his work proved to be flawed. It's only that jilling the Old Gods in the same manner as Aman'thul - by brutally tearing them off the earth would doom planet.
    - The reason the Keepers imprisoned OGs other than Y'Shaarj because the wounds created by Aman'thul ripping Y'S off Azeroth were still there, bleeding out Arcane energy over the world. They can't risk hurting Azeroth again when it was there, but seeing they were in middle of a war, they likely didn't have time to heal it either.

Whether their status will be changed is to be seen in the future. For now, they are dead. As dead as other dead beings in WoW (other than demons, perhaps).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-19 at 02:52 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.