Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    I enjoy MM and survival quite a lot. Fun's subjective
    Well, more power to you I guess.

I am sure Blizz know what they do. If a class or spec is underperforming that is not because of bad designers or lazy workers, that is just because Blizz want them to be underpowered. I don't know what the reason behind making Ret useless for so many years, but certainly there is a reason for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icy Veins has been updated for 7.0.3:

Str > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers

I thought people here were saying Haste was better?

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribu...-stat-priority
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste reduces the cooldowns of our abilities and we get less downtime, it will be highly valued. Most of our damage or rather the big damage is in our Damage window via our Mastery.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Is that with or without Ashbringer?

Erm... Greater Blessings are still bugged as hell on the PTR. Are we seriously going live like this, or is the PTR missing some fixes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Well, more power to you I guess.
    In fairness, survival is pretty fun imo. Just sad I never saw the Glaive drop Q-Q

I don't trust Icy Veins right now. The article dismisses BoW (yes, it's lower damage, but the faster cooldown means more HP generation so I'm not sure it's out of the running) and says both DP and JV are bad, completely ignoring their ability to synergize well, or the way JV can be used for either healing or speeding up Crusade stacking. Maybe those end up being wrong, but I'd like to see them discussed and disproved rather than not mentioned. In current form it makes me think the writer doesn't fully know the spec, and thus their stat weighing is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabsal View Post
    I don't trust Icy Veins right now. The article dismisses BoW (yes, it's lower damage, but the faster cooldown means more HP generation so I'm not sure it's out of the running) and says both DP and JV are bad, completely ignoring their ability to synergize well, or the way JV can be used for either healing or speeding up Crusade stacking. Maybe those end up being wrong, but I'd like to see them discussed and disproved rather than not mentioned. In current form it makes me think the writer doesn't fully know the spec, and thus their stat weighing is questionable.
    Purely from feeling I'd say BoW provides a much smother play style so unless the damage is significantly lower I'd still go with it. Crusade is probably the better choice but I like DP and think it will have nice synergy with the 4-set and TFoJ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Omg, can we cut the rot out here before it starts. Just uploading my rant video on this as I type.

This guide was written by someone who doesn't play ret, they didn't even pop onto the PTR to try a few things out - they've just gone from spell data on WoWhead and tried to use their 'common sense'.

As for it being reviewed by Shibb, either he/she didn't bother reading it and just said it was fine or they are not playing Ret in Legion and haven't bothered doing anything on the spec in alpha or beta. Nobody who has played the Legion toolkit in the last 5 months will find anything approaching accuracy in this turnip of a guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temna View Post
    In fairness, survival is pretty fun imo. Just sad I never saw the Glaive drop Q-Q
    I tried all 3 of them on the beta and didn't like any of them. Survival was the best out of 3 , but even that doesn't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Omg, can we cut the rot out here before it starts. Just uploading my rant video on this as I type.

This guide was written by someone who doesn't play ret, they didn't even pop onto the PTR to try a few things out - they've just gone from spell data on WoWhead and tried to use their 'common sense'.

As for it being reviewed by Shibb, either he/she didn't bother reading it and just said it was fine or they are not playing Ret in Legion and haven't bothered doing anything on the spec in alpha or beta. Nobody who has played the Legion toolkit in the last 5 months will find anything approaching accuracy in this turnip of a guide.
    That moment when you see someone say mastery is good for Ret, when testing has shown it as arguably the worst stat, even compared to vers.

15+ Year Old Account
    The worst part is that ppl that play casually and dont really check much will go there and then you will see all of them going full mastery,not using BoW etc etc and then qq that ret is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    i really miss storm he knows how to troll reghame the apologist and i have something to laugh to..
    I tried once to step into his shoes but that overtaxed some people so I stopped and now hope storm will be back. And lets be honest no one pisses of reg more than our dear storm.

so do we enchant/gem for haste now or for crit. I figure crit on weapon is better then the haste one. But gemming haste/enchanting haste should be ok.

What kind of haste are we trying to get to in prepatch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rufio- View Post
    so do we enchant/gem for haste now or for crit. I figure crit on weapon is better then the haste one. But gemming haste/enchanting haste should be ok.

What kind of haste are we trying to get to in prepatch?
    30% haste, crit on weapon and cry about the "bad" pieces of HFC loot you vendored when you finally you got the precious mastery pieces after month of farming.

credit goes to @Thete as I got those values from his vids

I knew mastery wasn't great, but I'm only just recently realizing just how bad it is. That brings me to a question about early Legion - is it not worth getting Empowered Band of the Kirin Tor if there aren't changes that modify stat priority? My earlier thought had been that a high item level ring would be good for leveling and early end game. However, the ring has an obscene amount of mastery, which makes me wonder if it's worth the hefty cash investment.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    credit goes to @Thete as I got those values from his vids
    ^ THIS. He's got very good videos about the new ret!

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    i remember why i left this forum and i think ill keep it that way for good now.
    By all means please do.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    I tried once to step into his shoes but that overtaxed some people so I stopped and now hope storm will be back. And lets be honest no one pisses of reg more than our dear storm.
    why would you say such rude things?
    Reghyiome is The One.
    He knows, He leads and He enlightens.
    Let us delve a little into the vast fount of knowledge that is Reghyuime:

Honestly, ret mobility is not THAT much different than ret on live.
    Or let us learn from the greater strategies he bestows upon us:
    if targets run from me i can either ignore them and fight someone else
    So in reality, there are no issues with Ret really.
    None at all. Not to mention we Rets are actually a pretty retarded bunch which is easily lured into playing this shitstain of a spec by new shiny animations.

p.s. hay ya~
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2016-07-19 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Feint_-_We won't be alone

Welcome back, Storm.