Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    The movie spent so long trying to set itself up for a sequel that it forgot to be appealing. That's the epitome of hubris right there.
    Hollywood is absolutely terrible about this the last decade or so. Just about every blockbuster is supposed to be a "franchise", they can't just make a movie anymore. The number of these "franchises" that never materialized is quite large.

How about just make a good movie, see if the public is interested, and THEN decide it would be a good idea to do more of it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Well, even the critics agree with me on that.
    D&D has on Tomatoes 10% average rating of 3.1, audiences 19% there, Metacritic 14%, IMDB 3.7.
    Everyone hated this movie, not only top critics like it was mostly the case with Warcraft. That film was a real shit show and is on many "worst movie"-lists for a reason.
    I remember watching D&D on cable back in the day ... ouch. Thank God there was The Sword and the Sorcerer around to cleanse my mind. Even Beastmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Essentially that's why a movie needs to make far more than it's stated production cost to see profitability.
    That's because soooooo many people get paid sooooo much money "before anyone makes a profit."

Looking at things that way, I'm not even getting paid at my day job unless I get some overtime.

The only difference between D&D and Warcraft is the budget, and consequently an eon better CGI and sets. But the acting, dresses and makeup are on par despite on that. And the script too.

The movie is already 85/7.4, and after a DVD release it will slid back to its true rating, somewhere between 4 and 6.

Deleted
    I finally saw it last night and ABSOLUTLY LOVED IT!
    8.5 out of 10 in my book.
    Girlfriend wasn't that hyped .. she gave it a 7/10.

Great movie, would watch again.

This thread is full of incessant whining.

Every page is filled with people basically saying they dont want a sequel like their lives depend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    Every page is filled with people basically saying they dont want a sequel
    We definitely don't want a sequel by this director and script writer.

The Warcraft needs a reboot and this movie should be forgotten like a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The movie is already 85/7.4, and after a DVD release it will slid back to its true rating, somewhere between 4 and 6.
    What I find especially hilarious is that ratings for the movie consistently go down. It was 9.1 on IMDB, then it got to 7.9, now it's 7.4. And even 7.4 is inflated by the fanboy signal (which is the reason the initial ratings were high in the first place), the real rating without fanboys plussing it because that's Blizzard is lower.

When the movie just launched, the megathread used to read like this: "those negative reviews are garbage, the sites with the negative reviews are garbage, if you want to know what the movie real ratings are, go to IMDB". Well, at least we aren't hearing that particular dribble anymore. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Hollywood is absolutely terrible about this the last decade or so. Just about every blockbuster is supposed to be a "franchise", they can't just make a movie anymore. The number of these "franchises" that never materialized is quite large.

How about just make a good movie, see if the public is interested, and THEN decide it would be a good idea to do more of it.
    When you look at how immensely lucrative the MCU has become in the last ten years, it really isn't even remotely surprising that Hollywood has been trending movie franchises. It makes the risk of a $1-200M investment on a movie far more appealing when it has the potential to spawn billions of dollars in merchandising and sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What I find especially hilarious is that ratings for the movie consistently go down. It was 9.1 on IMDB, then it got to 7.9, now it's 7.4. And even 7.4 is inflated by the fanboy signal (which is the reason the initial ratings were high in the first place), the real rating without fanboys plussing it because that's Blizzard is lower.
    You are right about that, but that is actually true for EVERY movie on IMDB. There are ALWAYS fanboys who give a movie 10/10 even if it does not deserve it from an objective perspective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We definitely don't want a sequel by this director and script writer.

The Warcraft needs a reboot and this movie should be forgotten like a nightmare.
    I would like a sequel from the same director and writer.
    I really enjoyed the movie!
    Stop trying to speak for everyone you sour grape.

- - - Updated - - -

When the movie just launched, the megathread used to read like this: "those negative reviews are garbage, the sites with the negative reviews are garbage, if you want to know what the movie real ratings are, go to IMDB". Well, at least we aren't hearing that particular dribble anymore. :-)
    There will also be a legion of Blizzard haters negating the fanboys.
    But you seem to always be forgetting that in your endless streams of whiney goodness.
    Please leave your basement and fuck off already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    You are right about that, but that is actually true for EVERY movie on IMDB. There are ALWAYS fanboys who give a movie 10/10 even if it does not deserve it from an objective perspective.
    And there are always people hating on blizzard giving it a 1/10 for that exact opposite reason.

I liked the movie and don't really give a shit if some people thought it sucked. It was a blast to watch and that's my criteria for a good movie.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You realise that is the real rating? Since if Fans enjoy it and give it a good rating and retards like the people in this thread go there and give it a 0 without seeing it, it will still pretty much well even out to its normal rating.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There will also be a legion of Blizzard haters negating the fanboys.
    But you seem to always be forgetting that in your endless streams of whiney goodness.
    Please leave your basement and fuck off already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    You realise that is the real rating? Since if Fans enjoy it and give it a good rating and retards like the people in this thread go there and give it a 0 without seeing it, it will still pretty much well even out to its normal rating.
    This doesn't happen.

Ie, I didn't see the movie, have no desire to see it, and according to some I perhaps fit the definition of hater (obviously, I don't characterize myself that way, but this is not important, what's important is that when *you* say "hater", you perhaps mean people like me as well). Yet I didn't rate the movie and have no intention to rate it in the future. I know quite a number of people who don't like what Blizzard did to WoW and have a low opinion of the movie - yes, without seeing it, correct. I never heard of any of them rating the movie, it is just a bizarre idea. Nobody cares to do it. Yes, that's right, nobody cares. I don't care either. You will undoubtedly now say that I care enough to post here, and my response is in my activity which keeps declining month over month. /shrug

Fanboys, on the other hand, have been rating the movie before it was even out, that's factual.

(Nice to see you both staying classy, by the way, with "fuck off" and "retards".)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Maybe. I think fanboys of many other franchises are less numerous / vocal combined to Blizzard, so the fanboy factor is greater for all things Blizzard, but I might be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

And there are always people hating on blizzard giving it a 1/10 for that exact opposite reason.
    Speaking of that, I just remembered. This same thing was said in the megathread and there was a post with counts of 10/10 votes and 1/10 votes before the movie was out. Guess which count won? 10/10 votes were about 10x more numerous than 1/10. Yup.

So, yeah, fanboys voting "great" because it's Blizzard outweigh haters voting "bad" for the same reason by a huge margin.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-19 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    This doesn't happen.

Ie, I didn't see the movie, have no desire to see it, and according to some I perhaps fit the definition of hater (obviously, I don't characterize myself that way, but this is not important, what's important is that when *you* say "hater", you perhaps mean people like me as well). Yet I didn't rate the movie and have no intention to rate it in the future. I know quite a number of people who don't like what Blizzard did to WoW and have a low opinion of the movie - yes, without seeing it, correct. I never heard of any of them rating the movie, it is just a bizarre idea. Nobody cares to do it. Yes, that's right, nobody cares. I don't care either. You will undoubtedly now say that I care enough to post here, and my response is in my activity which keeps declining month over month. /shrug

Fanboys, on the other hand, have been rating the movie before it was even out, that's factual.

(Nice to see you both staying classy, by the way, with "fuck off" and "retards".)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. I think fanboys of many other franchises are less numerous / vocal combined to Blizzard, so the fanboy factor is greater for all things Blizzard, but I might be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of that, I just remembered. This same thing was said in the megathread and there was a post with counts of 10/10 votes and 1/10 votes before the movie was out. Guess which count won? 10/10 votes were about 10x more numerous than 1/10. Yup.

So, yeah, fanboys voting "great" because it's Blizzard outweigh haters voting "bad" for the same reason by a huge margin.
    Blab blabla, don't want to see the movie but shit talk it for 140 pages.
    I feel sorry for you really.

Also I know 20 people in my guild that loved it and no one rated it on your shit websites.
    There goes your shit comparison.

Blab blabla, don't want to see the movie but shit talk it for 140 pages.
    I feel sorry for you really.

Also I know 20 people in my guild that loved it and no one rated it on your shit websites.
    There goes your shit comparison.
    I know logic is hard, but what you are saying does not contradict what I said. There is no "There goes your shit comparison".

And "my shit websites" aren't mine, and they only turned "shit" after ratings for the movie went down, when ratings were at 9+ those same websites were the most objective thing in the world according to fanboys, just read the megathread.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-19 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    I know logic is hard, but what you are saying does not contradict what I said. There is no "There goes your shit comparison".

And "my shit websites" aren't mine, and they only turned "shit" after ratings for the movie went down, when ratings were at 9+ those same websites were the most objective thing in the world according to fanboys, just read the megathread.
    I never use those websites because they are based on opinions of other people that I don't give a shit about.
    So for me they are shit websites.
    I will watch it my self and then form an opinion of my own.
    Magically you were able to do that without actually watching the movie.

Good job, endlessly shit posting about something you have no idea about.

And using "fanboy" every second sentence is not really helping your hate crusade, just makes you look more pathetic then you already are.

And before you start dropping your "fanboy" bomb on me, I quit WoW 9 months ago and just reinstalled to check if I wanted to play Legion (Which I decided I will be doing), so that hardly applies to me.
    At least I am not blinded by my hate for an evil corporation that I feel the need to shit post every moment of the day I am awake.

Good job, endlessly shit posting about something you have no idea about.
    I have an idea of what I am talking about from the scenario, the shots, the news regarding the movie, and the feedback of others. You don't have to eat spoiled food to know it's spoiled if you can smell it.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-19 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    I have an idea of what I am talking about from the scenario, the shots, the news regarding the movie, and the feedback of others. You don't have to eat spoiled food to know it's spoiled if you can smell it.
    Great, so you hear other people call it shit, so for you it is shit.
    This is the exact reason I can't take anything you say serious.
    I can't even discuss anything with you as its all based on assumptions and "I heard this from a guy I don't know, but it was negative so it must be true".

This is all I can think about when I am talking to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpy1FlGKYz0

All you do is bully people around with your "facts" that you made up or "heard off" and then go on a salty rampage of hatred when anything blizzard related comes up.

Maybe this is the wake up call you were waiting for.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2016-07-19 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey I'm totally clueless about the quality of something since I didn't try it but I'll tell you all about it!"

Get a life

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    "Hey I'm totally clueless about the quality of something since I didn't try it but I'll tell you all about it!"

Get a life
    Like I said, you don't have to eat spoiled food to know it's spoiled if you can smell it. (I will make it even simpler for you, the response to your pseudo-point is - no, I am not clueless, it is indeed possible to assess the quality of a movie without seeing it, seeing it just makes assessing simpler.)

And, by the way, if I watched the movie, your replies would simply change to "so you whine about the movie, but you still went to watch it, you are going to watch the sequel just to whine about that, too, what a sad person, etc". Don't humor yourself, it's not that what I am saying is somehow wrong, it's that you don't like it.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-19 at 02:36 PM.