Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What I really hate is how you have to find a vendor to sell things
    A repairing npc to repair things
    have to find the quartermasters to buy their gear
    have to go to a bank npc to put stuff in or take out of the bank
    Actually go INTO raids to kill bosses
    Go to a city to use void storage.

How could blizzard be so THOUGHTLESS as to make it so that in order to do things you have to go do them! How Dare
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    They want all the transmog visuals managed at the transmog NPC, not in settings in menus
    Cool, then keep the same functionality it had when it was in settings, and it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Cool, then keep the same functionality it had when it was in settings, and it is ok.
    Which functionnality was lost ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    What I really hate is how you have to find a vendor to sell things
    A repairing npc to repair things
    have to find the quartermasters to buy their gear
    have to go to a bank npc to put stuff in or take out of the bank
    Actually go INTO raids to kill bosses
    Go to a city to use void storage.

How could blizzard be so THOUGHTLESS as to make it so that in order to do things you have to go do them! How Dare
    Hah
    Took way too long for this post to appear.

This entire non-issue is the usual slippery slope tripe game designers have to deal with. Blizzard wants appearance customization to be handled in a city, and not partially handled in the interface menu dating back to 2004. Transmog handled similar to barber, bank or other non-combat tasks in cities, not on the fly whenever.
    Oh but why can't we access the bank by some magic interface and send out items? Nah, that isn't interesting, although it surely is CONVENIENT for the player, and then inventory-space, bags etc stop mattering because convenience now allows you to send items for storage anytime, anywhere.

No, instead you get more interesting additions like mobile banking items from profs on CDs, or getting a void storage/AH in your Garrison instead of just pushing for convenience, because too much of a good thing ends up hurting.

Problem then, is that players as a whole can't understand how something that might inconvenience them might produce a better experience as a whole. Like the addition of CRZ ("more players stealing my proto-drakes??????") or removal of HGWT, that made players lazy bums waiting for someone to get his or her ass to the raid entrance.

The justification for this change isn't easy to put into words; certainly not the two-sentence pseudo-wit that passes for acceptable on internet forums.

Like waiting until level 40 to get a mount or neglecting to implement an LFG tool, this is one of those changes aimed at sacrificing convenience for immersion and meaning. Flicking off certain assets from a menu isn't as immersive as going to a "tailor" to have your appearance change. While things like this are sometimes uncomfortable - and indeed, a delicate balance must be maintained (LFG is generally a good thing) - they're nothing to flip your lid about. They *do* have a justification. Whether or not you agree with it is a different question, but don't pretend it's not there.
    This^ many times.
    It's the same thing every time something is changed and ends up being "less convenient" for someone, somehow. It can be really tough to defend design changes like these. People asked for an "option" to opt-out of CRZ... I mean damn, choosing whether or not to see other people in an MMO. But everyone would, because otherwise you risk having people steal your mobs or gank you.

But very few thought so far. And same with this.
    Y U REMOV OPTIONS???
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-07-19 at 12:14 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Anyone should be able to afford the Transmog Yak by now...

Blizzard wants transmog to be tied to the wardrobe, and npcs associated, not via the UI on the fly. How would it make sense to have every other slot tied to the transmog npcs, but allow helmets, backs and maybe shoulders to be hidden from within the UI?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-19 at 12:08 PM.

Deleted
    Which functionnality was lost ?
    IF i can not globaly enable "hide helms" for all my chars, and for whatever helms i equip, but instead have to go with each char/helm to the NPC.
    That functionality, and only IF it is not possible to do it, as i have already mentioned a hundred times in this thread.
    If i can go to the NPC and enable that global "hide helms" once and forever (unless i want to change it), i am more than ok with the new system.

Any competent developer would've put those options as checkboxes into character panel.

I suggest you all open a ticket / report it as bug on ptr or beta, maybe they'll listen if enough people remind them how 2 maek games.

Rollin' down Ol' Durotar, Yak bouncin', sippin' on poor bois tears.

Laid back.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's changing because they completely overhauled the system and as part of that they moved the option. It's not like they just moved the option without changing anything else. It makes sense to choose NO appearance in the same screen as choosing an alternate appearance, rather than having to go into a separate menu.
    Totally agree, that's why I said "Look, I get why it's on the transmog npc, I really do." It makes total sense, but there's history here too and when something is a certain way for 12 years, you can understand why people are annoyed by the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    Any competent developer would've put those options as checkboxes into character panel.

I suggest you all open a ticket / report it as bug on ptr or beta, maybe they'll listen if enough people remind them how 2 maek games.
    These competent developers don't want that system, it's a minor convenience for lazy players. Not enough to warrant a return to having certain parts of the system handled from an entirely different part of the interface I'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Problem then, is that players as a whole can't understand how something that might inconvenience them might produce a better experience as a whole.
    Hey nice speech man, it reminds me a lot to the one used by blizzard to remove flying.
    Know what the problem is? the part of "a better experience as a whole", because somehow, they always fail when delivering that part.
    Still waiting for someone from blizzard explaining how the removal of flying improved our gameplay experience in WOD in a PVE server.
    And, no, i do not care at all about flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Totally agree, that's why I said "Look, I get why it's on the transmog npc, I really do." It makes total sense, but there's history here too and when something is a certain way for 12 years, you can understand why people are annoyed by the change.
    I think it's a mild annoyance, it took me about 30 seconds to figure out where the option went and then I didn't think about it again. But obviously any mild annoyance gets blown up into a major issue on these forums and then prepatch will go live today and in 2 weeks everyone will have forgotten about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post

I suggest we don't waste time creating bug reports for something so trivial. There are actual bugs that need to be fixed.
    Beta Club Brosquad

IF i can not globaly enable "hide helms" for all my chars, and for whatever helms i equip, but instead have to go with each char/helm to the NPC.
    That functionality, and only IF it is not possible to do it, as i have already mentioned a hundred times in this thread.
    If i can go to the NPC and enable that global "hide helms" once and forever (unless i want to change it), i am more than ok with the new system.
    Well, as someone who consistently hides his helmet and cloack, I say it's a minor inconvenience, it's not like I get a new cloak every day.

On the other hand, maybe it's an opportunity to, sometimes, for one particular set, display/hide a cloak / helm / shoulders.

But if you are really 100% percent sure you will never ever display one of the 3 items, well ok, sorry you will be annoyed a bit, every now and then and wil lose a few seconds. But I'd argue that more players will welcome this change rather than be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn
    Yeah, people just want to cry. Don't know why they even play since it would seem they all hate the game so much.

i love my yak now more than ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Anyone should be able to afford the Transmog Yak by now...

Blizzard wants transmog to be tied to the wardrobe, and npcs associated, not via the UI on the fly. How would it make sense to have every other slot tied to the transmog npcs, but allow helmets, backs and maybe shoulders to be hidden from within the UI?
    It's' a crazy expensive yak for people who didn't play wod, or didn't play it much. 100k is nothing trivial in mop or earlier terms, basically ignoring that 13x+ times inflation.

As for why it makes sense? Because making items disappear and changing how they look do not have to be related. They never were previously and noone had issues with it, they wouldn't in legion either had it never been implemented into the wardrobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    But I'd argue that more players will welcome this change rather than be annoyed.
    And Again, what was the problem of implementing this new system, have those players you mention welcoming the change,and at the same time avoiding having me and other players annoyed, just by keeping the option in the interface?, because for the love of me i can not see how is it not possible and desirable to have EVERYONE happy with this new feature implemented in the game, when it is so easy to have the best of both worlds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Grand expedition yak.
    Yup it is a QoL item beside from that, then it makes a lot of sense, that you need to visit a transmogger to Change your appetence - even hiding cloak, shoulder or head armor.
    If you want to remove it for RP , then just unequip it :P

And Again, what was the problem of implementing this new system, have those players you mention welcoming the change,and at the same time avoiding having me and other players annoyed, just by keeping the option in the interface?, because for the love of me i can not see how is it not possible and desirable to have EVERYONE happy with this new feature implemented in the game, when it is so easy to have the best of both worlds.
    I don't know, nobody knows here, we don't have access to the game's code and I don't think there is a blue explanation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Yeah, people just want to cry. Don't know why they even play since it would seem they all hate the game so much.
    Yeah sure, saying i want an option i have always had in the game, still working, is exactly the same as hating the game, a true valid comparison here.