New wardrobe - clarification needed

Unlocked appearances are account-wide and usable for transmogrification by other characters that can equip the item.
    I read this from the patch notes, though I am still a bit confused. If I have ie. a Rogue tier piece in my bags on my monk, will the appearence still be unlocked for my rogue, or will the rogue have to obtain the item for the appearence to be unlocked?

Thank you, and sorry if this has already been adressed somewhere else

Class-specific items will still be class-specific, and can only unlocked by a character of the appropiate class.

Lookalikes, even the ones with the exact same skin, will need to be unlocked separately for other classes to use them.

That said, if you've got a rogue item unlocked, every rogue in your account, regardless of faction, will be able to use it.

Examples:

Monk gets a rogue specific item -> it's not unlocked for any character in that account, since the character who obtained the item can't use it.

Rogue gets a rogue specific item -> it's unlocked for that character and every other rogue in that account. Lookalikes aren't unlocked.

Monk gets a leather item that looks like a rogue specific item -> it's unlocked for every monk, rogue, demon hunter and druid in that account, as it doesn't have a class restriction.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-07-19 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    What about faction specific items, such as ToC tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    What about faction specific items, such as ToC tier?
    Thats really a general answer:
    Any gear needs to be wearable (and the correct armor type) by both the character that unlocks it for the wardrobe, and the character which wants to mog it.

Rogues can unlock Rogue tier sets, and other rogues on your account can mog them. Monks cannot unlock Rogue sets, or mog Rogue sets.
    Alliance chars can unlock Alliance-specific gear, Horde chars cannot mog them.

The new system adds convenience, but is not meant to unlock new mog options that were previously impossible.

My druid can currently wear a fist weapon. Can I Unlock fist weapons transmog looks with my druid? They will not wear fist weapons in Legion...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    My druid can currently wear a fist weapon. Can I Unlock fist weapons transmog looks with my druid? They will not wear fist weapons in Legion...
    The artifact for Guardian Druids is a set of fist weapons, so yea you should able to unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tileyfa View Post
    The artifact for Guardian Druids is a set of fist weapons, so yea you should able to unlock them.
    And if I don't play a guardian?

Deleted
    It's only armour that is restricted (leather can't unlock cloth, etc). With weapons as long as you can equip it you can unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's only armour that is restricted (leather can't unlock cloth, etc). With weapons as long as you can equip it you can unlock it.
    Oh that's great, then I can send my warrior pretty much all green weapons.

Deleted
    Oh that's great, then I can send my warrior pretty much all green weapons.
    Yep, thats what I am doing .

Druids can still use fist weapons, there just won't be any other weapon than the artifacts in Legion. So unless you want to play with weapons from previous expansions, you can unlock stuff, but not transmog it.

Honestly, I don't see why can't we transmog any weapon we can use. Bows and guns don't use the same animations, nor do polearms/staves and the other 2H weapons, yet those can be transmogged into each other. What's the point of expanding customization if you're going to restrict some specs to a single weapontype for the whole expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    I read this from the patch notes, though I am still a bit confused. If I have ie. a Rogue tier piece in my bags on my monk, will the appearence still be unlocked for my rogue, or will the rogue have to obtain the item for the appearence to be unlocked?

Thank you, and sorry if this has already been adressed somewhere else
    No, the item has to be relevant to the character in question.
    Firstly can you equip it - no, in the case of another class tier.
    Secondly is it your primary armor type - plate on a paladion, leather on a rogue etc.

If both of those requirements are met, then it should be eligible in most cases.
    The first is not, therefore no.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Druids can still use fist weapons, there just won't be any other weapon than the artifacts in Legion. So unless you want to play with weapons from previous expansions, you can unlock stuff, but not transmog it.

Honestly, I don't see why can't we transmog any weapon we can use. Bows and guns don't use the same animations, nor do polearms/staves and the other 2H weapons, yet those can be transmogged into each other. What's the point of expanding customization if you're going to restrict some specs to a single weapontype for the whole expansion?
    They are expanding the library of options any slot has.
    If you were equipping a given weapon due to it being being "Best in Slot", due to the stats etc then you have the same options as before.
    Didn't many players stick with a weapon because of the stats anyway ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-19 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They are expanding the library of options any slot has.
    If you were equipping a given weapon due to it being being "Best in Slot", due to the stats etc then you have the same options as before.
    Didn't many players stick with a weapon because of the stats anyway ?
    From the first green item you get at the beginning of the expansion to the BiS weapon from the last tier? No less than 6 or 7 different weapons. And some specs may even have different BiS depending on their talents and stuff.

Not that anyone raiding anything below Mythic cares about BiS anyway.

In WoD, all PvP weapons had the same stats, so you could pick the weapontype you want for transmog, that's gone too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there is 1000s of rare BoE, we will need to go on a lot of realm to buy them, but to learn it we need to equip it, so will we need to level up 1000s of level 55+ (if non plate) or does the trial character works ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    From the first green item you get at the beginning of the expansion to the BiS weapon from the last tier? No less than 6 or 7 different weapons. And some specs may even have different BiS depending on their talents and stuff.

Not that anyone raiding anything below Mythic cares about BiS anyway.

In WoD, all PvP weapons had the same stats, so you could pick the weapontype you want for transmog, that's gone too.
    They didnt have the same stats though.
    There were minor differences between a 1h/offhand and a 2h.
    And those minor differences did in many cases dictate for a player the better choice with better stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Since there is 1000s of rare BoE, we will need to go on a lot of realm to buy them, but to learn it we need to equip it, so will we need to level up 1000s of level 55+ (if non plate) or does the trial character works ?
    Interesting question, since there is no easy removal of them en-masse as blizzard seemed to tell us when explaining the character copy delay.
    My guess as for a best-practice would be for items on trial character to not be added until it was unlocked again with a paid boost.
    But whether it behaves that way, I can't be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I understand it correctly, I have to farm plate transmog on my warrior, cloth on my mage, mail on my shaman, and leather on my druid?