Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildjade View Post
    The feature isn't going anywhere, you just need to spend a few seconds interacting with an NPC. They don't owe you an explanation, it's your choice to play their game, if you don't like it then there's an option to leave. It is completely their choice what they do with it, whether they pander to the minority, or cater for the majority like most companies.

A few seconds across your 21 characters won't add up to much. How much time do you spend playing the game that 5 minutes is going to make a difference? It's not like you're going to change helm 5 times a week is it?
    So if they implement something you do not like in the game, or remove one you liked, the only option is leaving? am i not allowed to say i would like the feature to remain in the game, and to ask why did they remove it, without saying "OMG the game is dead" and then leave?
    It seems to me that just saying i dislike they removed an option the game had, is seen by a lot of people in this thread as if i wanted blizz to close the servers right now.
    I do not know what is the point of these forums if we can not discuss any topic without the need of leaving the game as soon as anyone disagrees with whatever they add or remove to the game.

Deleted
    And by the way, RPers can't just put the head in bags during their social sessions? I think that during fight sessions helm should be always equipped, so i don't really see the problem. Just put in bag when you don't need, equip it when fighting, problem solved.

Isn't the appearance tied to gear slot and not item? So if you set helm as no appearance, doesn't it always will be off regardless of you equipping new helms? And if you want to toggle between on/off helm, save two sets and and swap on the fly? At least that is how I understood the transmog system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    Isn't the appearance tied to gear slot and not item? So if you set helm as no appearance, doesn't it always will be off regardless of you equipping new helms? And if you want to toggle between on/off helm, save two sets and and swap on the fly? At least that is how I understood the transmog system
    That's my belief too. Transmog is no longer tied to a specific piece of gear.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    That would be ideal, but sadly that's not how it works on Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    That would be ideal, but sadly that's not how it works on Beta.
    How does it work with triple-spec? Since the gear can change per spec, does this mean a piece of gear get 3 different transmog? That seems... complicated for nothing.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    God dammit Blizz. /facepalm

Really? REALLY?! Why? What possible reason could there be to tie players to an NPC to do this?

EDIT: I guess this isn't a new change, and it's been in the beta for a bit. I don't have beta access(thanks for that, btw, Blizz), and this is the first I encountered it. My bad, apparently. Still, this is my reaction. Even though it's a relatively minor inconvenience, it's just one more on the pile of minor inconveniences.

Anyway, here's my post from page 3, that hopefully explains where I'm at:
    The reason for this is anything to slow you down or take more time to do, even smaller things, adds up and extends your time in game. The longer you're wasting time doing those housekeeping type of things, or running around a cliff or windy road, or searching for a hidden NPC, etc., the longer it'll take to complete an objective or finish up content.

It's cheaper for Blizz to put those time-wasters in the game than to pay people to produce better, more fun and interesting content that you might actually want to do.

The result is better profit margins for Blizz/Acti.

Deleted
    How does it work with triple-spec? Since the gear can change per spec, does this mean a piece of gear get 3 different transmog? That seems... complicated for nothing.
    Gear doesn't actually change per spec. I haven't tried saving different mog sets for specs, but apperently they change as you change specs.

Or maybe I misunderstand your post. Anyway. I think it's great. Now I won't have to go to a transmog vendor to change every piece of gear except for the weapon.

That will be the second shitstorm, because it doesn't work like that, every time you equip a new item you need to transmog it again as allways.

It's going to be really funny to see the chaos during this week.
    First everyone will se their helm and cloack, then they will search for the option to hide them in the interface options geting another surprise with 60% of the interface options removed, then they will go to a transmog NPC to change it, and when they equip a diferent helm, BOOM! sorry, you need to transmog that new helm.

I mean, the obvious though about the new transmog system was that it was going to be better, at least letting you transmog ARMOR SLOTS instead of items so you don't have to go to the NPC every time you get a new item, but you know...it's Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    So if they implement something you do not like in the game, or remove one you liked, the only option is leaving? am i not allowed to say i would like the feature to remain in the game, and to ask why did they remove it, without saying "OMG the game is dead" and then leave?
    It seems to me that just saying i dislike they removed an option the game had, is seen by a lot of people in this thread as if i wanted blizz to close the servers right now.
    I do not know what is the point of these forums if we can not discuss any topic without the need of leaving the game as soon as anyone disagrees with whatever they add or remove to the game.
    Nobody is telling you to leave, I said there is an option to if it bugs you that much. I'm merely pointing out that they don't owe you, or anyone else. Clearly it bugged you enough to hop onto MMO Champion and tell people about it. I'm just trying to understand why many people are making such a fuss over it. Why do you need an explanation? Will that help in any way? Surely it would annoy people more, if the reason doesn't satisfy them. It is what it is... I'm not trying to offend, only to understand.

My (newbie) DeviantArt - Beautiful sig by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why do you need to visit the appearance customisation NPC to customise your appearance? I can't imagine.
    I know right! What is next, visiting a repair NPC to repair your items? Preposterous!

Why do you need an explanation? Will that help in any way? Surely it would annoy people more, if the reason doesn't satisfy them. It is what it is... I'm not trying to offend, only to understand.
    not trying to offend either, but an explanation would shed more light on WHY the change was needed, for all we know the meeting about the change was "ok team, we're adding a wardrobe system, what should we add to it? whats that person we hired that never played the game? move the hide helm and cloak options to the transmog npcs, making the players experience the world, or a flightpath/hearthstone? good idea, there's no way this could be a stupid decision"

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    I know right! What is next, visiting a repair NPC to repair your items? Preposterous!
    difference is there's only 10 transmog npc's and how many repair npc's?
    org, stormwind, both shrines, both garrisons, legion dalaran, the yak, warspear and stormshield, vs every major and minor outpost, a handful of engineer creations, the tundra mammoth, and the yak, so 1 npc in the field for 120k gold, vs any camp, any of the engi repair bots, the mammoth, and the same 120k npc
    Last edited by Phazeblade; 2016-07-19 at 02:13 PM.

The reason is simple

GRAND

EXPEDITION

YAK

also hide head = xmog = xmog npc

If you can understand this, we are fine, otherwise you are probably a minus habens

Deleted
    Nobody is telling you to leave, I said there is an option to if it bugs you that much. I'm merely pointing out that they don't owe you, or anyone else. Clearly it bugged you enough to hop onto MMO Champion and tell people about it. I'm just trying to understand why many people are making such a fuss over it. Why do you need an explanation? Will that help in any way? Surely it would annoy people more, if the reason doesn't satisfy them. It is what it is... I'm not trying to offend, only to understand.
    Yes an explanation will help ME at least, and it only bugs me as long as it is unnecessary, but if they have to do it because they have limitations with the game code or the game engine, then it is fine, because it is clear that the new system they try to implement is more important that my inconvinience.
    That is why an explanation, although not mandatory, would be a nice thing for them to do.
    If it happens to be an unnecessary removal of a long time working feature, then i am not gonna be happy about it, not to the point of needing to leave the game, but it would be another thing in my blizzard´s list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    If you have been autorepairing your items for the last 10 years, then yeah.

I wish everything that needed done required NPC interaction.

Please explain me what is so difficult, in letting the system be as it is for the people you talk about, and at the same time keep the old option of global enable/disable visibility, for the ones that like me, still want that option.
    So you want to create a messy system where the same thing is accessed in two completely different ways.
    And what is actually achieved by that messy system.

The old system was at odds with how transmog now works, so blizzard consolidated it in a way that is consistent.

I do, i want to equip the helms i get while leveling, and still be able to see the head of my char, without having to go to an NPC EACH TIME, one of my chars equips a helm.
    And you had that issue of it spoiling the "look" when replacing any other slot, yet those are deemed oh so special to support that argument.
    If you are willing to replace a glove or foot slot for better stats before you transmog it again, you can do so for your head, shoulder or cloak.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-19 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand people demanding to know why something was done. What does it matter? Blizzard had their reasons and it's their game, so be it. If it really bothers you so much that you HAVE to know why, maybe going outside might help that problem. People complaining if they get a new helm in a dungeon and they have to put it on and "look ugly" till the dungeon is over....lol...wtf? Really? That one really got me laughing. You're so vain, bet you thought this thread was about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I don't understand people demanding to know why something was done. What does it matter? Blizzard had their reasons and it's their game, so be it. If it really bothers you so much that you HAVE to know why, maybe going outside might help that problem. People complaining if they get a new helm in a dungeon and they have to put it on and "look ugly" till the dungeon is over....lol...wtf? Really? That one really got me laughing. You're so vain, bet you thought this thread was about you.
    I love how "Go outside" is the new insult with some vague insinuation. Being in doors is not an insult, people. Like what the actual fuck?

I do agree with your point on people needing to realize this is Blizzards game and they owe no one an explanation though.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They want you to spend time in hubs (assuming the npc is in a city?). After the garrison mess i would assume they want you to see other players more often.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    If you don't have the grand expedition yak by now I'm not sure what you're doing with your time online.