Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if i were an official, i'd try to draft legislation for it. but i am not, so it doesn't really matter if some random chick goes out and screams she's for legalizing it.
    On the contrary, I'm sure everyone in your family, friends and acquaintances (job-related and other) would want to know.

Yeah...you'll keep your little desires in the closet rather than say a word other than post anonymously on some internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    On the contrary, I'm sure everyone in your family, friends and acquaintances (job-related and other) would want to know.

Yeah...you'll keep your little desires in the closet rather than say a word other than post anonymously on some internet forum.
    you want me to just walk up to mom and say something that random? you don't just blurt things out unless the conversation leads in that direction. if it ever comes up in conversation, i'm not going to hide that i wouldn't mind it being legalized. thinking it should be legal =/= wanting to do it yourself. i would sign a big NO on my papers if it was an option, and i would not indulge my partner's desire to do it should they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    If decisions were in the hands of the young the world would be like Lord of the Flies, anything goes as long as its the way you want it and than you just start killing people off when you can't hold the tantrum in any longer.
    I've never thought Lord Of The Flies was a valid argument for or against human nature for one very simple reason: There were no girls on the island.

If two consenting adults want to get it on then who gives a shit. "Ewww" isn't a reason to keep something illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    If two consenting adults want to get it on then who gives a shit. "Ewww" isn't a reason to keep something illegal.
    Then why keep your desires in the closet?

Be proud. Make it public.
    We all want to know who you are, including your family.

Then why keep your desires in the closet?

Be proud. Make it public.
    We all want to know who you are, including your family.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with what I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    last I checked it wasn't illegal, at least not in the US. if you mean like gay marriage then... I don't expect that to ever happen.
    Its illegal here in the Netherlands, it was worse 100+ years, you couldnt even marry someone related by a century (Cousins in the 4th grade needed a special document from both the state and the church)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayndorn View Post
    The "Slippery Slope" argument is ridiculous. Same-sex relations are nothing like pedophilia or bestiality. Two men can have sex. That's no better or worse than a woman and a man having sex. With the knowledge that both parties have given consent and are of legal age, of course. Which leads on to the problems of the other concepts.

Bestiality is impossible to be consented to. An animal cannot give the adequate level of consent a human could, so any campaign protesting for the right to bang their guinea pig is going to be shot down and/or laughed at. It is not the same thing as homosexuality. End of story.

As for pedophilia, a minor cannot legally have sexual interactions with somebody of the legal age anyway. And don't try to insist that it's only a legal wrong, like homosexual marriage a few decades ago. It will never be brought to the same level of legal or social acceptance of LGBT rights because in the majority of cases pedophilia involves manipulation, abuse, and rape. It is not the same thing as homosexuality. End of story.

As for incest, it's fact that children sired from such couplings can get all sorts of horrid issues in their development. It's not just wrong from a moral standpoint with no evidence, like anti-gay arguments. There is solid evidence that incest will fuck a kid up. It is not the same thing as homosexuality. End of story.

As for incestual scenarios where no children are at risk of being sired? It is still incest, and its irreversibly associated with the obvious wrongs I said above. I highly doubt there will be a campaign where people protest for the right to "Bang their sisters, BUT WITH PROTECTION." Yeah, no.
    But the same arguments used to legalize homosexuality will be used in incest.

Better not be a bigot and discriminate amirite?? Cause we know in 2016 nothing is more evil and wicked than -possibly- being seen as a bigot.

#Lovewins™

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Better not be a bigot and discriminate amirite?? Cause we know in 2016 nothing is more evil and wicked than -possibly- being seen as a bigot.

#Lovewins™
    The man that says publicly that he wants his sister...and wants to marry her...will get the reaction that he deserves.

7+ Year Old Account
    The man that says publicly that he wants his sister...and wants to marry her...will get the reaction that he deserves.
    I have so little faith in humanity now that I can't expect that to happen.

After all, wouldn't want to be a bigot? Bigots are evil boogymen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Very soon in Canada. Same with pedophilia
    I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Two consenting adults doing what they want should be nobody else's business.
    The law disagrees in a myriad of other situations.

As already stated, the issue with incest is primarily genetic risk. If you want to go Targaryen while using birth control, more power to you I suppose.

TBH I think the thing is, do you really want people going to jail because they fucked their cousin? It's pretty stupid. Yea nobody should reproduce inside their own family, but as weird as incest can be, if it's truly done between two consenting adults, i don't think we can argue much. Not like it'll happen very often anyway. The law is probably there to prevent fucked up guys to fuck their underage daughter/sister/cousin.

I don't think consenting incest should warrant any jailtime or fine, it should definitely still be discouraged however. although if two people are truly happy in their situation and it causes them no harm... who are we to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Like what?
    Prostitution is an easy example.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The law disagrees in a myriad of other situations.

As already stated, the issue with incest is primarily genetic risk. If you want to go Targaryen while using birth control, more power to you I suppose.
    The genetic risk - at least for children born to incestuous couples who do not themselves have incestuous parents - is exaggerated, and is in fact significantly lower than the risk of passing on other inheritable conditions. Where I live, it's not illegal for non-incestuous couples to have children if there is a high chance of passing on an inherited condition, so there's no legal consistency there.

The risk factor grows with successive generations of inbreeding.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    that pretty much blows my mind too. then again "god forgives all" -_-

- - - Updated - - -

that really depends on the definition of life being used. some argue living on life support is not living. Before the middle of the second trimester the same could be said for a fetus which is the argument for many abortion advocates.
    That would be philosophical, not scientific. In terms of being alive a fetus, zygote, what have you is both alive and made of human DNA different from the mother. It is a person, and unlike someone in a persistent vegetative state it will almost certainly wake up and be able to move, so its a bad philosophical argument and not really scientific.

This is one department were the pro-choice crowd has really sucked and that is coherent rhetoric. Pro-Life people are not wrong to suggest that a human life can be thought of as beginning at conception, in the same way the Universe begins at the big bang, its just nothing like the universe we recognize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

#Lovewins™
    As I said, there's nothing biologically problematic about homosexuality. The fact that incest has evidence to prove why it's wrong puts it on a different scale to homosexuality entirely. Therefore, it's extremely unlikely legalizing incest will get the same support LGBT rights have gotten when there is scientific evidence to throw at pro-incest supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Oh, that's legal in my country.
    That's why "the West" is a dumb word to use, some Western countries are 50 years behind others.
    I won't disagree

- - - Updated - - -

The genetic risk - at least for children born to incestuous couples who do not themselves have incestuous parents - is exaggerated, and is in fact significantly lower than the risk of passing on other inheritable conditions. Where I live, it's not illegal for non-incestuous couples to have children if there is a high chance of passing on an inherited condition, so there's no legal consistency there.

I would guess that's the crux of it. Interesting on the low risk thing though... it's something I had heard, and assumed to be higher than the average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I don't think people should be jailed for boinking another consenting adult... but still, please don't fuck your relatives that's completely fucked up

Would the risk return to baseline if they reproduced outward?