What would be an average time to reach 110?

I just got Beta access myself so I can test this once it's downloaded however I wanted to get some other opinions.

Say I have a water walking mount and sufficient gold/gear what would be an average amount of time to reach 110 from 100 without stacking 25 quests for launch? Doing both dungeons with a group of friends and quests as well.

I am trying to figure out roughly how long it will take to level 2-3 alts once Legion launches, I've seen some posts saying 16+ hours and some saying it's 8 or less. I have a full week of leave for this expansion and I'll be leveling with some friends playing 8-15 hours per day.

FWIW, I just got beta also and spent about 3 hours before I hit 101. Some of that was largely due to not being familiar with the class I'm trying (survival), and being my first time through this leveling experience, but most of the quests were only giving around 15k xp a piece, and if IIRC it was about 650k to ding. That's a boat load of quests, even after considering straight xp from killing stuff. My guess is that unless they tune the quest xp, the first time through will be closer to 15-20 at least.

We'll see I guess. I also have seen plenty of posts where people claim it takes less than 10 hours, but I really can't imagine it being that quick until you're on your 3rd or 4th toon and know exactly where everything is, what to kill, who to talk to, etc.

Edit- Not that I'm complaining about doing the quests though. Honestly, I thought the artifact series was great, and I'm enjoying Stormheim(sp) so far as well. Just saying that plowing through in one sitting would probably be very difficult.
    Last edited by Tolian; 2016-07-18 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Amazes me that people are in that much of a rush to get to level cap. Why not just enjoy the quests and take it all in, before long there'll be nothing to do again.

My first 2 rogues took me aproxx 13-15 hours mainly cause not so great cleave/aoe.

Third rogue took me 9 hours cause i steamrolled everything and cause i knew everything about zones after all.

Ilvl was 743-747 depended on spec and gear with flasks/food/rune etc. The ideal path seems to be do 100% of every quest on each zone with doing one dungeon on each zone when u get a quest for it. After all u need rep and AP to unlock world quests etc. GL.

At most 8 hours I think. With full HFC mythic and a group of 3ish people I was able to complete 1 leveling zone in about 45 min start to finish. Some extra time for Class order campaign and it slows down a bit towards the end.

How long it will take on launch will depend a lot on servers. If we get a lot of crashs and lag on launch could be 10 hours to level.

Quote Originally Posted by iamste View Post
    Amazes me that people are in that much of a rush to get to level cap. Why not just enjoy the quests and take it all in, before long there'll be nothing to do again.
    When all the expansions have made the statement that "all content before the endgame is meaningless" then it isn't difficult to grasp why that mindset lingers.

I think it maybe took me between 12-15 hours to get from 100-110 on the beta.. hell it could even be more I didn't really take time.

10+ Year Old Account
    if by "before long" you mean a few months... by which time there will likely be a content patch
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl is quicker than leveling.. So.. That's fine. I like it that way..

No worries... you will get to do those leveling quests again and again, as world quests!

Deleted
    Took me around 12 hrs to get to 107, during which I sometimes read quest txt, stopped for rp events/rares, goofed around in my class hall and dalaran - done as a ret pally

Edit:
    I did mostly quests to unlock the pillars (and dungeons connected with them - I'm left with Stormheim now). I was also careful not to pull much, so I'm guessing tanks would lvl up faster as then can pull like 5-6 mobs and not die?
    Last edited by mmocfbc3d04d93; 2016-07-19 at 12:14 PM.

6 hours for my elemental shaman, 10 for my DK but I was skinning.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

26 hours on a guardian bear. I was really taking the slow way, I guess =)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you will be overwhelmed by all the shit you have to do when you reach level cap this time and you probably want to finish your campaign as soon as possible to get 3rd relic slot + Artifact research
    p.s took me around 14 hours with fire mage before nerf and i read most of quest texts.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    You guys go really fast. I got to lvl 106 on my resto druid - levelling as resto - and it took me 22 hours. I did two artifact question chains, and healed a TON of dungeons, though. The dungeons are a HUGE time sink I won't repeat - only once per quest / zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    6 hours for my elemental shaman, 10 for my DK but I was skinning.
    6 hours?? what was your ilvl?
    Also, did you do ALL the quests in all of the zones or just the pillar ones? (I did just the ones for the pillars and I was 99 and a half when I finished all zones, needed to do the dungeons for the rest). Any tips/tricks for leveling that fast? (what to skip, what to do?)

I didn't do the murloc area in highmountain, and didnt do the legion area in azsuna (near the demon hunters)

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    6 hours?? what was your ilvl?
    Also, did you do ALL the quests in all of the zones or just the pillar ones? (I did just the ones for the pillars and I was 99 and a half when I finished all zones, needed to do the dungeons for the rest). Any tips/tricks for leveling that fast? (what to skip, what to do?)

I didn't do the murloc area in highmountain, and didnt do the legion area in azsuna (near the demon hunters)
    I dunno, I've never logged into beta. I threw chain lightning at other peoples shit and kept moving along. I never looted unless it was something to loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

It seems like leveling speed has always scaled non-linearly with effort and anxiety level. People who are in a hurry and insecure about falling behind manage to do it MUCH faster than people who are just playing the game and not reading up in advance and planning everything out and working out the optimal progression and just go-go-go until they hit the cap.

This makes it a difficult question to answer, and when you read all these "I did it in six hours" or even "It took me 20 hours" stories, it can seem like it's taking forever when you get in and try it yourself.

I don't think you can come up with a meaningful "average" number that will be useful. Most people will be well above or below whatever the true average (or median) value is. It would be neat to see a graph of the real leveling speed data.