Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    People just have been unable to not feel forced.
    Use the slow mount if you want to!
    The speed of flying mounts is largely an issue - its just simply better in every aspect of travel.

No serious player will use a slow mount and deliberately reduce their efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Use the slow mount if you want to!
    The speed of flying mounts is largely an issue - its just simply better in every aspect of travel.

No serious player will use a slow mount and deliberately reduce their efficiency
    Stop spreading this BS already. I hate, when people keep parroting the same dumb 100500 times beaten argument again, again and again. It really looks like "pretending to be the moron" trolling, where one guy pretends, that he doesn't understand other players' arguments and keeps parroting the same stupid argument and asking for proofs, when all proofs are already given. FPs are as fast, as flying mounts, and there is no difference, what speed do you have, when you do your quests inside 2x2m quest location. I guess, Blizzard make their quest locations that small and density of mobs so high exactly to cater to lazy players, who can't make more, than 2 steps from FP and want to kill all 100 mobs inside 2 meters radius from it. This crap started happening back in Cata, when Blizzard overhauled all quests "to cater to new players". Currently flying is about 2 things only: 1) Freedom/immersion feeling for players, who hate to lose control over their characters and being taken out of the world - who want to get from point A to point B via controlling their characters by themselves, i.e. actually playing the game - not AFKing, Alt-Tabbing, watching TV, etc 2) Bypassing flawed outdoor content design to avoid spoiling their gaming experience and breaking their fantasy/immersion: overcrowding, bottlenecking, overspawning, forced competition and socialization, terrible "binary" terrain, etc - if you don't want to compete with other players for quest objectives, you have an option to move to other location and do something else without wasting your time.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-19 at 01:34 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    FPs are as fast, as flying mounts, and there is no difference, what speed do you have, when you do your quests inside 2x2m quest location.
    I disagree with this. There is a difference, flying is faster and better.

It is simpler, the answer to "no serious player will use a slow mount and deliberately reduce their efficiency" is "if you value efficiency more than whatever you like regarding no flight, that's certainly OK, and that's not a reason to remove flying".

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I disagree with this. There is a difference, flying is faster and better.

It is simpler, the answer to "no serious player will use a slow mount and deliberately reduce their efficiency" is "if you value efficiency more than whatever you like regarding no flight, that's certainly OK, and that's not a reason to remove flying".
    What difference? Being able to get to nearby mob 4x faster? 4x faster, than what? Than 2 seconds? When mounting takes more time, than simply walking to it? Don't make me laugh.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    so all of you who are so loving of flying that have been posting for 383 pages now... if you hate the game because flying will need to be unlocked, then why are you even playing? go play flight simulator if you care about flying so god danm much

flying will be unlockable half way through the expansion, so most likley in 7.2, and we will be able to do about 80% of the acheivment at launch, with the other 20% most likley coming in 7.1 and 7.2

also with stuff like the flight whistle, and the massive amount of flight points, it will be super easy to get around
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so all of you who are so loving of flying that have been posting for 383 pages now... if you hate the game because flying will need to be unlocked, then why are you even playing? go play flight simulator if you care about flying so god danm much

flying will be unlockable half way through the expansion, so most likley in 7.2, and we will be able to do about 80% of the acheivment at launch, with the other 20% most likley coming in 7.1 and 7.2

also with stuff like the flight whistle, and the massive amount of flight points, it will be super easy to get around
    Yeah, sure, I've already quitted Wow to play FlightGear, lol. True story. My favourite route is KSJC-KSFO on 777.

Also, I've read some comments about pre-patch and many players say, that pruning makes WOD content literally unplayable (especially for classes, that don't have explicit healing), so, I guess, I won't be able to play Wow, if Blizzard won't return flying soon enough. So now this discussion is principal for me. It's the matter of life or death.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-07-19 at 02:40 PM.

What difference? Being able to get to nearby mob 4x faster? 4x faster, than what? Than 2 seconds? When mounting takes more time, than simply walking to it? Don't make me laugh.
    If we are talking about Legion world quests, it's significantly more than 2 seconds.

(Imagine MoP dailies, but without clustering. That's what Legion world quests are like in terms of travel time.)

Same doubly so for gathering, rares, archaeology, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: But again, that's not a reason to remove flying at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No longer playing, so you got what you wanted.

If we are talking about Legion world quests, it's significantly more than 2 seconds.

(Imagine MoP dailies, but without clustering. That's what Legion world quests are like in terms of travel time.)

Same doubly so for gathering, rares, archaeology, etc.
    FPs are effective enough to travel between WQs. Anything else can be tuned to make it flying-independent (like changes, Blizzard make to archaeology in Legion), except may be several things, where competition is involved. But competition in outdoor content - is flawed design in a first place. No, I don't say, that we don't need competition at all, cuz some players need it. But at least it shouldn't be mandatory. Rares are mandatory. Gathering for example. As somebody said in the past: "Gathering - is game for bots, so let bots play it".

I have to admit... I am laughing out loud at people who are just livid about the camera zoom change.

Some of these people are anti-flyers and took great pleasure in seeing us almost lose and have flight delayed like it is.

And now the shoe is on the other foot... when people take the side of Blizzard over fellow players, it's only a matter of time before they get something they are passionate about taken from them. How you like it? Enjoy your engaging boss knee encounters and motion sickness. You have worked so hard on anti-flight initiatives that you deserve it!

FPs are effective enough to travel between WQs. Anything else can be tuned to make it flying-independent (like changes, Blizzard make to archaeology in Legion), except may be several things, where competition is involved. But competition in outdoor content - is flawed design in a first place. No, I don't say, that we don't need competition at all, cuz some players need it. But it shouldn't be mandatory. Gathering for example. As somebody said in the past: "Gathering - is game for bots, so let bots play it".
    I disagree that FPs are effective enough to travel between world quests and I disagree that gathering is a game for bots (I like gathering - yes, for real).

Anyway, I am not looking for a fight. Just wanted to say that I have a different opinion, I am arriving at the same conclusion as you - flying is good and should stay - but via a different road - it's not that flying isn't making travel faster, it does, that's part of why it's good (there are other parts), and it should stay because it's good and it being effective is not a reason to remove it. In my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I might agree with your point regarding no competition in the world - apart from rares, it largely doesn't exist, and perhaps that's fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I have to admit... I am laughing out loud at people who are just livid about the camera zoom change.

Some of these people are anti-flyers and took great pleasure in seeing us almost lose and have flight delayed like it is.

And now the shoe is on the other foot... when people take the side of Blizzard over fellow players, it's only a matter of time before they get something they are passionate about taken from them. How you like it? Enjoy your engaging boss knee encounters and motion sickness. You have worked so hard on anti-flight initiatives that you deserve it!
    That's true, some of those who are perhaps neutral to flying but have been playing devil's advocates and whatnot in this and former threads to show that they are "rational" compared to "whiners", are going to be hit by some other stupid change from Blizzard for the thing they do value sooner or later. (Yeah, I get it, I get it, when that happens, they "won't make a scene and will simply quit", sure. The point is that it's stupid to be defending Blizzard doing stupid things just because you don't share others opinion and think they have little reason to complain.)

PS: I might agree with your point regarding no competition in the world - apart from rares, it largely doesn't exist, and perhaps that's fine.

It would be easy to say that cross-realm hopping is of MUCH more detriment to this game than flying ever could be. Remove cross realm hopping not flying.

It would be easy to say that cross-realm hopping is of MUCH more detriment to this game than flying ever could be. Remove cross realm hopping not flying.
    Oh, yeah, 100% agree. It's ridiculous.

(I guess folks phasing in and out in droves doesn't hurt immersion at all, huh? Now, I understand that it is not that, and it is just that Blizzard are - surprise, surprise, too slow and too inept to even notice the issue yet alone fix it on a timely basis. But that tells you once again how BS their arguments regarding "immersion" are.)
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-19 at 03:16 PM.

Flying hasn't been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    You are nitpicking, it has been removed in actual content for a long time.

Interesting nickname.

I'd be ok with no flying at all, but the system they have in place is the best Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    WoD was playable without flying, so to will legion. Wasnt bothered either way over this in legion.
    been on the beta since first wave and leveled 2 to 110, and for me at no point did it feel like i just NEEDED to be able to fly. Blizz has nailed it with this expac i think

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Funny thing. I am max level in beta.. and I cannot fly. In fact... I cannot get flying anywhere. It is not achievable.

Therefore it has been removed form current content. Later they are supposed to add it back. You cannot add it back unless you took it away to begin with.

Funny thing. I am max level in beta.. and I cannot fly. In fact... I cannot get flying anywhere. It is not achievable.

Therefore it has been removed form current content. Later they are supposed to add it back. You cannot add it back unless you took it away to begin with.
    Yea, but isn't it going to added on in a later patch? The promise wasn't at max level right. It's going to be the same thing as warlords, the exception is being able to work towards the achievement earlier I think.

This is a semantic argument that isn't really important. Historically, before WoD, they added flying at max level. From this perspective, they took flying away, in the sense that after TBC flying has been a thing you can do at max level. In a game like WoW, the expectations you set in a constantly shifting, constantly updating game are important, because players don't have a way to read the development teams intentions for the future.

But equally, they've been up front with their intention to not have flying at release in Legion. They're not adding anything back, you can fly everywhere you could before. They're choosing to restrict flying in the areas that you currently can't explore.

Don't argue about the semantics. Argue about the decision to restrict flying in the new zones even after you've done everything there is to do in them until an arbitrary future patch they're hoping won't be as long a wait as 6.0-6.2.

I disagree that FPs are effective enough to travel between world quests and I disagree that gathering is a game for bots (I like gathering - yes, for real).

Anyway, I am not looking for a fight. Just wanted to say that I have a different opinion, I am arriving at the same conclusion as you - flying is good and should stay - but via a different road - it's not that flying isn't making travel faster, it does, that's part of why it's good (there are other parts), and it should stay because it's good and it being effective is not a reason to remove it. In my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, some of those who are perhaps neutral to flying but have been playing devil's advocates and whatnot in this and former threads to show that they are "rational" compared to "whiners", are going to be hit by some other stupid change from Blizzard for the thing they do value sooner or later. (Yeah, I get it, I get it, when that happens, they "won't make a scene and will simply quit", sure. The point is that it's stupid to be defending Blizzard doing stupid things just because you don't share others opinion and think they have little reason to complain.)
    As most people have posted, if a change is made that is game breaking, you have every right to quit. People understand you are upset about flight, that's never been the issue.
    As far as the camera, the comparison is a little different. You are taking something that is a convenience and trivializes world content as well as, in a way, takes you out of the game. This is a little different than the camera change that has a direct relation to how the encounters work and can be very detrimental to the playing of the game itself. If you are looking for reasons as to why this is, there's a whole thread dedicated to it, not going to retype it.
    As it stands, I hate the camera change, but is it enough to get me to stop playing? Probably not. So far it hasn't affected my game play that much and will wait to see how it goes in Legion during raid encounters (I did not test them on beta). If it's a problem for me, I won't play for much longer, as that is my choice.