Deleted

Questions in regards to coolers, using TV as monitor for gaming and grafic card

I am about to buy a stationary computer, and I have the following questions:

In regards to cooler:
    The default cooler is Corsair VS650 650W, but it is possible to upgrade to the following:

- Silent PSU upgrade (Corsair RM750x 80plus gold)
    - Silent CPU upgrade (Be Quiet Pure Rock cooler)
    - Corsair H75 Hydro (water cooling)

Last time I gamed seriously (3-4 years ago) I had a pretty bad experience with my noisy pc. It is necesarry to spend extra money for any of these upgrades to avoid it being noisy while still keeping the pc cool?

In regards to using TV as monitor:
    I plan on buying a big TV for gaming, as I don't have room for a desk to game on seperately. If also possible then I will be using a wireless mouse, keyboard and headset. Are there any limitations to this (latency, limited fps, lower quality etc)? I will not be buying a 4k TV, but it will be in the medium-high end (1-2k dollars)

Lastly the computer I plan on buying has GTX1080 grafic card as default, however my brother tells me it is worth downgrading it for the GTX 1070 to save money, as I don't need that good of a graphic card for gaming stuff like WOW, Overwatch and the Total War games.

Corsair VS650 650W is not a cooler, it's a PSU, power transformer that supplies your components with power. Water cooling is very noisy compared to similar priced air cooling solutions, so I wouldnt go with that.

On TV as a monitor - yes, it will be much lower quality then a decent gaming monitor. Wireless peripherals also obviously have latency, which will be crucial if you plan on playing any FPS. Wireless headset is fine other than the fact that you have to recharge it all the time.

Videocard choice should depend on your needs. You definetely dont need GTX 1080 for the games you listed if you're not going 4K.

Deleted
    Thanks. Very helpful. Got everything I needed ordered by now. A bit more than 20.000 DKK spent (3000 dollars), but it will be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the TV, it entirely depends on the TV in terms of quality. It also entirely depends on the panel used for refresh rate. Post processing however on a TV is more common, and so latency goes up. It really depends on what you're looking for though. It is a false notion that monitors are better than TV in quality. If you buy a crappy monitor, you get a crappy monitor, and as so it applies to TVs. You buy a crappy TV you get crappy TV. There's also the notion that TVs tend to use VA panels which is better for contrast and perceived image quality.

Gamut and color depth support is different on TV however. TVs at the higher end (well 3840x2160 usually, not sure about lower range) tend to support higher gamut and higher color depth, talking (true) 10bit / DCI-P3 gamut where as monitors, well, you're not getting that kind of support unless you buy very specific monitors and then you're looking at higher expense spec to spec. Aka you're looking at Eizo and NEC premium prices, lol.

@Artorius should have better clue on TVs, I don't TV.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-07-19 at 03:23 PM.