Shipyards After The Legion Gold Nerf?

Now that the gold nerf is here and shipyard missions no longer benefit from gold bonuses, would it help generate gold if you switch your ships/crews from maximum gold bonuses (dwarf/goblin crews) to maximum time bonuses (elven crews, assuming they are still give the time bonus) to help generate gold? Theory being that if we aren't getting gold bonus at least go for fastest mission times (quantity over quality so to speak).

Would this work and has anybody figured out the optimum shipyard build to do this?

Deleted
    Jesus Christ, let those damn garrisons and shityards die and RIP already ;D Anybody who gave half a shit has reaped several millions of gold throughout the expansion, are 5 weeks worth of scraps really worth the hassle? ;]

Shipyard missions don't give gold in 7.0, it's been replaced with other items (commonly oil or apexis crystals).

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Jesus Christ, let those damn garrisons and shityards die and RIP already ;D Anybody who gave half a shit has reaped several millions of gold throughout the expansion, are 5 weeks worth of scraps really worth the hassle? ;]
    For one thing, I haven’t been constantly playing for the entire WoD lifespan. Came in late (few months after launch), quit before shipyard implementation, and took another break after messing with shipyards for a month, and just resubbed within the last couple of weeks. So, I’m not rolling in millions of gold.

I’m not complaining that I haven’t made the gold. I just want to see if there is any gold making to be had from these things during legion. After all, we have sunk a huge amount of time into setting these up. And if they just generate a fraction of gold for a few minutes of work I want to find out.

You forget... more than half of the WoD players gave a LOT less than half a shit... in fact we didn't give a shit at all and left the game to those that gave half a shit.

Now, some of us are back (me 3 months, some less) and they are still wanting to make profit for the expansion. Because, you see... now YOU don't give a shit... but we are giving at least a half a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Shipyard missions don't give gold in 7.0, it's been replaced with other items (commonly oil or apexis crystals).
    Thank you. That's all I needed to know

I only recently discovered the ship part to enable heirloom ring missions, so i've only gotten one of those and therefore will still be doing shipyard... it's right there next to the other thing, so it's not a hassle. And that toon would be at least 5th or 6th fiddle with Legion anyways, so no big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    For one thing, I haven’t been constantly playing for the entire WoD lifespan. Came in late (few months after launch), quit before shipyard implementation, and took another break after messing with shipyards for a month, and just resubbed within the last couple of weeks. So, I’m not rolling in millions of gold.

I’m not complaining that I haven’t made the gold. I just want to see if there is any gold making to be had from these things during legion. After all, we have sunk a huge amount of time into setting these up. And if they just generate a fraction of gold for a few minutes of work I want to find out.
    Gold making from garrisons will I suspect be via professions.
    Materials from the trading post, or crafting.
    So a yet to be determined demand for armor, weapons, or bags (a popular suggestion) will dictate that.
    So we cannot answer with certainty yet, nor will the long-term demand be known for a while.

Some initial demand for some players for the weapons and armor, to fill in the earlier stage appearances for transmog.
    But long-term I can't say how popular those will be compared to other appearances, as that is very subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this. 1000x over. If you haven't made your millions already, you're out of luck

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You forget... more than half of the WoD players gave a LOT less than half a shit... in fact we didn't give a shit at all and left the game to those that gave half a shit.

Now, some of us are back (me 3 months, some less) and they are still wanting to make profit for the expansion. Because, you see... now YOU don't give a shit... but we are giving at least a half a shit.
    well you sorta missed the boat there bud. You had your opportunity for almost 2 years. Don't come back in the final 3 months and start giving a shit now, cause you're beat.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the Pre Patch, the Shipyard is essentially useless. The only uses from it now are for people missing the Heirlooms, the Riverbeast mount, Achievements and the Legendary Quest.

Also might as well mention BoA Baleful Tokens and Sorcerous Mats, but all those are garbage.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post

Best gold is through making bags... use the extra garrison resources a a trading post to get fur and flytrap (if you are a tailor) or just fur to sell to other tailors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    this. 1000x over. If you haven't made your millions already, you're out of luck

- - - Updated - - -

well you sorta missed the boat there bud. You had your opportunity for almost 2 years. Don't come back in the final 3 months and start giving a shit now, cause you're beat.
    Nope.. I saved $180 and still managed to make 4 mill and have 21 level 100 alts. Just cause you are done, doesn't mean others are. BTW.. enjoy your new garrison table in Legion... mwa ha ha ha!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best gold is through making bags... use the extra garrison resources a a trading post to get fur and flytrap (if you are a tailor) or just fur to sell to other tailors.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.. I saved $180 and still managed to make 4 mill and have 21 level 100 alts. Just cause you are done, doesn't mean others are. BTW.. enjoy your new garrison table in Legion... mwa ha ha ha!
    180$? who the hell pays for their subscription with real money?

People who have it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who have it.
    One minute you're "saving 180$", next minute you "have it". Let me let you in on a little insight. Those that "have it", like myself, wouldn't spend real money when they have fake money (aka gold), especially when you have "4 million". But by all means, continue being the walking, talking contradiction that you are. It's amusing if nothing else

I payed with gold when I was unemployed from moving to another state, since I found a job in my field again the monthly sub is nearly nothing. Rather spend the gold from garrisons on in game things.

Glad to be of assistance... I aim to please.

I have some serious real life money because I don't waste it... nor do I waste the time to grind gold to buy tokens to continue grinding a game I don't "play".

My time is worth more than money.. so wasting money playing a game that is not fun is bad... wasting time not enjoying it for tokens to do it more? Idiotic.

But you keep on being the solid example of how to grind tokens in a game you vomit at the sound of playing... because that makes so much more sense than saving $180 and not grinding yourself into a nauseous state.

Meantime... the difference is... some of us can still play the game a little now preparing for an expansion and not feel grossed out about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    So you spend oil to gain.... wait for it.... more oil? LOL

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to be of assistance... I aim to please.

I have some serious real life money because I don't waste it... nor do I waste the time to grind gold to buy tokens to continue grinding a game I don't "play".

My time is worth more than money.. so wasting money playing a game that is not fun is bad... wasting time not enjoying it for tokens to do it more? Idiotic.

But you keep on being the solid example of how to grind tokens in a game you vomit at the sound of playing... because that makes so much more sense than saving $180 and not grinding yourself into a nauseous state.

Meantime... the difference is... some of us can still play the game a little now preparing for an expansion and not feel grossed out about it.
    you have money because you don't waste it, yet you pay with it instead of the fake money that you passively generate by logging in for 5 minutes a day. As I said, a walking, talking contradiction.

As far as grinding, what am I grinding? I log in, right click about 10 times, log off, and repeat. I stopped "grinding" about 7 months ago. It's called making proper use of your time. Another note, I make over 2 tokens a week, by spending 5-6 minutes a day, and then about 20 on Sundays. It's not difficult in the least, and I do it while I have coffee. But, whatever works for you, Mr. "I don't waste it, I have it, but i saved 180$ because apparently thats alot of money or something". I spend that on sushi once a week. GG though big guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I payed with gold when I was unemployed from moving to another state, since I found a job in my field again the monthly sub is nearly nothing. Rather spend the gold from garrisons on in game things.
    If you're not making massive amounts of gold, nothing wrong with that. But if you have 4 million gold+, which the other guy said he has, it makes very little sense to spend real money when a token is 1% of his fortune, and easily recouped with 21 toons