Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Why? If you don't need the reserved items yourself, why wouldn't you join that pug?
    Because it is the right thing to not do.

Exactly. No more "we only have 14 people, Billy wants to bring a couple friends, they know how to play, that cool?" The answer will now be "no".
    Exactly this. On normal or heroic I will cease to invite past the point where it is a guild lootable run. And I have the tendancy to pug in people often as a recruitment tool.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you plan for people leave their guilds and join yours just to do the PUG, then? I mean, that seems really unlikely.
    Where in the world did you get that? And it's simple logic, they wont make a mount PL. Or maybe they will, who knows? But as far as selling the mounts, in the event that there's a guaranteed drop, then yes, they will absolutely have to join my guild to purchase it, in the event that this madness continues
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Aww, I haven't played for one year and a half, but didn't they introduce a system at one point where everything you need at in group loot gets automatically bound to you?
    Only for boes and you could still trade those to ppl that could have looted it. On top of that if you did trade it then it reverted back to boe. Which is part of the reason raid drop boes are always personal and skips rolling or master looter.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Because it is the right thing to not do.
    Fair enough. I don't have the same moral objection to it, myself. But fair enough.

@azkail: If the raid is on personal loot, how would you even distribute a master loot drop? I guess they could add UI for that too. But occam's razor, mounts will likely be personal loot too.

Wonder how long people start getting vote kicked from LFR for not trading the drops they don't need. Personally i would only trade a drop to a guildie if i didn't need it, otherwise i will vendor it.

I can see it now, people opening trade with you if you got an item they need and you don't, not even whispering you to ask for it they just open trade.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Get in raid groups where the average age is over 17 and you will see less of this.
    I actually raid with a guild, so I never see it. However, you can't decide who to get grouped with when using the LFD or LFR tools, and I really like personal loot in those settings.

Besides, going by statistics regarding age of players, it's pretty safe to bet that there's plenty of ninjaing and griefing going on just fine at the hands of people well over the age of 17. It's not as if an asshole suddenly stops being an asshole when they cross a certain age threshhold.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-07-19 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    That's not how personal loot works. A 0-loot boss isn't rare, it's impossible.
    You are patently incorrect, as I have witnessed it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Wonder how long people start getting vote kicked from LFR for not trading the drops they don't need. Personally i would only trade a drop to a guildie if i didn't need it, otherwise i will vendor it.

I can see it now, people opening trade with you if you got an item they need and you don't, not even whispering you to ask for it they just open trade.
    That's a huge jerk move, vendoring an item that someone else could use.

I agree that I wouldn't respond to someone opening a trade window without going to the trouble of /w "Hey man, I can use that bracer and you can't, can I grab it off you?"

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    What needs to be in place is if you use LFG tool to get members for your group you are automatically banned from master loot regardless if you have 75% guild group. to be allowed to master loot you should NOT be allowed to use the grouping tools period it should be that you create your group totally without its aide.
    you are just sounding like one of the down with raid guilds white knights on the forums. hobble any tool that they can use to be more successful even if it helps those who refuse to join good guilds because of "reasons".

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    That's not how personal loot works. A 0-loot boss isn't rare, it's impossible.
    That is flat out wrong. If you have people that aren't eligible for loot in the group and the game would have awarded them loot then that ends up being an empty drop. I have seen zero loot or 1 loot drops in 20 plus size raids plenty of times.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

what's the difference between the "group loot" and "Free for all" options?

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Looking at the overall picture, I see more pros than cons. What weights heavies imo is the fact that it makes it harder to sell boosts, and make the gear go out to the people who rightfully earned it- and not to the ones that paid the most G/rl currency.
    this makes less than no sense. if the group is selling a carry the majority of the group has already decided who is getting what.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    what's the difference between the "group loot" and "Free for all" options?
    grp loot requires every1 to roll either need, greed, de or pass the item be4 its distributed

where as with free for all the 1st person to loot the corpse gets to loot every item on it

That's a huge jerk move, vendoring an item that someone else could use.

I agree that I wouldn't respond to someone opening a trade window without going to the trouble of /w "Hey man, I can use that bracer and you can't, can I grab it off you?"
    It's not a huge jerk move, i run LFR for VP, gold, the tank bags and vendoring the drops to make gold or DE them.

It would only ever be a huge jerk move if it was a guild group or a group of friends, but if there was one of them with me in LFR then yeah i would offer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That is flat out wrong. If you have people that aren't eligible for loot in the group and the game would have awarded them loot then that ends up being an empty drop. I have seen zero loot or 1 loot drops in 20 plus size raids plenty of times.
    People not being eligible for loot (due to being saved to the boss already) is a different situation, I was talking about actual standard raids of people not saved to a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It's not a huge jerk move, i run LFR for VP, gold, the tank bags and vendoring the drops to make gold or DE them.
    If you could get significant money from vendoring, I would agree. But you're talking about making 20g versus giving someone an actual upgrade.

Yeah, my initial reaction was "great! will stop the jerks and ninjitsu!", but when you think about it, this removes all incentives for people to bring randos to pugs. Most of the incentive was removed by flexible scaling (so you don't want to bring carries as they actually hurt you) and this removes whatever remained
    Maybe this will actually help with the social aspect of the game... you know don't bring "randos"... and build a friends list again of competent people.

Oh snap.. people might actually like one another and even start those group things.. you know where you all hang out in your own chat.. crap.. what was that thing called?

Guilds.. yeah that's it. Where people who like you run with you and they WANT you to have that piece of gear you try to "reserve" from "randos".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Where in the world did you get that? And it's simple logic, they wont make a mount PL. Or maybe they will, who knows? But as far as selling the mounts, in the event that there's a guaranteed drop, then yes, they will absolutely have to join my guild to purchase it, in the event that this madness continues
    for them to be abel to get the mount you just run with all guild group and 1pug (the buyer) and when is killed the lootmaster simply gives the mount the the buyer, they dont need to join your guild to be able to get the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you could get significant money from vendoring, I would agree. But you're talking about making 20g versus giving someone an actual upgrade.
    20g is more important to me that someone getting an upgrade. If I have a choice between receiving a benefit and receiving nothing but being 'nice', I'll always choose the former. It's why I don't donate to charity, volunteer, give change to homeless, etc.

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference