Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Knight at the Movies ramble they kept saying they ended up liking it but they aren't selling me on it.

None of the characters are believable.

One of the characters is unbearable.

The jokes were hit or miss, almost completely miss for 2 out of the 4 main characters.

The only thing I'm getting from them is that it wasn't as terrible as they thought it would be, and the only reason they thought it was going to be horrible is because Fieg convinced them it was going to be feminist propaganda.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The Knight at the Movies ramble they kept saying they ended up liking it but they aren't selling me on it.

None of the characters are believable.

One of the characters is unbearable.

The jokes were hit or miss, almost completely miss for 2 out of the 4 main characters.

The only thing I'm getting from them is that it wasn't as terrible as they thought it would be, and the only reason they thought it was going to be horrible is because Fieg convinced them it was going to be feminist propaganda.
    That's cool. I got the same jist.

What I took away is that this is just a mediocre film. The entire fiasco that ensued is mostly because of Feig's horrid reaction to criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I agree. I blame Feig and this campaign to shit on the fans instead of just admitting they made a shit trailer.

Anyone remember Warcraft's shitty trailer? How much worse would they have done if they decided to just shit on the fanbase instead of just admitting the trailer was garbage?
    Fixed for you. That is literally the only difference. Anyone who thinks Ghostbusters would not be able to make a viral campaign is flat out wrong. This could have been huge.

But they framed it as a "girl powah" kinda thing and chose the absolute worst footage to show to people.
    The movie is probably pretty fucking terrible, but I won't confirm or deny until I've seen it. My thing is that trying to use Deadpool as a metric standard doesn't work, because Deadpool is an outlier when it comes to movies that actually manage to climb out of development hell and into theaters. It is not the common standard of movies released after long periods of stagnation in development. And anyway, Deadpool had one significant undeniable advantage that makes the comparison moot: Ryan Reynolds, and the fans united desire to see him as Deadpool.

From the very moment Deadpool showed up in Wolverine, terrible as that was, to Deadpool's eventual release, Ryan Reynolds was intimately involved, and fan support was always unwavering in its desire to see him. Ghostbusters is operating on what: a leaked script from 1999? A possible Bill Murray cameo? For fuck's sake, one of the original Ghostbuster's died. And the original director pulled out at practically the last minute because of that.

And throughout all of those issues, it had nowhere near the level of fan support and excitement Deadpool maintained throughout its entire development. The iron was red hot when Deadpool was struck. The stars were completely aligned. That movie is in no way indicative of the trend of movies that release after a decade or more of Hollywood bullshit.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I hate that little fagman
    I lol'd IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Souless cashgrab remake.
    Trailer was awful because the film was awful and awkward, not to mention unfunny.
    Turns into action bull at the end for some reason as well.

Missed the point and betrayed the spirit of the original.
    That said I don't get the sexism angle that people were debating before - you can't replace Murray and co so why bother? At least they tried to put a fresh spin on it. Too bad it fell flat on its face.

Divided fanbase was never going to accept this atrocity.
    Sony you clowns...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and for a film supposedly fighting sterotypes why is every. single. character a cardboard cutout stereotype?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You don't think the Ghostbusters fandom could have built the hypetrain for this movie if Feig and co hadn't spent every waking minute after the first trailer bombed calling them petulant man-babies?

- - - Updated - - -

And yet it was the Marvel fans that built the hypetrain that catapulted Deadpool to among the top comic book movie releases ever. The Ghostbusters fandom could have done something similar for this movie, except Paul Fieg took every opportunity available to insult and degrade them.
    im not saying hype couldnt have been formed, im just saying like king candy, it was always a uphill battle.

and it wasnt one of the biggest ever (unless you mean pure profit wise, which, antman is in the same boat due to their low budgets) it was the biggest r rated movie though
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I went to the movie hoping for something that was unique from the original while still retaining the Ghostbusters feel, and I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed the movie, and I was absolutely tickled to see the original cast appear in small roles (although disappointed to not see Egan only to learn he passed away two years ago). I know my opinion is probably the minority here, and that's okay.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im not saying hype couldnt have been formed, im just saying like king candy, it was always a uphill battle.

and it wasnt one of the biggest ever (unless you mean pure profit wise, which, antman is in the same boat due to their low budgets) it was the biggest r rated movie though
    It's in the top 10 superhero movies. Number 9 is pretty fucking high.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I went to the movie hoping for something that was unique from the original while still retaining the Ghostbusters feel, and I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed the movie, and I was absolutely tickled to see the original cast appear in small roles (although disappointed to not see Egan only to learn he passed away two years ago). I know my opinion is probably the minority here, and that's okay.
    Curious to know: have you seen / did you enjoy Pixels?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Yes, I've seen it, and it was an okay movie, but not great.

Deleted
    Just got back from seeing it.

Question to Americans, i've heard Kate McKinnon is on SNL, does she always overact to the point of parody, or was that unique to this film?

Either way, she's the worst thing about this film.

Other than that, pretty average all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

Question to Americans, i've heard Kate McKinnon is on SNL, does she always overact to the point of parody, or was that unique to this film?

I agree. She could've dialed back the acting quite a bit and still gotten the point across that her character is quirky.

That's cool. I got the same jist.

What I took away is that this is just a mediocre film. The entire fiasco that ensued is mostly because of Feig's horrid reaction to criticism.
    or the fact that every comment section has multiple people making sexist comments.

are some people being actually critical of the movie? yes. but a great deal of people are making sexist and racist comments.

this movie wouldnt get half the hate it is if it wasnt all women, just like how the iron man thread about riri has a shit ton of pages but not a single thread about doctor doom being iron man. because ones a black woman and ones a white guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

thats just how she is, if you watch interviews or talk to her in person she acts the same way. not sure why you didnt like her though, most of the internet thinks shes the best part
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

this movie wouldnt get half the hate it is if it wasnt all women, just like how the iron man thread about riri has a shit ton of pages but not a single thread about doctor doom being iron man. because ones a black woman and ones a white guy
    Or because there is no hype over Doctor Doom becoming Ironman so most don't even know about it. Go google "New Ironman" and see what pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    That is a strange question to ask. What is it trying to uncover?

didnt realize it got 60 more. last figure i had seen was 300

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Or because there is no hype over Doctor Doom becoming Ironman so most don't even know about it. Go google "New Ironman" and see what pops up.
    theres way more hype from comic fans over doom. doom is largely considered to be one of the best characters marvels ever made. but, everytime stuff like this happens people try to push an anti diversity agenda despite not even being a comic book reader. id be willing to bet a large portion of sexist fans and people claiming it was ruining their childhood werent even fans of ghostbusters in the first place

theres way more hype from comic fans over doom. doom is largely considered to be one of the best characters marvels ever made. but, everytime stuff like this happens people try to push an anti diversity agenda despite not even being a comic book reader. id be willing to bet a large portion of sexist fans and people claiming it was ruining their childhood werent even fans of ghostbusters in the first place
    I don't know, the only person that seems to be bringing up sexism is you. This is just like before with "SJWs" where you were the one both constantly talking about it and complaining about it being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know, the only person that seems to be bringing up sexism is you. This is just like before with "SJWs" where you were the one both constantly talking about it and complaining about it being mentioned.
    or you could go on the actual internet and see the shit people are saying. one of my friends got so much hate from people on the twitter, most werent even following her just looking for girls to bitch at for saying she liked the movie.

she got so pissed she changed her name to female ghostbuster.

Again, I state: No sexism talk in this thread. So far it has produced zero actual conversation, and only served to derail. People are also using it attack others which also doesn't add to the conversation at all. Just talk about the movie people, it shouldn't be hard. If you don't like it, that is fine. If you do like, that is fine. Just talk about it in a reasonable and respectful manner.

or the fact that every comment section has multiple people making sexist comments.

are some people being actually critical of the movie? yes. but a great deal of people are making sexist and racist comments.

You and I are seeing very different things. I see a lot of people saying this movie shouldn't have been made, didn't need to be made, and these particular actresses are a poor choice etc.. Most of complaints about SJW and feminism in the movie are a direct result of the cast and director being assholes and making false claims that anyone not interested in the movie is sexist man baby etc..

I will quote a post I saw on another sight that sums it all up pretty good when it comes to BS accusations.
    "So many people have said it’s because the movie was unfunny judging by the trailers and still say it’s unfunny after having seen it. They think the effects are bad, the villain is bad, the jokes are lowest common denominator and a lot characters are nothing but stereotypes They also think it disrespects a classic, beloved phenomenon of a movie, a movie that should never have been rebooted. There was also the insults from the director and his general view on men as a whole that inevitably cause some backlash towards both him and his movies. The movie also seems to depict men in a negative way which is bound to irk men as much as women being depicted negatively irks women.
    All of these are points that have been made by a lot of people, don’t act like they haven’t. Sure there are extremes on both sides of the coin, some people do just hate the female cast, some people do just act like God himself made the movie because it stars women. These people are either loony or trolling, and don’t need to be taken seriously."