Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Apparently there's a lot of Slovenian-Americans in Cleveland. Melania has some supporters in the city, lol.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    What's adorable is people like you thinking this is a big deal, let alone newsworthy.

Must.....attack....evil.....right wingers....
    We don't think it's a big deal. But it's certainly amusing.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    Who is outraged? I find this all quite hilarious. Keep on hating!

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you aren't comprehending.
    "So you fanboys applaud when it's said by Barry's wife, but detest those similar words when spoken by the future first lady?

Color me shocked."

So you're accusing hypocrisy here. The only 2 ways this can be hypocritical is if
    A) Michelle plagarized her speech.
    B) People were making fun of the content.

If you're not saying that, you're clearly been punched in the head a few times and forgotten how to communicate. Maybe you should start plagiarizing too, at least people will understand what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Sure. And you keep pretending that Benghazi is more than it is. Have fun.
    Only thing I ever said about it, was the truth, facts, shit you can't dispute. The only rebuttal I got was, well BUSH, blah blah blah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Clinton was investigated by the FBI.
    The head of which is George W. Bush's former attorney general, who was a registered Republican most of his life and who donated to John McCain and Mitt Romney during their campaigns.

And that's for the emails. Benghazi was a congressional investigation headed up by Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Ahh I miss the days when the GOP was just plagiarizing Pokemon.
    Damn that's mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    She still copied.
    We are all aware that its extremely unlikely "she" copied and very likely "her speech writers copied" if that's what happened, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I didn't ignore your post. I responded to it. Using the words "the world as we know it" and "the world as it is" isn't uncommon verbiage. Now if she had said “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” THAT would be plagiarism, because she would have apparently lifted the entire sentence, including structure and order from Alinsky.

Melania's speech, on the other hand lifted whole segments of Michelle Obama's speech near verbatim. These are not comparable.

The rest of you "Hillary does it too" bits seem to be her taking similar talking points to other people, again not ripping off whole sections of speeches verbatim.
    So trying to find where you draw the line. Where do these fall that you have not mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqutz5ASDSA
    "Peace is a lie"

mental health disorders run rampant thru our world, and being a liberal makes you that more likely to have a mental health disorder that causes things like cognitive bias and mental dissonance. no one should be surprised that the left is going apeshit over this perceived plagiarisms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    So trying to find where you draw the line. Where do these fall that you have not mentioned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M6x1H08aFc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqutz5ASDSA
    I'm not watching Youtube right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    mental health disorders run rampant thru our world, and being a liberal makes you that more likely to have a mental health disorder that causes things like cognitive bias and mental dissonance. no one should be surprised that the left is going apeshit over this perceived plagiarisms.
    "I disagree with you, so you're all mentally ill."

Great argument, there.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Only thing I ever said about it, was the truth, facts, shit you can't dispute. The only rebuttal I got was, well BUSH, blah blah blah
    You said this plagiarism is just hear to distract us, so I brought up the ultimate political distraction. Sorry if you missed the subtly there. Truth...laughable, man. Thanks for the chuckle.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to lift your knuckles off the ground. While you are at it, wipe up the spittle on your chin.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I'm not watching Youtube right now.

- - - Updated - - -
    Nice dodge! Have fun with your hypocritical argument and attack the woman. You are trying to draw a line between Michelle and Melania that looks like a Congressional district, and you dodge 3 pure examples of copy and pasting so that you don't have to speak to them

I personally don't liek any of these people, but I can't stand the obvious partisan hypocrisy
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice dodge! Have fun with your hypocritical argument and attack the woman. You are trying to draw a line between Michelle and Melania that looks like a Congressional district, and you dodge 3 pure examples of copy and pasting so that you don't have to speak to them

I personally don't liek any of these people, but I can't stand the obvious partisan hypocrisy
    It's not a dodge. I'm just not in a position to be doing YouTube stuff right now. Maybe you can tell me what the words in question are?

And "You are trying to draw a line between Michelle and Melania that looks like a Congressional district?" You really think that it's AT ALL a stretch to say these two speeches are damn near the same thing in those sections? Can you find examples of Clinton lifting entire sections of a speech like that instead of a simple talking point?

What everyone needs to consider is this: One of the speech writers deliberately tried to fuck over T-Rump. His own employee. Chew on that awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a dodge. I'm just not in a position to be doing YouTube stuff right now. Maybe you can tell me what the words in question are?

And "You are trying to draw a line between Michelle and Melania that looks like a Congressional district?" You really think that it's AT ALL a stretch to say these two speeches are damn near the same thing in those sections? Can you find examples of Clinton lifting entire sections of a speech like that instead of a simple talking point?
    There is no line to draw. Melania copy/pasted a whole fucking paragraph. LOL. Man the Trump campaign is so bush league. Embarrassing really on how low level they are, amateurish .
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    mental health disorders run rampant thru our world, and being an extremist makes you that more likely to have a mental health disorder that causes things like cognitive bias and mental dissonance. no one should be surprised that the extreme is going apeshit over this perceived plagiarisms.
    Fixed that for you.

Unless you'd like to try to explain to me how the extreme right is not full of people with mental health disorders? You know, the ones who actually think the government is beaming thoughts directly into our heads? Or shooting up abortion clinics? Or the Westboro Baptist Church?

This level of tribalism...where you view people who hold different views than you as mentally ill is what is enabling some of the worst behavior we've seen in politics today, including violence.

Bro, relax. He's probably at work right now or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I dunno...like I said earlier, all these speeches sound the same. Talk about generic "values", relate to the values of the audience, throw in a sprinkle of "the children" and voila.

Didn't Romney have basically the same carbon copy speech in 2012?
    Did he use the same phrases in the same order?

It didn't have "similar cliches", it was a word-for-word rip off. Obviously she didn't write the speech, but whoever did copied Michelle Obama's speech verbatim, at least in several sections.

Clearly not a coincidence.

If her opening line had been "Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." Would you try and claim she wasn't ripping off Lincoln's famous speech?

Gaming communities have got to be full of the most ignorant people when it comes to topics of world affairs, politics and so on. Proof that people should have to pass an IQ test to vote.

Go home op, you're drunk.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-19 at 05:02 PM.

Who is outraged? I find this all quite hilarious. Keep on hating!

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you aren't comprehending.
    Oh, I ca definitely see your butt hurt rising top the surface. Trump's campaign looks utterly foolish... again, and you are backing that clown.

Yeah I don't know, don't they usually? I dunno, I just feel like I've heard this speech a million times. Hard for me to get upset about this version.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **