Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    As if she actually wrote it herself!
    If you take credit when people like it, you take credit when people find out you've stolen for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    We are all aware that its extremely unlikely "she" copied and very likely "her speech writers copied" if that's what happened, right?
    She said she wrote almost all of the speech. Either she was lying then, or she copied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Don't they usually? I dunno, I just feel like I've heard this speech a million times. Hard for me to get upset about this version.
    Well the idea and message is cliche as hell but how it was presented is what's being questioned. Some parts were word-for-word copy/paste with just enough changes to try and go undetected. Whoever wrote her speech dropped the ball hard, but this isn't going to change anything for his campaign cause really it's just a pointless first lady speech. Just shows another incompetency in the staffers Trump hired.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    She copied Michelle Obama's speech nearly word for word, and if it were a book she'd have been nailed (and Trump would lose) a plagiarism lawsuit. "Butthurt" btw isn't really appropriate to off the bat to use to describe as people who you disagree with, and it makes you lose credibility from the start especially in an argument where Melania was clearly and completely in the wrong, whether she wants to admit it or not.

And Trump blaming Clinton afterwards for Melania copying Michelle's speech is laughable. Even non-partisan people lol'd at that. The fact that he attacks people even when clearly wrong, and even on minor topics, has been a pattern of behavior that is pretty disturbing.

Overall the speech copying isn't a *huge* deal at all. It's more embarrassing for her and Trump, since it raises questions about how disorganized the campaign is behind the scenes for this to happen, or worse yet it raises questions about intelligence if she has to copy the most important speech of her life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yeah I don't know, don't they usually? I dunno, I just feel like I've heard this speech a million times. Hard for me to get upset about this version.
    Hehe well played

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    As if she actually wrote it herself!
    Well that's what she said. I assume that the speech writers for Trump's campaign wouldn't just copy another speech if they were competent.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    There are definitely similarities. But as I indicated, a lot of speeches have these same cliches.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cns62ktWcAA6ELp.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cns62ktXYAA7iUI.jpg

They arent close enough for it to be prima facie evidence since these are common cliches in political speeches

Moreover it is only part of a speech. I bring that up because Biden provably copied an entire speech: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ck-speech.html

Also this, amusing imo https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnsnL5RXEAECCKL.jpg
    News flash, they don't write their own speeches. It's always some un-named guy or gal writing the speeches. If something worked in the past, they hope that no one remembers it and uses it.

Also, I bet Melania didn't even read it until like 20 min before going on stage. Not sticking up for her, but if she did read it before going on stage, I don't think she realized it was a part of a speech that was aired before. Too busy living the high life to listen to speeches made like 8 years ago....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    News flash, they don't write their own speeches. It's always some un-named guy or gal writing the speeches. If something worked in the past, they hope that no one remembers it and uses it.

Also, I bet Melania didn't even read it until like 20 min before going on stage. Not sticking up for her, but if she did read it before going on stage, I don't think she realized it was a part of a speech that was aired before. Too busy living the high life to listen to speeches made like 8 years ago....
    The problem is that Melania stated that she wrote the thing herself with minimal support/input. So she created a situation where either she's lying about writing it or she's lying about plagarizing it. Either way it was a goof up by the campaign. But one with very little consequence so not likely to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Difference between using cliches and straight ripping off another speech, even in scattered pieces. How immature, they did it so we can to! Clown fiesta continues
    Immature? fuck you, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. don't like it?, now you know how it feels. both sides are train wrecks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Exactly. It's a source of laughter and amusement. Something to shake your head at and chuckle. Not sure why people would spend so much time defending it instead of just saying, "Yeah, it was plagiarized. Someone in the campaign fucked up." And move on. This is a 1-2 day new event at best with very little bearing on the actual campaign, except inasmuch as it adds up with all the other incompetence in the Trump campaign to paint a picture of bad management.
    It's like if they lose this completely random discussion on the internet that every regular person is making light of. They lost the election or worse.

Find those extremes rather hilarious "if my candidate doesn't win it's all over!" as if they are all going to die or see their life change drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The problem is that Melania stated that she wrote the thing herself with minimal support/input. So she created a situation where either she's lying about writing it or she's lying about plagarizing it. Either way it was a goof up by the campaign. But one with very little consequence so not likely to stick.
    Goof up? No. This is just part for the course, it's just the type of thing you'd expect, unless you're part of the loud and vocal minority that supports Trump. Certainly not the worse thing we've seen from the campaign by a long shot, though.

Also cute how the OP uses Trump style bullying/PR tactics right in the thread title. Nonono OP, people aren't "butthurt" you petulant child they just aren't insane and/or ignorant and the speech does not contain "similar cliches" it contains several long sections that are a word for word rip off.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-19 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Goof up? No. It's just the type of thing you'd expect, unless you're part of the loud and vocal minority that supports Trump.
    Honestly I wouldn't expect it at this point. Look, I don't like Trump but I don't think for a second the guy is stupid. He has a team of people working on his campaign and writing his speeches. I'm sure all of the speeches for the convention were reviewed by at least one person, probably more.

It's surprising that something like this made it through. What I'd say is expected is the reaction by the campaign. Trump just doesn't do the whole "Yeah, we goofed up, our bad, sorry" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Agreed. The sad part is, no speech seems 100% real anymore. People keep plagiarizing from older speeches. It takes thought and heart to write a speech. The majority of these politicians don't have either.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's like if they lose this completely random discussion on the internet that every regular person is making light of. They lost the election or worse.
    Trump supporters act like this every time their fuhrer is criticized, you see it in discussions all over the internet. It's because they think and act like Trump and they're just jumping on the chance to rage from their bully pulpit, and because they admire Trump for being so rich/famous and so on, they think he gives them legitimacy when they act like children throwing shit at the walls.

In reality Trump is playing them for fools and he has no chance of even carrying the white vote in the general.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-19 at 05:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Nah i'm not backing Trump. I don't vote for the lesser of two dumpster fires.

I'll just leave this right here....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rack-michelle/

- - - Updated - - -

"Both A and B"?

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER! JOHNNY TELL HIM WHAT HE'S WON!

Is it really this hard for you?
    We got to the judges.... aaaand BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ WRONG.

Despite the fact that you denied it earlier, and you're still deflecting.

Can't accept responsibility for your actions. Par for the course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. The sad part is, no speech seems 100% real anymore. People keep plagiarizing from older speeches. It takes thought and heart to write a speech. The majority of these politicians don't have either.
    Well it makes sense to copy ideas and themes from speeches. Such as how you were raised and the values you try to impart on your children and such.

But for christ's sake don't copy whole sentences!

It's the same thing as when people copy/paste in college papers...did you REALLY think you wouldn't get caught? Just take the same ideas and conclusions an rework them into at least an original phrasing.

those cheeky people being butthurt, I hate em

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Thank you. I needed a good laugh.

Further deflection, now it's I LAUGH.

Can't admit you're wrong.

Actions of a sociopath, like Trump.

We're done, psycho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the actual reason why oratory is something of a lost art in politics is because voters don't like to be made to feel stupid from eloquent speeches.

And this plagiarism simply confirms that immigrants are coming over to steal things, like our speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'd say the actual reason why oratory is something of a lost art in politics is because voters don't like to be made to feel stupid from eloquent speeches.

And this plagiarism simply confirms that immigrants are coming over to steal things, like our speeches.
    how dare you use big words towards me! speak english!