Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    All I hear is "Yes but it's normal, the army is doing it's job". Again, I ask you. If anything like this in America or Europe happened, the shit would be way worse. What makes this any different exactly? And please don't come with the drivel "that won't happen lol"
    That's why you don't see military actions on the streets in the first place, unless it's national defense case and martial law is declared. Armed forces are a sledgehammer and every single military academy teaches like such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post

Turkey is going straight a head to civil war. If this weak army fails to make a coup and stop the civil war, Europe may expect some more refugees in severals years.
    How will Turkey go to civil war if the opposition couldn't even must a coup for more than 24 hours?

Seems a bit lopsided.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    How will Turkey go to civil war if the opposition couldn't even must a coup for more than 24 hours?

Seems a bit lopsided.
    The coup is not conducted by opposition, it was conducted by an Islamist cult within the army. Opposition is %35-50 of Turkey, depending on who wants to fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, Kuntantee, when are you going to leave the sinking ship?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

So now there are 15,000 education staff and 1,500 university deans fired too. Clearly they were all heavily involved in the coup too?

What's the pattern to all of these people getting fired/imprisoned everywhere? There's no way they could have actually investigated or filtered them properly in so little time. They've either been planning this for years or there's some very broad pattern they're using to sweep everyone.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So now there are 15,000 education staff and 1,500 university deans fired too. Clearly they were all heavily involved in the coup too?

What's the pattern to all of these people getting fired/imprisoned everywhere? There's no way they could have actually investigated or filtered them properly in so little time. They've either been planning this for years or there's some very broad pattern they're using to sweep everyone.
    Didn't support erdogan is the pattern I think

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Didn't support erdogan is the pattern I think
    LoL is he genuinely just going to arrest/imprison everyone that didn't vote for him in the last election then?
    Aren't these things meant to be anonymous?

15+ Year Old Account
    There has been some kind of a big explosion in Ankara. No real news about it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Erdogan is on his way becoming the next Assad/Hussein.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    All I hear is "Yes but it's normal, the army is doing it's job". Again, I ask you. If anything like this in America or Europe happened, the shit would be way worse. What makes this any different exactly? And please don't come with the drivel "that won't happen lol"
    Our army, staging a coup? So they'll make pew-pew sounds while the politicians pretend to be shot or something?

10+ Year Old Account

For fuck's sake. He's not even trying to pretend that this isn't about getting rid of your political foes, is he?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    For fuck's sake. He's not even trying to pretend that this isn't about getting rid of your political foes, is he?
    No. He's really not.

Paraphrasing all of his comments from today so far into one -

"I'm not using this as an opportunity to oppress people and arrest all my critics. Anyone who says otherwise is committing libel, and will be arrested!"

Add to that list 24 radio and tv station that have had their licenses revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What you guys should know is that in last 15 years, AKP themselves appointed the cemaat members to various positions in various institutions, and let them run the show. Cemaat then solely appointed their own members to pretty much every position in the country. AKP was warned perhaps a thousand times, however the warnings were ignored as their agendas and interests were compatible back then. It was known that this cancer has spread so far in the country.

This could be removing all the opposition or could be removing the far-spread cancer. It isn't clear at the moment. I can, however, speak for the suspensions in the ministry of education. Around 15K teachers and whatnot are now suspended, and all of them are cemaat members.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-07-19 at 04:01 PM.

What you guys should know is that in last 15 years, AKP themselves appointed the cemaat members to various positions in various institutions, and let them run the show. Cemaat then solely appointed their own members to pretty much every position in the country. AKP was warned perhaps a thousand times, however the warnings were ignored as their agendas and interests were compatible back then. It was known that this cancer has spread so far in the country.
    Mind me asking why the Cemaat is so bad and cancerous and why it needs to be purged so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So, Kuntantee, when are you going to leave the sinking ship?
    I don't really know. One thing for sure, this country isn't worth fighting over when half of the people are still voting for the very political entity that slowly killed us. I will probably leave as soon as things go violent, if things go that way obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind me asking why the Cemaat is so bad and cancerous and why it needs to be purged so badly?
    Because they are a hideous terrorist cult/organization that is trying to take the control of Turkey by taking the control of governmental institutions.

This might sound like a hollywood movie to you, I assure you it's not.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-07-19 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    What surprises me how Erdogan does not even bother to pretend to be reasonable and fair any more.

He allows his underlings to post photos of the arrested officers which clearly show that they were tortured by Erdogans security forces.

He starts a massive purge of people with absolutely no relation to the coup.

It is as I was afraid, the coup was Turkeys last chance to remain a westernised society.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Because they are a hideous terrorist cult/organization that is trying to take the control of Turkey by taking the control of governmental institutions.

This might sound like a hollywood movie to you, I assure you it's not.

Is Erdogan as bad as people say he is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Yes, he created a fake take over plot to use an excuse to take full control of the country and purge those he doesn't like. He doesn't even have the balls to do it like proper dictator. Hes still hiding behind the lie as I type this. Hes a dickless uneducated dictator, like Mussolini.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yes, he created a fake take over plot to use an excuse to take full control of the country and purge those he doesn't like. He doesn't even have the balls to do it like proper dictator. Hes still hiding behind the lie as I type this. Hes a dickless uneducated dictator, like Mussolini.
    Are you Turkish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Coming from a person who say that Greece cant cut defens spending becuse of Turkey.....