Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not sure what either side hopes to accomplish in this kind of absolute trollop. It's a whole lot of back-patting and "look at me!" garbage that achieves the opposite of the desired outcome, I wonder if anyone inside the circles knows that from either side? By posting this thread, you are affirming the votes of the people that were already voting with you, and at best staying neutral with those who are on the fence, while those entrenched in the opposite camp vehemently ignore it. You gain nothing.

People on the republican side say "never forget that Hillary is to blame for all the world's woes", and people on the democrat side say "all of those things are lies, overstatements and unimportant to the current argument". The people in the middle know that the truth doesn't lie anywhere near either camp, but somewhere in the middle, and are far more likely to view such postulations negatively toward whoever is saying them rather than toward the person they are being said about.

The people who are swing voters aren't interested in hyperbole, crass tactics and delusions of grandeur. If they were, they would already naturally fall on whichever side more appropriately suits their particular brand of crazy. The first politician to work this out will surely win in a landslide.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2016-07-19 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    You can't be serious. "Swiftboating" is now synonymous with an effective political smear campaign that isn't rooted in reality. It's famous for it.

Claiming that the Swiftboat Veterans for Truth were a group righteously telling their story is like suggesting that Dick Nixon wasn't corrupt, or that JFK was faithful to his wife.
    hey some people just choose which reality to follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The people who are swing voters aren't interested in hyperbole, crass tactics and delusions of grandeur.
    Are you sure about that?

The argument could just as easily be made that swing voters are unprincipled and myopic.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is disgusting beyond belief. Using the death of your own son to make a political point and endorse a presidential candidate. I wonder if she has been paid or if she was coheresed to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Are you sure about that?

The argument could just as easily be made that swing voters are unprincipled and myopic.
    Unprincipled is the derogatory way of saying open to avenues of discussion and negotiation; things that generally lead to a more cohesive government when they actually exist (become less and less so every day). Sticking to one's principles is fine when those principles don't cover the entirety of the human condition; if you are immovable on every aspect of governance and the opposition is too, that is a horrible recipe for good government - everyone says no for no's sake, nobody will ever move. We get stupid crap like filibustering failures to pass budgets and other such potentially catastrophic events as a result of the complete incapacity to negotiate away from one's own position.

That video that someone posted of Paul Ryan the other day is a great example of this widening gap; both sides see the other as "too far left/right to work with".

It isn't a downside that someone is able to hear information and change their point of view, or realise that despite their point of view, they need to give some ground and get some ground from the other side to get things happening at all. This is something that party faithful are almost entirely unable to do.

As for myopic, it seems more apt a description of non-voters than swing voters, not to mention rabid faithful party-liners who never give an inch for any reason. Seems definitionally short-sighted to me.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2016-07-19 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy cow. Just when I thought people couldn't get more removed from reality we have someone who thinks the Swiftboating tactics against Kerry were honest?

Like...really? Just how insulated do you have to be to not know the truth about what happened then?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The fact Democrats don't like to talk about it because it makes Hillary look bad is my issue, people don't want to they lied to use why the attacked happen and failed and preventing it when the please for help was ignored.
    What are you talking about?!?! its been investigated more then 9/11, what more CAN be said about it other then simply more political games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Unprincipled is the derogatory way of saying open to avenues of discussion and movement.
    Or unable to form a steady assessment of policy.

It isn't a downside that someone is able to hear information and change their point of view; something that party faithful are almost entirely unable to do.
    When they do so on the basis of highly suspect reasons, it becomes a detriment.

As for myopic, it seems more apt a description of non-voters than swing voters.
    Non voters aren't the people voting Republican and saying 'well, they were racist four years ago surely this time they won't be'.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    the Democrats do it too!
    Glad we can agree on something, nice of you to leave out the part of my quote that gives context so I returned the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    What are you talking about?!?! its been investigated more then 9/11, what more CAN be said about it other then simply more political games
    I'm not starting this argument all over again, believe what you want to believe I don't care

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this woman is shameful. She's using her dead son as an anti-Hillary 2016 propaganda piece. Seriously, Benghazi is a dead fucking issue. No one except the hard hard right give a shit about it anymore. It's been looked into a countless number of times. Im sure her son wouldn't want her parading his death around like this.

And I'm saying this as someone who's actually on the right now politically. They need to just drop the Benghazi shit.
    Last edited by Beet; 2016-07-19 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    That's really fucking classy of the RNC to bring a grieving mother on stage and blame Hillary Clinton for the death of her son. Just terrible.
    Well, it was her and Obama's fault for doing fuck all to try and help the people being attacked and killed. Especially when we had the resources and means to at least provide some sort of covering fire for them if not a full fledged rescue attempt.

But, of course, people on MMO-Champ won't give two fucks about it because they weren't the ones in need of help when help was being willingly denied. That and it makes their Lord and Savior, Obama, look bad.

Stay classy MMO-Champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Well, it was her and Obama's fault for doing fuck all to try and help the people being attacked and killed. Especially when we had the resources and means to at least provide some sort of covering fire for them if not a full fledged rescue attempt.
    Did we, though? Everything I've seen says backup couldn't have arrived in time.

My previous post on it, for reference:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41464303
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-07-19 at 06:24 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm not starting this argument all over again, believe what you want to believe I don't care
    its the facts, what 8 congressional hearings, internal reviews, scrutinized from every angle and its still going because of political games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Did we, though? Evedrything I've seen says backup couldn't have arrived in time.
    The military has a very, very strong policy of never sending troops into a combat situation where the reality on the ground is unclear. As a citizen who has been to dangerous areas, they actually remind you of this constantly. They tell you that if a situation arises, we should never expect the military to come because of that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or unable to form a steady assessment of policy.
    People who vote on policy are delusional.
    Opinion changes as power struggles do. If a candidate is expected to be met with blocks, they'd be smart to vote one expected to form alliances.

Unfortunately Politics are ugly and I hate them, but when it comes to the side of the mother grieving, you people criticizing her for what she's done is flatout fuckin ridiculous, classless, and heartless. Have a child and than come to these boards. Your mindset will be completely different. Ignorance is bliss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The military has a very, very strong policy of never sending troops into a combat situation where the reality on the ground is unclear. As a citizen who has been to dangerous areas, they actually remind you of this constantly. They tell you that if a situation arises, we should never expect the military to come because of that rule.
    That doesn't matter to the people who have already come to the conclusion that the military should have jumped in first thing (and built a time machine while they were at it to actually get there when it started) but were singlehandedly held back by Clinton.

Fact don't matter anymore about this issue. It's about the conclusion you have already made and working backwards. Any information to the contrary is false narrative that needs to be investigated until discredited.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    its the facts, what 8 congressional hearings, internal reviews, scrutinized from every angle and its still going because of political games.
    We're not even arguing that point, reading comprehension fail on your part, but keep on believing that's what you think I said

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Unfortunately Politics are ugly and I hate them, but when it comes to the side of the mother grieving, you people criticizing her for what she's done is flatout fuckin ridiculous, classless, and heartless. Have a child and than come to these boards. Your mindset will be completely different. Ignorance is bliss.
    she's the ridiculous classless one, "I blame Hillary" because .....it sounds good and i'm a republican.