Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Valid complaints? sure you did. other than typing /yawn you had no valid complaints. Im referring to the fact that you seem to "hate" these kinds of threads yet shitpost in everyone. Pathetic.
    I was quoting someone else who did yawn, scroll up and then untwist your panties, so confrontational, such a shame.

It's a pointless change that just adds anothe irritation to the pile that's accumulated for Legion. It's right up here with needing a crafted reagent to change talents, but not specs, or needing a rested area to do so freely. That said, we've known about this for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ^ And this is why sometimes I hate this forum. You give Blizzard a constructive criticism and all some users can respond is "omg stop whining".
    This is fucking ridiculous.

This argument is pointless, let's just raise repair costs 5 times and you get a better gold sink.
    That could deter people who dont have 2934871293487234 gold from raiding/mythic dungeons/endgame. There are other more effective gold sinks. This is one of them. Just use your garrison bank tmog vendor if you dont want to keep going back to town.

15+ Year Old Account
    People always seem to praise blowzard for qol changes every expansion, but this seems like the first time they're taking them out. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    God dammit Blizz. /facepalm

Really? REALLY?! Why? What possible reason could there be to tie players to an NPC to do this?

EDIT: I guess this isn't a new change, and it's been in the beta for a bit. I don't have beta access(thanks for that, btw, Blizz), and this is the first I encountered it. My bad, apparently. Still, this is my reaction. Even though it's a relatively minor inconvenience, it's just one more on the pile of minor inconveniences.

Anyway, here's my post from page 3, that hopefully explains where I'm at:
    Yak mount works just as well as a NPC.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robgoblin View Post
    The change only affects the people that randomly toggled their helmet off and on while wearing the same mog/set, for rp Purposes its still there, just unequip your helmet, and for the purposes of whether or not having a helmet on or off makes or breaks your mog, its stil exactly the same.
    Wrong on this part. It affects people that never show the helm at all. Because now they're forced to show the thing if they get an upgrade while doing something away from the tmog vendor (or else just not bother equipping that shiny new upgrade until they get back to town).

I, personally, do not want to waste the majority of my gold on a yak mount for the sake of a convenience that I already had all along. Especially when it doesn't impact gameplay in a meaningful way.

What I can't understand is why they didn't leave in the global option to hide the helm, and just add in the "per item" option in the mog vendor.
    Last edited by Sylreick; 2016-07-19 at 04:27 PM.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why do you need to visit the appearance customisation NPC to customise your appearance? I can't imagine.
    because... and stay with me here... we didnt need to before?

this is one of those backwards changes that arent necessarily game breaking or make the game unplayable, but theyre completely and totally redundant(much like the "shadowdance no longer changes bars" thing which im still convinced is a well concealed code fuckup they've done) if it was in the game before, why spend money, time and human resources to remove it?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are to lazy to walk to a npc? And people actually wanna play vanilla again? But are to lazy to walk to 1 npc? Yeah, this is why vanilla will NEVER return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    So you are to lazy to walk to a npc? And people actually wanna play vanilla again? But are to lazy to walk to 1 npc? Yeah, this is why vanilla will NEVER return.
    Lawsuits are why vanilla will never return. Nostalrius was doing quite well
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Buy the yak mount and the problem is gone. It's not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    O my god, finally i see how evil is Blizzard, thank you for saving me and for showing me the truth about companies, they only care about money.... such a cruel world out there...

/s
    If you knew anything about what business schools teach now, and what companies do as S.O.P., you'd know that they only care about profits (pleasing shareholders every 3 months, and exec pay & bonuses). Customers, employees, and environmental concerns are always secondary if they're considered at all. It doesn't matter that Blizz is a game company, or if they make sneakers or refrigerators. To them it's just 'product' to be exploited for profit. It's obvious in everything Blizz does with WoW and all of their titles.

Grow up and get over your delusional fanboyism.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Another pointless bitching thread.. /yawn
    Yep... I agree

Do people not look at what they say after they've said it? People, seriously, take a look at what you're complaining about and realize, it's pretty sad and petty. On a technical point, it's tied into the new transmog system. So it kinda makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the people saying this is nothing to complain about, it is. It's a tiny issue yes but given the fact that we had the option to hide our helmet and cape from the UI menu for YEARS is the main reason why I'm complaining about this stupid change. Why couldn't they just add a "hide shoulders" check box with the others? Like, was that one additional option too much to be considered a UI option anymore that they had to make it an inconvenience to go back and forth to the transmogger everytime you want to show/hide something? It makes literally no sense to do this and that's what irritates the fuck out of me and Blizzard is always doing this shit to the game. They'll make dozens of new and cool changes and additions but they'll always be those one or two changes that make no fucking sense and have no reason behind them.

I don't know if it's because they think it'll add immersion or what but it's going to be a pain in the ass to hearth back and forth whenever I want to show/hide something knowing I used to be able to do it on the go. I mean for fucks sake how do they make a system like this transmog wardrobe thing that makes it super convenient to store all your saved gear and then additionally having it so it's account bound to making a stupid decision like this? You would think they had convenience on their mind so what is so convenient about this change? It just doesn't make any sense. It's like cleaning up your kitchen floor while wearing dirty shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Buy the yak mount and the problem is gone. It's not an issue.
    Oh yeah because everyone just has 120,000 gold on them.

And it is an issue no matter how small it is. If they took away flying I bet you'd complain about that but you know what? It wouldn't bother me. So for me it's not an issue but for you it is. So just because it's not an issue for you doesn't mean it's not an issue at all. Some people, like me, are really involved with making their character look the way they want and this makes it more inconvenient to do it. Like I said, the fact that we had the option to do this on the go before is probably what is pissing people, like me, off. They're taking a convenient option we've had for years and making it so we have to constantly use hearthstones to go to an NPC to show/hide our gear. The issue here is turning something that used to be convenient into an inconvenience for no reason.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-19 at 05:40 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    The hide helmet / cloak option has been in the interface since classic WoW, roughly 12 years ago. For 12 years it's been as simple as flicking the helmet/cloak on/off wherever you are for free.

Now however, to get similar utility I've had for free for 12 years, I have to either spend time waltzing over to an npc or spend 120k on one of the downright ugliest looking mounts in the game that I wouldn't want otherwise. This mount also does not give the same utlity as the current interface, as currently you can do it where ever you like, but mounts cannot be used indoors etc. so it's actually 120k gold for something that still would give me less utility than I currently have.

Oh also sure it's free to hide it, but to unhide it costs the money of the transmog, which means showing the helmet again would cost gold that I would previously not have had to spend.

It is a bizzare change on Blizzards part that really didn't need to happen and inconveniences people for no good reason.
    Last edited by mmocb22ba0bc6d; 2016-07-19 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    For the people saying this is nothing to complain about, it is. It's a tiny issue yes but given the fact that we had the option to hide our helmet and cape from the UI menu for YEARS is the main reason why I'm complaining about this stupid change. Why couldn't they just add a "hide shoulders" check box with the others? Like, was that one additional option too much to be considered a UI option anymore that they had to make it an inconvenience to go back and forth to the transmogger everytime you want to show/hide something? It makes literally no sense to do this and that's what irritates the fuck out of me and Blizzard is always doing this shit to the game. They'll make dozens of new and cool changes and additions but they'll always be those one or two changes that make no fucking sense and have no reason behind them.

I don't know if it's because they think it'll add immersion or what but it's going to be a pain in the ass to hearth back and forth whenever I want to show/hide something knowing I used to be able to do it on the go. I mean for fucks sake how do they make a system like this transmog wardrobe thing that makes it super convenient to store all your saved gear and then additionally having it so it's account bound to making a stupid decision like this? You would think they had convenience on their mind so what is so convenient about this change? It just doesn't make any sense. It's like cleaning up your kitchen floor while wearing dirty shoes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah because everyone just has 120,000 gold on them.
    Because this is the first time in YEARS where they've revamped and made a new system for transmog/appearances. It has to do with the new transmog system. Adapt, Its not all that difficult.

It's more like you have a PS4 in your living room with everything contained on a bookshelf next to it, yet for some reason you've always had a 2nd controller sitting on a bookshelf on the opposite side of the room. It's been there for a a long time because maybe you don't play many 2 player games. One day while rearranging everything, you move that controller to be with everything else related to the PS4. Is it a huge difference on your life to walk from one side of the room when you want to vs going to the same spot when you want to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Because this is the first time in YEARS where they've revamped and made a new system for transmog/appearances. It has to do with the new transmog system. Adapt, Its not all that difficult.
    All the revamps Blizzard has done to the game had a justifiable reason behind it. I may or may not have liked it but at least it made sense. What was the reason for making something like this into an inconvenience? Like, tell me why they felt the need to take such a convenient option and make it so you have talk to an NPC to do it. Also apparently if Vultahn up there is right it looks like you now have to even spend money to make something reappear. So now not only was a convenient option change to be an inconvenience but now you also have to pay for it when it was completely free. So with that said how does that make the game any more enjoyable? Again it's the fact that this change makes no sense that bothers me the most and has no reason behind it other than "why not?".

If they're going to make changes to the game shouldn't it be for convenience or making the game more enjoyable?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-19 at 05:53 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo89 View Post
    It doesn't cost anything to hide pieces, from what I remember on beta.

Personally, I think it's more of an attempt to unify the transmog system, rather than Blizzard trying to fuck those of us who always hide helms.
    I agree, that's the route they've taken. I don't think they've tried to annoy people, it's just that they've overhauled the entire appearances system and this was a part of it.

That having been said, it's going to be obnoxious for a few months. I get the complaints, because it's frustrating, but I think it's something we'll all get used to in relatively short order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Lawsuits are why vanilla will never return. Nostalrius was doing quite well
    No, Blizzard knows vanilla will get no where with the game community of today.
    Op is just another example of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

All the revamps Blizzard has done to the game had a justifiable reason behind it. I may or may not have liked it but at least it made sense. What was the reason for making something like this into an inconvenience? Like, tell me why they felt the need to take such a convenient option and make it so you have talk to an NPC to do it. Also apparently if Vultahn up there is right it looks like you now have to even spend money to make something reappear. So now not only was a convenient option change to be an inconvenience but now you also have to pay for it when it was completely free. So with that said how does that make the game any more enjoyable? Again it's the fact that this change makes no sense that bothers me the most and has no reason behind it other than "why not?".

If they're going to make changes to the game shouldn't it be for convenience or making the game more enjoyable?
    I don't know specifics man, but take a second to think about why it was done? They completely revamped the transmog system so obviously this change is because of that. There has to be a reason as to why it had to be changed. Blizzard wouldn't just take a feature in the game that was easy as checking/unchecking a box in the settings for no reason after all these years. It obviously is tied into the new transmog panel.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know specifics man, but take a second to think about why it was done? They completely revamped the transmog system so obviously this change is because of that. There has to be a reason as to why it had to be changed. Blizzard wouldn't just take a feature in the game that was easy as checking/unchecking a box in the settings for no reason after all these years. It obviously is tied into the new transmog panel.