Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch is out - bring on the Nana Boost

Posted at 10 AM Pacific: Com'on BLIZZ make OW GREAT AGAIN!

Jeff Kaplan (10:30 AM): Ok. But only because you asked nicely.

Turns out it actually is live! Have fun!

A stolen post giving some tips with an Ana on your teammate (and how to make the player your best friend)

"- If you want me to heal you, I need to see you. If you chase an enemy into a corridor, you're on your own.

- I work best with a second support to take advantage of the healing boost on my grenades. Consider picking Lucio, Mercy or Zenyatta instead of that third or fourth Offense hero.

- There is no need to continue bunny-hopping after you've retreated for heals. You're not under fire, so stand still and let me heal you instead of dancing around and wasting time.

- If you pick Genji or Tracer, don't expect me to be able to heal you consistently from a distance while you zip around like a hummingbird on speed.

- I have no mobility at all. If you need healing, retreat. Don't just stay in the fight mashing your "I need healing!" emote, because there's no way I'll be able to reach you in time.

- If you're standing in front of me, you're preventing me from healing our other teammates AND from damaging enemies. Please respect the importance that line of sight has to my kit.

In short, I'm the only support whose heals can miss. Keep this in mind when I'm on your team, and please do your best to not make my job harder than it has to be.

Sincerely,

Your Team's Ana"
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2016-07-20 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch is also live in the EU btw, not just the US

Are the hitboxes reduced on live or Blizzard is going to test them further in the ptr? I know in the patch notes this isn't written, but so it wasn't on the ptr. :P
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Are the hitboxes reduced on live or Blizzard is going to test them further in the ptr? I know in the patch notes this isn't written, but so it wasn't on the ptr. :P
    There a multiple videos testing out new hit boxes. Haven't tried new patch yet, but I would hopes its implemented in as well, if not, it would bring a shit storm

Just like LoL, only worse -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Just like LoL, only worse -.-
    Care to explain more? I've only played about 10 hours of LoL

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Care to explain more? I've only played about 10 hours of LoL
    every time a new champion comes out everyone goes apeshit and MUST pick the new champ, no matter how useless he is (for example a support champ in top lane and shit like that)

But in overwatch there is no champion limit so basically every match will be full with Anas.

It's a shitfest right now -.-

Makes me glad I'm abroad with a Mac for the mext two weeks, so when I'm back it will have calmed down
    RETH

every time a new champion comes out everyone goes apeshit and MUST pick the new champ, no matter how useless he is (for example a support champ in top lane and shit like that)

But in overwatch there is no champion limit so basically every match will be full with Anas.

Yeah, it's actually worse in League only because you have to get through 10 game lobbies of someone instalocking the new champ just to have someone who wanted to play the same champ dodge the lobby, which places you back into the queue. Rinse and repeat.

It'll die out quickly, it's a trend that happens with every game when there's new content. Suck it up buttercup.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Was suprised the patch is out, then I got matchmaked into 4 consecutive matches against a double rank 77 premade (while I am rank 63).
    Now I don't feel playing for a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Children, behave.' Best. Line. Ever.

Pretty useless though, 76, Hanzo, Pharah, WM (I guess McCree now too) will just find you and destroy you instantly. She needs either mobility, or headshots to defend herself properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Was suprised the patch is out, then I got matchmaked into 4 consecutive matches against a double rank 77 premade (while I am rank 63).
    Now I don't feel playing for a week.
    Are you taking about your level or your actual competitive ranking? If you're talking about level ... I dunno what to tell you, level doesn't mean anything when it comes skill level, just time spent playing ... Because I've run into some pretty miserably bad 100+ players lately.

If you meant competitive that's a pretty huge gap to be matched against and I feel sympathy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    'Children, behave.' Best. Line. Ever.

Pretty useless though, 76, Hanzo, Pharah, WM (I guess McCree now too) will just find you and destroy you instantly. She needs either mobility, or headshots to defend herself properly.
    I don't see how head shots would help with defensive ability... Because then you're just making her into a traditional sniper which is the whole point of her current tool kit to make her different.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Destriel View Post
    Are you taking about your level or your actual competitive ranking? If you're talking about level ... I dunno what to tell you, level doesn't mean anything when it comes skill level, just time spent playing ... Because I've run into some pretty miserably bad 100+ players lately.

If you meant competitive that's a pretty huge gap to be matched against and I feel sympathy.
    Competitive, I don't play Quicks.
    Might try out Ana in quicks but I prefer tanks overall.
    Just slightly scared that Blizzard doesn't fix the matchmaking and I'll be stuck against really high ranks all the time.

7+ Year Old Account

unlucky you i guess.
    had 5 matches and in all 5 i was the only one who even picked ana.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    EU servers just went down for me.. Oh well.

And to be slightly on topic: I was playing a 6man premade, and we all went Ana for lulz. The other team joined us and we had a nice 6v6 as Ana. Was good fun. Outside of that, I've only seen 1 on each team at a time

7+ Year Old Account
    btw, anyone else cant log in?
    i get errors when i try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    i guess not then.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Huzzah! 2 more hrs of dumb work and then I'm getting mental in the patch. Saw that Ana-na gained 2 more ammos.

Noice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post

And to be slightly on topic: I was playing a 6man premade, and we all went Ana for lulz. The other team joined us and we had a nice 6v6 as Ana. Was good fun. Outside of that, I've only seen 1 on each team at a time
    Only a brief melting. Seem back now.