Its definitely gathering heavy and I think that's kind of a weakness of these earlier quests right now. Yeah five pages of quests is crazy, but I'm less crazy about it when about 75% of them (bit lower in 3*) are just gathering things.

I mostly finished cleaning up the last of the gathering for 3* last night and I've begun to run into the Fated Four. I ran into Mizutsume last night and after about half an hour of fighting it (because Adept is f'ing fantastic) I realized that it wasn't killable (like Lagiacrus in MH3). I've also run into Gammoth so I'm looking forward to seeing more. I'm becoming more hopeful that come 4* it'll be a large majority of large monsters outside of the harvest tours.

I'm not looking forward to Nibelsnarf. I hated him with Swaxe and I'll probably hate him with bow too. Luckily I can toss together an ice elemental bow so that might work in my favor at least.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

@Leblue no they're killable, they just have a ridiculous amount of hp for those quests. Supposedly 3x what they normally have. Took me I think it was 30-35 minutes just to kill mizutsune. Decided to just skip the lightning seregios and mega popo since its not possible to get enough parts to really do anything with them in 1 run and its just a silly amount of time and effort to kill them.

The bulldrome died almost immediately after I killed mizutsune too, and I basically didn't even fight it. Apparently mizutsune did work on it every time it popped up for the little time it was there before my cats dung bombed it away.

By the by, the cats are amazing with dung bombs. They always used it on the bulldrome and it was beautiful.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I've had the rank 4 version of my base weapon forever now and I'm really wanting to just upgrade already its so annoying xD

Freaking to get anything better than what I'm wearing I need *something* that I don't have access to yet. Just been sitting on these same weapons at the same level forever. MY BODY IS READY FOR SHINY NEW SWORDS.
    I don't really like the upgrade system in this one much. Everything branches so much, and the kiranico weapons pages are not set up well, IMO.

Almost done with 4* village. I can't believe there were more gathering quests in this tier.

Someone on reddit counted up all the quests and compared it to 4u. http://i.imgur.com/8o2oh3Q.jpg

Apparently the gathering doesn't drop off until 5* which is pretty ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed the Glavenus in the Mushroom quest but I didn't know that he had 3x health. I suppose that makes sense since it took me 30 minutes. But after killing him solo, I fought him online and absolutely decimated him. He gets countered so hard by Adept.

@Poppincaps I honestly feel like he was made with adept in mind, from what I've seen his abilities and their tells are practically like an adept training session.

Made some type 51 macerators and macerated his face in that abyssal mushroom quest.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-07-19 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hate glavenus tail swipe when enraged, hitbox so large even his mom can get it.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I really like malfestio, his design was neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Malfestio. Or at least the confusion. It completely fucks me over.

Also obligatory FUCK KHEZU. I killed him without much fuss but when he spammed his electric shockwave attack 5 times in a row I got triggered hardcore.

Deleted
    Bought a 3ds XL with this game yesterday. My first Monster Hunter game ever. Loving the 3d effect, quite impressed with it. That said...the tutorial missions are looooooong. Really...you couldn't explain me gathering, mining and bug-hunting in 1 minute instead of three separate missions?

Looking forward to get into the meat of the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Bought a 3ds XL with this game yesterday. My first Monster Hunter game ever. Loving the 3d effect, quite impressed with it. That said...the tutorial missions are looooooong. Really...you couldn't explain me gathering, mining and bug-hunting in 1 minute instead of three separate missions?

Looking forward to get into the meat of the game though.
    Honestly my only complaint so far.

It's cool to have 4 different villages, but seriously, I don't want to hunt your native raptors, it's just the same as the last mission I did.

F*** i hadn't time to play last night and still at 2* mission :'(

ANyway, i already want to roll another hunter for playing another weapon/style combo. I know i can already but i like to focus on a specific set until i have finished the SP part because roleplay.

Any chance there's a website already with the weapon trees like there was for 4U? I don't remeber the name right now.

Someone on reddit counted up all the quests and compared it to 4u. http://i.imgur.com/8o2oh3Q.jpg

Apparently the gathering doesn't drop off until 5* which is pretty ridiculous.
    Nearly the same amount of quests without G rank ones is good. too bad it's all gathering fodder which sucks ass. And as a completionist like me this really grinds my gears - to farm materials i just go on tour missions, so that amount of gathering quests is really overhelming. Especially egg ones.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-07-20 at 07:51 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post

Also obligatory FUCK KHEZU. I killed him without much fuss but when he spammed his electric shockwave attack 5 times in a row I got triggered hardcore.
    Ever play 4U? the double crimson Khezu was insufferable.

"oh hey lets throw a paintba-" "NORMIES OUT OF MY CAVE RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE" and when it stops screetching in comes the second to start and when it finishes the other starts again.

That mission was hell before earplugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Ever play 4U? the double crimson Khezu was insufferable.

"oh hey lets throw a paintba-" "NORMIES OUT OF MY CAVE RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE" and when it stops screetching in comes the second to start and when it finishes the other starts again.

That mission was hell before earplugs.
    Yep, been playing since Freedom Unite. Khezu is cancer incarnate.

But he's so adorable with his lil owl beams.

Only got confused a couple times, not even sure what exactly caused it. The first time it happened you could say I was... confused on how it affected the char. The second time I realized it reversed the movement controls which was easy enough to play around. Not sure if that's consistent or if it randomizes it every time.

I liked em though, was a fun fight. Especially enjoy the orange ball he summons, just begs to be adept evaded into. He's all like *I'ma safe in my impenetra-AGH*

Yep, been playing since Freedom Unite. Khezu is cancer incarnate.
    I felt that way before adept, since that one move where he plans to aoe lightning would be what would get me a lot of the time since I was always balls deep. But with adept its just an opportunity to rail into him.

Khezu sucked...till this go round when I was playing Bow. Bow it was great. "What's that Khezu? You want to spam lightning 5 times in a row? Okay you do that, I'm going to pump poison/power arrows into you ad nauseum".

Hoping to finish out 3* today so I can move into 4*...and start finishing those gathering quests XD
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    I must say, as this is my first Monster Hunter game that at first I wasn't entirely sure of the game. Everything is reaaaally slow and I wasn't actually really killing anything. However, now I killed 3 or so of those big dinosaurs in the 1 star mission and just started the two star missions. Managed to upgrade my armour and picked double blades as my weapon. Don't really like many of the other weapons (but haven't tried them all yet).

Seems like I haven't even explored 10% of the mechanics in this game yet, which is awesome. I love feeling like a noob and learning new things.

@Waervyn yeah this specific one is really slow to start by comparison to 4u. I think 4u had a lot better introductory experience as it also had a decent story and more linear progression path that helped to really direct you and get you into the game while letting you get to things in digestible chunks. It also had way less gathering quests (I dunno why they put so many in and why they're all frontloaded).

Definitely stick with it until you get to more of the hunting big mobs and crafting lots of armor. Its a fantastic game this one is just unfortunately a bit slow to start.

@Waervyn yeah this specific one is really slow to start by comparison to 4u. I think 4u had a lot better introductory experience as it also had a decent story and more linear progression path that helped to really direct you and get you into the game while letting you get to things in digestible chunks. It also had way less gathering quests (I dunno why they put so many in and why they're all frontloaded).

Definitely stick with it until you get to more of the hunting big mobs and crafting lots of armor. Its a fantastic game this one is just unfortunately a bit slow to start.
    agree completely. 4U had a nice starting experince but brought you into nice quests pretty soon. 2* and 3* in MHG are nothing but bloated with gathering quests which are really unnedeed imho.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Ah well, at least it gives me time to get used to all the systems in this game. Now I got a prowler mode quest though...and there's a ton of tutorials for that too...yay :P

One thing I didn't understand from the tutorial, how do I mount a boss? I accidentally did it once, but not sure why that worked. Also, what do I do once I'm on it?

What's everyone's favourite weapon? I found most of them really slow (especially lance), so in the end went with dual blades. That insect glaive thingy was also lots of fun. Will look into that one more.