Thread: New music...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Talking New music...

Can we just take a moment to share our respect and awe for once again, awesome music in WoW?

I decided to resub last night because I miss friends and lots are going back, so I figured I'd at least try the pre-patch stuff and go from there.

Well, I checked out Lion's Rest in Stormwind... wow, the music is just breathtaking. I literally sat here listening to the music on loop for about 20-30 minutes. Wonderful! The singer, I don't know who she is, but I loooooove love love her voice! And the bagpipes! :O Just so emotional. I love it.

Anyone else feel the same way? Is there somewhere else I should check out?

This is one thing I love about WoW: the music is almost always bloody perfect (except for the bombastic in-your-face Garrison music, good riddance!) and I've never gotten bored of the countless hours worth of WoW music!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    legions music is definitely one of my favs.
    btw, the music you here in lions rest is anduins theme.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Legion music is really top notch:

Here's everything:

It is an incredible work the music -- very high fantasy, which is good imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Can we just take a moment to share our respect and awe for once again, awesome music in WoW?

I decided to resub last night because I miss friends and lots are going back, so I figured I'd at least try the pre-patch stuff and go from there.

Well, I checked out Lion's Rest in Stormwind... wow, the music is just breathtaking. I literally sat here listening to the music on loop for about 20-30 minutes. Wonderful! The singer, I don't know who she is, but I loooooove love love her voice! And the bagpipes! :O Just so emotional. I love it.

This is one thing I love about WoW: the music is almost always bloody perfect (except for the bombastic in-your-face Garrison music, good riddance!) and I've never gotten bored of the countless hours worth of WoW music!
    In beta I used to go to the new park whenever I created a new character, then I could proceed to read and select my talents, make my action bar, etc, while listening to that music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    In beta I used to go to the new park whenever I created a new character, then I could proceed to read and select my talents, make my action bar, etc, while listening to that music.
    Smart!

I've been off the game for over a year, and even at the beginning of WoD I wasn't doing well at trying to really understand everything...

Maybe I should take your advice and do some reading there.
    "A flower.

The music in World of Warcraft has always been a huge source of personal enjoyment for me. I love most of it and I always take a moment to appreciate the music in zones and buildings. The music in Legion that I've been sampling to this point looks like some of the best we've ever seen. I look forward to hearing it while exploring the various zones.

It sounds very nice indeed. What's most surprising is that it's used to tell a story as shallow and butchered as the current wow story
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    The music in World of Warcraft has always been a huge source of personal enjoyment for me. I love most of it and I always take a moment to appreciate the music in zones and buildings. The music in Legion that I've been sampling to this point looks like some of the best we've ever seen. I look forward to hearing it while exploring the various zones.
    Same! My first character was a Night Elf and Teldrassil's music just gives such an extreme level of nostalgia, I only wish Cataclysm hadn't done so much to Darkshore and Ashenvale. :/

I will say however, certain areas of Tanaris got some stupidly beautiful music in Cataclysm.

Give some, take some.

One and a half months to go!
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anduins theme is better than anything they've done yet. So long bt, sunwell and ulduar music.

Deleted

You won't be able to check it out until Legion is released (Unless you have beta access ofc), but Stormheim has some really great music. Grizzly hills 2.0 basically, I always enjoyed the music from that zone and Stormheim now brings a variant into the game that is (in my opinion) even a little better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    You won't be able to check it out until Legion is released (Unless you have beta access ofc), but Stormheim has some really great music. Grizzly hills 2.0 basically, I always enjoyed the music from that zone and Stormheim now brings a variant into the game that is (in my opinion) even a little better.
    Grizzly Hills music about brought me to tears the first time I heard it. I think I was on a VOIP with some friends and I was just gushing to them about it. They were all laughing, but hell, I was happy. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Anduins theme is better than anything they've done yet. So long bt, sunwell and ulduar music.
    Just a shame it has to be the music for the lame kid of an alright king. =/

/NightElven exceptionalism
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one thing you can say has consistently gotten better in WoW, it's the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    If there is one thing you can say has consistently gotten better in WoW, it's the music.
    With Cata as a clear outlier. Hate everything from it but Thaurissian's Reach, Breath of Al'Akir's and some of the updated zone themes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Grizzly Hills music about brought me to tears the first time I heard it. I think I was on a VOIP with some friends and I was just gushing to them about it. They were all laughing, but hell, I was happy. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Just a shame it has to be the music for the lame kid of an alright king. =/

/NightElven exceptionalism
    Well aside from a few songs in grizzly hills, storm peaks, scholzar and what I mentioned, the shattering and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZy9ziutmaA are (were) the best songs in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I would argue it is the one thing that has consistently been good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1ot-XRu4c&t=6m4s

Amazing, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    With Cata as a clear outlier. Hate everything from it but Thaurissian's Reach, Breath of Al'Akir's and some of the updated zone themes.
    Some of the Cata stuff was definitely really good, loved any of the DW/TH music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I would argue it is the one thing that has consistently been good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1ot-XRu4c&t=6m4s

Amazing, imo.
    This.

I loved Vanilla zone music, TBC music (which I think is some of the MOST atmospheric sounding, it's crazy, I really felt like I was more or less in space, on another planet, an alien world), Wrath music, well, Wrath had Ulduar, need we say much more? And Grizzly Hills and Storm Peaks as stand-outs zones, Cata I think had some beautiful stuff too, like the big Night Elf suite of music...

MoP was the biggest change in the style of music, but still gorgeous stuff.

WoD, while it had good music, also probably one of my least favorite tracks ever: the bombastically in-your-face Garrison music, at least Alliance-side. Also, WoD just reminds me of when I was the most disappointed in the game.

What I've seen of Legion so far is awesome.
    "A flower.