Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    If you both want an example of that you should look for http://www.dailywire.com/news/7543/h...e-hank-berrien where Hillary invites the mother of the thug Michael Brown to speak and cash in money.

So let me get this straight:
    A mother of a thug commercializing is brave for you liberals and she and the thug get hailed as heroes?

But once a mother of an innocent soldier who gave his life for america wants justice, you guys get triggered?
    What is up with this crazy western world?

Cyberowl (and everyone of your sort), you truly truly disgust me to the core.
    She didn't commercialized anything, Republican party did. Somehow there was no mothers of dead soldiers at 2008 Democratic convention talking about war in Iraq that began because of a sham Bush, Powell and Cheney.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    she's the ridiculous classless one, "I blame Hillary" because .....it sounds good and i'm a republican.
    Perfect example of no compassion for people. Take the politics aside and look at what happened to her and her family. Have a fuckin heart. Regardless of her motives, her political views, her political side, she lost a child

Everyone who attacks a grieving mother of an innocent who was killed, absolutely deserves every name in the book imho.
    And you're selfishly using her "grief" to cowardly push your own political fearmongering paranoia (dince your party has no actual plans other than walling out people) and political stance.

If we deserve to be called names, than you deserve a special job and rank in the depths of Hell for your evil selfish ways if using her like a tool.

Edit: i just noticed your forum name. I think I've stumbled on the real truth here...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-07-19 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'd frankly like to know how much she got paid to speak at the RNC before I nominate her for sainthood. If she got her travel expenses covered and spoke for free then more power too her. I applaud her for attempting to right the wrongs her family suffered, even if she's misguided in her targets.

It's absolutely awful to lose a child. You know what else is awful? Making money off that tragedy. I'm not so willing to give people a free pass because something awful happened to them.
    You know, it's pretty sad that we live in a world where people get paid for stuff like this or hell, even THINKING that someone got paid to do something like this. So, while I see what your point, I personally put aside the bullshit politics behind it and have compassion for the women who lost a child. Talking about how she lost her child and who's responsibility it was for that happening is another discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Perfect example of no compassion for people. Take the politics aside and look at what happened to her and her family. Have a fuckin heart. Regardless of her motives, her political views, her political side, she lost a child
    So did thousands of mothers during the Iraq war. Why was GOP only now taking this stance and not with Cindy Sheehan, who they called un-American for protesting her sons death?:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Sheehan
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Then don't put the political spotlight on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    She lost a child, which has nothing to do with the Republican National Convention, except inasmuch as they use it to try to smear Clinton when she had nothing to do with the woman's son's death. That's why people are taking issue with this.

She can have as much compassion as she wants, just not on stage at the RNC.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They do not have a filibuster in ether the house or senate. So not as easy as one would think. For a bill to even make it to consideration, they need 60 votes min. in the house for approval. And to override a veto, they would need even more control then they have now.
    This is just factually untrue. You need 60 for to pass a bill through a filibuster. And that would be in the senate, not the house. A filibuster also doesn't permanently prevent a bill from being considered. It's a stalling tactic to see if they can make it to the end of the session without it being passed. They literally set the legislative schedule for both legislatures. That's part of the powers granted to the leading party in both legislatures. They could make that the first bill for consideration for that session. If you think the white house would veto a bill that grants them the funding they've requested, you're not living in reality. If the white house had actually done that, in response to republicans hypothetically practicing even some measure of good governance, then benghazi would have been an actual issue. That's not what happened. So instead we get the cockamamie bullshit they've been pulling to try to get you to hit the scapegoat they picked out.

You're not using terms correctly. I don't know how you can be expected to make a worthwhile contribution to this discussion.

Howsabout you have a heart and stop using her like a tool for your cheap political tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who attacks a grieving mother of an innocent who was killed, absolutely deserves every name in the book imho.
    That's what's wrong with liberals. They hail criminals and thugs as heroes while demonizing and showing no empathy to those who give their lives to protect their country.
    GOP did far worse to Cindy Sheehan, with the audience Smith speaking to, featuring the very people who demonized Sheehan:

but, keep blaming liberals... While the GOP candidate calls a POW a coward...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You have a heart and stop using her like a tool for your cheap political tactics.
    What the fuck are you talking about dude? I am leaving politics out of this discussion all together. The person who keeps talking about Politics is YOU, jackass. Pull your head out of your ass and re-read what Ive been saying. Im talking about compassion for the woman losing her child, politics aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This is just factually untrue. You need 60 for to pass a bill through a filibuster. And that would be in the senate, not the house. A filibuster also doesn't permanently prevent a bill from being considered. It's a stalling tactic to see if they can make it to the end of the session without it being passed. They literally set the legislative schedule for both legislatures. That's part of the powers granted to the leading party in both legislatures. They could make that the first bill for consideration for that session. If you think the white house would veto a bill that grants them the funding they've requested, you're not living in reality. If the white house had actually done that, in response to republicans hypothetically practicing even some measure of good governance, then benghazi would have been an actual issue. That's not what happened. So instead we get the cockamamie bullshit they've been pulling to try to get you to hit the scapegoat they picked out.

You're not using terms correctly. I don't know how you can be expected to make a worthwhile contribution to this discussion.
    Senate filibuster rules have changed so much now that you can filibuster from a telephone on the other side of the country. This isn't Mr. Smith Goes to Washington anymore, unless you specifically want to grandstand. So anyone in the senate can stop a bill in its tracks with a 10 second phone call, unless the opposition has 60 votes for cloture.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck are you talking about dude? I am leaving politics out of this discussion all together. The person who keeps talking about Politics is YOU, jackass. Pull your head out of your ass and re-read what Ive been saying. Im talking about compassion for the woman losing her child, politics aside.
    If politics are aside, then get her off the RNC stage.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

this isn't some reporter sticking a mic in her face teh day after, this is four years after on the biggest political stage with an argument emotion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've no compassion for people who leverage personal loss for political ends.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    That's really fucking classy of the RNC to bring a grieving mother on stage and blame Hillary Clinton for the death of her son. Just terrible.
    Quit pretending the Democrats wouldn't do the same if given the chance. Both parties engage in dirty tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If that's true, name a single thing that changed as a result.

Then why was there no result? Why is Hillary the target, when the chain of command you quoted was Obama -> Panneta? Neither the results or the focus of hearings confirm what you are saying. In fact, the OP is over exactly what I said, being discussed with grieving families of the dead. Many of whom do not agree that Hillary made the statements Smith claims in the private meetings.
    What needs to change? Assuming the issue was that the chain of command was broken, and the President made the call to send help but that his order was ignored, the way you fix this is to hold responsible the person who broke the chain of command. Which is exactly what the committee is trying to do.

The reason Hillary is a target, not "the" target, is because she was the head of the department where it seems the command was lost. When she won't investigate who broke that chain of command in her department, it makes her highly suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Senate filibuster rules have changed so much now that you can filibuster from a telephone on the other side of the country. This isn't Mr. Smith Goes to Washington anymore, unless you specifically want to grandstand. So anyone in the senate can stop a bill in its tracks with a 10 second phone call, unless the opposition has 60 votes for cloture.
    Negotiations between the two parties resulted in two packages of amendments to the rules on filibusters being approved by the Senate on January 25, 2013.[38] Changes to the standing orders affecting just the 2013-14 Congress were passed by a vote of 78 to 16, allowing the Senate majority leader to prohibit a filibuster on a motion to begin consideration of a bill.[38] Changes to the permanent Senate rules were passed by a vote of 86 to 9.[38] The changes occurred through Senate Resolution 15 and Senate Resolution 16; Senate Resolution 15 applies only to the 113th session, while Senate Resolution 16 changed two standing rules of the Senate.[39]

That's 2013. Then in 2015 those rules were made permanent.

Not really. The changed them in 2013 to prevent the thing you're talking about from happening again like it did in the 111th congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    She lost a child, which has nothing to do with the Republican National Convention, except inasmuch as they use it to try to smear Clinton when she had nothing to do with the woman's son's death. That's why people are taking issue with this.

She can have as much compassion as she wants, just not on stage at the RNC.
    I am not talking about her having compassion, I am talking about US, the people having this conversation on this website, having compassion for her losing her child. Yes, I see the point of why they brought her on stage, to smear Clinton for being the responsible one for getting her child killed which to some is questionable but there's already been proof that she was the one responsible(but this is an entirely different conversation that I won't get into). People are fuckin blasting the lady who lost her child which is wrong.

Jesus Christ, having a conversation with people on this forum is like talking to a 2 year old child. Its pointless. Let me smash my face into a wall for Christ sake. This is why I don't like getting involved in discussions that involve politics because there's never an end to it. Its all opinions that get people no where and turn into heated arguments.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2016-07-19 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Quit pretending the Democrats wouldn't do the same if given the chance. Both parties engage in dirty tactics.
    So let's call it terrible when it happens. Rather than play the "bu bu bu but they would do it too" game.

Call it terrible. Let's all agree for once.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    They were given the chance with Cindy Sheehan, but didn't do it. They will do it with relatives of gun violence, but I really doubt a single one will blame Trump or any member of GOP by name... Bush included... Here is Sheehan's reaction, notice the difference from OP and read about how GOP dragged her through the mud:

Cindy Sheehan states she initially questioned the urgency of the invasion of Iraq but did not become active in the antiwar effort until after her son's death.[10] Sheehan and other military families met with United States President George W. Bush in June 2004 at Fort Lewis, near Tacoma, Washington, about three months after her son's death. In a June 24, 2004, interview with the Vacaville Reporter, published soon after the meeting, she stated, "We haven't been happy with the way the war has been handled. The president has changed his reasons for being over there every time a reason is proven false or an objective reached." She also stated that President Bush was "sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis. I know [he] feels pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of God."