Dumb question, but the 2p and 4p bonus of the T17 retri set has been modified ? Since there are no more HoW or Exorcism...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that much different? All of my WOT cannot be contained!

IT CANNOT BE...................CONTAINED

Also Hai Storm(Bad cop).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Omg, can we cut the rot out here before it starts. Just uploading my rant video on this as I type.

This guide was written by someone who doesn't play ret, they didn't even pop onto the PTR to try a few things out - they've just gone from spell data on WoWhead and tried to use their 'common sense'.

As for it being reviewed by Shibb, either he/she didn't bother reading it and just said it was fine or they are not playing Ret in Legion and haven't bothered doing anything on the spec in alpha or beta. Nobody who has played the Legion toolkit in the last 5 months will find anything approaching accuracy in this turnip of a guide.
    Yup. I wasnt buying it either. Especially with simcraft giving my live paladin almost double the value to haste versus the second best stat.

I did like the rotation guide though. Showing TV at 3HP above CS made the spec flow better to me. The CS seemed to have one charge always recharging and reduced downtime. It might be worth considering.

It was overall a crappy guide no doubt.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-07-19 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    Welcome back, Storm.
    thank you, it really is amusingly cozy to be greeted in such a manner
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Also Hai Storm(Bad cop).
    Heya once in a while , Aeluron~
    Who? Me?
    I'm fluffy as a teddy bear and just as cuddly >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    Honestly, ret mobility is not THAT THAT much different than ret on live.
    yeah right.. speed of light is same shit as divine pony lol..are you living in parallel universe or something?
    Last edited by Ianus; 2016-07-19 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    yeah right.. speed of light is same shit as divine pony lol..are you living in parallel universe or something?
    Don't forget the choices of passive 15% increase +5% per holy power and long arm of the law. Yeah... Reg is usually on some pretty powerful stuff.

Deleted
    For PvE it's true, it's about what we have on live. Small bit less but in practice it works about same. What is annoying tho is we have less defensive cooldowns available due to no more divine protection on 30 sec cd.

Did any1 get to look at new PvP templates for Rets? Unless i am miss-read in pvp we only get 25% of our mastery (WTF the point to enforce on us this mastery crap if we get only 25% of total mastery in pvp) also Ret is the only DPS spec that received so many DMG nerfs 70% on TV, 60% on ES, 60% healing from JV, I mean i hope i miss understood something but to me it seems like Blizzard gutted our damage even more, while other classes like Mages get over all buffed from their templates in PvP (aka more over all stats than a base 100%). Can any1 maybe point out a reason of why the heck Blizzard is already nerfing our dmg compared to other dps classes before legion even released?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagidin View Post
    For PvE it's true, it's about what we have on live. Small bit less but in practice it works about same. What is annoying tho is we have less defensive cooldowns available due to no more divine protection on 30 sec cd.
    In terms of choices, he's dead wrong(Reg that is).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Don't forget the choices of passive 15% increase +5% per holy power and long arm of the law. Yeah... Reg is usually on some pretty powerful stuff.
    i remember them just i remembered SoL cause it was to me in raids best ability for dodging shit..

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember them just i remembered SoL cause it was to me in raids best ability for dodging shit..
    With no movement bonuses now, I'm stacking Versatility and hoping the damage reduction will help me survive fire being placed on my head instead of moving out of it...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Imagidin View Post
    I don't think the difference is trivial. The only thing Divine Steed has over Speed of Light is how far it can travel in the first three seconds. It's worse in every other way.

* It travels less total distance (360% extra distance vs 560% extra distance)
    * It has a shorter duration (bad if you need/want to move fast for longer than 3 seconds, for example running out and back in for Mannoroth's Gaze or Archimonde's Chained Torment and Seething Corruption)
    * It's on the GCD, so not only can you not use it right when you want to, it's competing with our damage.
    * It's on the same row as Divine Intervention. So unlike in WoD where we could have Speed of Light and Unyielding Faith, in Legion we have to pick one or the other. This is made worse by the fact our goto defensive has a super long cooldown (especially without Ashbringer).

If it was only one or two of those, maybe two, I might have agreed it was close to WoD. With all of those? Not so much...

I'd like a cookie cutter build/explanation for ret.

Anyone got a guide or video?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yup. I wasnt buying it either. Especially with simcraft giving my live paladin almost double the value to haste versus the second best stat.

I did like the rotation guide though. Showing TV at 3HP above CS made the spec flow better to me. The CS seemed to have one charge always recharging and reduced downtime. It might be worth considering.

It was overall a crappy guide no doubt.
    Well, I've been playing about for post launch stuff, and I'm toying with the following atm for APL:

Judgment
    Spender (window about to end)
    Spender (DP or FoJ about to fade)
    Spender (5HP)
    Execution Sentence
    Spender (WoA about to come off cooldown)
    WoA (if >2 secs left on window)
    Crusader Strike (2 charges but <5 HP)
    Blade of Justice (<4 HP)
    Consecration
    Spender (if during AW)
    Crusader Strike (1 charge)
    Spender
    Blinding Light

I'm so casual now, I hope that CLCRet gets updated. Neurology sure keeps you mentally busy.

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    I'm so casual now, I hope that CLCRet gets updated. Neurology sure keeps you mentally busy.
    A bit OT, but why CLCRet? I used to use it in Wrath (and CLCInfo later), but after switching to Hekilli, I'd never switch back. While measurably more CPU intensive, it provided much better results. CLC had a bad habit of recommending abilities back to back (such as HoWrath) when that was clearly not possible and other options were available.

[edit: I agree, muscle memory is a bitch. :P]

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really used CLCRet I did great DPS regardless

Seriously though, my Paladin is shelfed until Legion launched. No way am I touching him during Pre Patch.

Warrior-Magi

So, any rets had a chance to raid yet? I did and I was top 3 every fight and the top on most fights. Not sure if my guildies are just having issues adjusting, I'm a god, ret's not that bad or some combination of all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    With no movement bonuses now, I'm stacking Versatility and hoping the damage reduction will help me survive fire being placed on my head instead of moving out of it...
    Blizzard wants us to stand in the fire with Holy Wrath.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2016-07-20 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, any rets had a chance to raid yet? I did and I was top 3 every fight and the top on most fights. Not sure if my guildies are just having issues adjusting, I'm a god, ret's not that bad or some combination of all 3.
    Please give me a quick rundown of your talents and skill priority!

Thank you!