Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Last checked I didn't do this......

Once again there is a reason blizzard made this change, take a wild guess why they did it.
    To force guilds to pay for server transfers on low pop realms to high pop ones. Watcher has said many times he doesn't like cross realm raiding.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    What stops people form joining the guild masters guild for the duration of the run?
    Who would do that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    To force guilds to pay for server transfers on low pop realms to high pop ones. Watcher has said many times he doesn't like cross realm raiding.
    Oh I'm sure that's also part of the reason.

Not being sarcastic ether, there can be more then one reason why blizzard does something.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, my initial reaction was "great! will stop the jerks and ninjitsu!", but when you think about it, this removes all incentives for people to bring randos to pugs. Most of the incentive was removed by flexible scaling (so you don't want to bring carries as they actually hurt you) and this removes whatever remained.
    Bringing randos to pugs was never a good idea, unless you think someone's idea of fun is being a fifth wheel who may or may not get anything and who isn't on guild chat and who's just basically waiting to get booted when "that healer who's late" shows up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem inconsistent and confused, Motorman.

In this post, you're sneering at the concept/goal of the game being a happy and friendly experience :

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Sterilizing wow to create a cleaner experience for everyone with hugs kisses and flowers in a world where everyone goes inside raids while holding hands and everyone respects one another and...meh I just got sick again.

And then in this post a few minutes later, you're complaining that the new system causes drama and frustration :

Also it creates a lot of post raid trade drama. So basically drama is still there and now theres also a problematic mechanic to frustrate us. Well done. Another fine quarter inc.

So which is it? Do you think the game should be striving for a better and more positive experience, or should it be focused on mechanics that cause negativity?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Get in raid groups where the average age is over 17 and you will see less of this.
    There's a lot of 35 year olds out there behaving like 17 year olds once they strap on a headset.

You know, like cops and military.

There will be more pugs with good people then ever due to the way loot scaling works. There is alot of hardcore players who will be needing pugs for alts after mains are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    What needs to be in place is if you use LFG tool to get members for your group you are automatically banned from master loot regardless if you have 75% guild group. to be allowed to master loot you should NOT be allowed to use the grouping tools period it should be that you create your group totally without its aide.
    Why though. If you don't like the group rules, don't join. Make your own group.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Make your own group.
    Obviously, "make your own group" was an effective solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The biggest issue with that is tier bosses. With any loot but perso al you will always get tier, but with petsonal it is very possible that nobody does.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't even close to ninfaing if they tell people as yhey join an item is reserved.
    Yeah but often you spend an hour clearing to say a near end boss and they say "btw bis trinket half you guys are here for.. reserved.." and you see 12 people leave. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Obviously, "make your own group" was an effective solution.
    Well, they can make their own group or just admit they want to be carried to free loot.

If someone takes the time to form and lead a group, they should be able to reserve gear. Realistically, a better solution would have been to literally reserve an item in the dungeon journal and have it auto looted if it dropped if you were raid leader or assist.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Yeah but often you spend an hour clearing to say a near end boss and they say "btw bis trinket half you guys are here for.. reserved.." and you see 12 people leave. GG
    I have never had that happen. I also don't run with many pugs though. I do pull a random person or two into our raids, but that is probably going to stop now. I have run in groups that have things listed as being on reserve though. As long as people are upfront I dont really care. Now if it was something I really needed or the reason I was running I probably wouldn't go. This is a lazy and bad fix by Blizzard though. Instead of addressing the real issue they create new ones and try to tip toe around this one.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have never had that happen. I also don't run with many pugs though. I do pull a random person or two into our raids, but that is probably going to stop now. I have run in groups that have things listed as being on reserve though. As long as people are upfront I dont really care. Now if it was something I really needed or the reason I was running I probably wouldn't go. This is a lazy and bad fix by Blizzard though. Instead of addressing the real issue they create new ones and try to tip toe around this one.
    I have frequently had that happen. I only run PUGs, though. Don't see why you'd stop pulling in randoms, as long as they don't undo the "guild group" by reaching the threshold.

What's the real issue (if it isn't exploiting a system designed for guilds)?
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God.
    @tryven: It does happen unfortunately. I used to run PUG BRF Normal and Heroics for Elemental Runes on Alts. I joined one, accepted that a certain Tier Piece (Gloves as I remember) was reserved, as mentioned in the description. Another Tier Piece (Head) drops, Leader rolls it, I roll 96, Leader gives it to the Druid instead. I question the decision in /raid, Leader says that it is now reserved. At that point four other people kicked off about the situation calling it unfair and it ultimately ended with about 8 of us leaving and the Raid Disbanding. Master Loot has no joy in PUGs, Personal Loot removes drama.

Now just need to do something about allowing people in with gear appropriate for the Content. Being repeatedly declined from a fresh HFC Heroic run with 708 ilvl and not really having anything else to run for upgrades. The one time I do get in I'm third on DPS and the group can't kill Iron Reaver HC. Ugh
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    This is amazing news! I have been robbed so many times by 'great players', 'guilds' etc.

Could not be happier with this change.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    P.S. Why the hell do you need so much policing around you to have a friendly and happy experience.
    I wonder if you've even played WoW since 4.0.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Master Loot has no joy in PUGs, Personal Loot removes drama.
    People COULD behave well around strangers, and most people do, but it's like going to a restaurant. That one bad meal that left you puking, after 100 great dinners, keeps you from ever going back again.

So, even if most of the time ML works fine for pugs, it's the occasions when it goes sideways that put people off pug raiding. Some people will keep trying, but most will say "fuck it" and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    This is amazing news! I have been robbed so many times by 'great players', 'guilds' etc.

Could not be happier with this change.
    im sure you will enjoy a lot being stuck on first boss for hours now that those "great players" simply wont be even trying to make the groups have fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    and we have a winner here - this is most probably the real reason they are enforcing those rules - clearly the servr transfer money dropped so they had to act somehow to force people into transfering again

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything sorry.

Blizzards actions prove different.
    Like I said, thats false.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good. Nothing of value was lost. F ninjas.

It's always funny to hear casual players complain about master loot, etc.

Join a guild or create your group and set your rules or accept pug constraints.