Thread: Black Desert

yeah i could live with the grind but the lack of armor and weapon visual customization was pretty boring you could be max level and still have the same gear models pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    the combat is amazing in this game but i cant stand that there are no dungeons/raids or pre max level pvp, do people still play this game?
    There are a ton of people that play the game. I play on UNO, which isn't nearly as populated as EDAN, and there is definitely tons of people. Anyone who participated in Node Wars this last week definitely knows the game is in a good state for those that enjoy it. I am lucky enough to be in a guild that took a region. Node/Siege Wars an absolute blast and probably the greatest feature of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    yeah i could live with the grind but the lack of armor and weapon visual customization was pretty boring you could be max level and still have the same gear models pretty much
    You can get the boss armor that looks nice (and some dyes can be bought in AH now)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    You can get the boss armor that looks nice (and some dyes can be bought in AH now)
    My my what a deal

Yesterday was a bit overwhelming for me. It sucks seeing so many tri kzarkas/livertos and tri ult boss armors. Pvp is going to be in a bad place for the next few weeks possible months. I don't know why I thought the sharp and hard crystals would drop from the Valencia mobs, but atleast they drop from hunting.

It has been a few weeks since Valencia has dropped. I decided this is the game for me, and I have started working much harder to be competitive. Everything takes work, but destroying other guilds in node wars makes everything worth it.

At the moment, there are only a few quality of life changes I would like to see.
    1) A world notification for lets the players know a Field Boss will spawn in 10 minutes. Currently each channel has about 100 people waiting for when he pops, and due to the power increase in players both the U1 and U2 bosses die within 10 minutes.

2) Hard/Sharp crystals need to be obtainable outside of life skills. It kinda sucks spending my first hour when I get home rotating my alts in the desert, but at least now it is automatic, so I only have to pay a little bit of attention to pop water/tea.

3) World PVP. The new xp weekends are great, but they also bring a flood of people to the popular spots. It used to be, someone tries to take your spot you would fight for it and the stronger player/group would farm there, since the person who died did not want to continue losing time and money. Now that the xp/crystal loss has been removed the only one who suffers is the person who is defending their spot. They still lose karma, and going red is never worth it. So now the stronger players are getting griefed by continually interrupting spawn rotations and not being able to handle them.

The game is still amazing though, and I highly recommend it to anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natrodamus View Post
    3) World PVP. The new xp weekends are great, but they also bring a flood of people to the popular spots. It used to be, someone tries to take your spot you would fight for it and the stronger player/group would farm there, since the person who died did not want to continue losing time and money. Now that the xp/crystal loss has been removed the only one who suffers is the person who is defending their spot. They still lose karma, and going red is never worth it. So now the stronger players are getting griefed by continually interrupting spawn rotations and not being able to handle them.
    I actually like this. I know it shakes up the status quo, but it also means that the old adage "The rich get richer, the poor get poorer." no longer has any bearing. Anyone can really go anywhere. Sharing is caring, after all.

Is the grind still insane in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Is the grind still insane in the game?
    The grind has grown and will continue to grow, the game is based around it.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The grind is absolutely insane.

I thought Vanilla and TBC were bad, BDO makes them look like a casualfest.

Haven't played in a while - got a few alts to 20 - 30 and my wizard to 37 but stopped playing after that. Came back to notice this new daily login thing and EXP event so I've kept at it over the weekend. I like the EXP event thing. Makes leveling up so much easier - which was my main gripe. Does this EXP thing happen frequently? Every weekend? Hope so.

Anyway, rushed my Valk from 32 to 50, spent a fair portion of the silver I got on some new gear, mostly on a Liverto Longsword because yeah sure why not. Briefly looked up a guide on where to put my skill points and that's where I'm at now. Got a terrible horse and need to get a better one so that's what I'll work on whilst learning all the other stuff I gotta do. I don't get half of how things work but I guess that's the fun of being a noob again.

And it has finally happened, Black Desert has gone pay to win. I'll be honest, I bought the $100 dollar pack and $80 worth of gems on the first month the game released. Lucky that I bought everything through PayPal and I was able to get everything refunded.

Deleted
    And it has finally happened, Black Desert has gone pay to win. I'll be honest, I bought the $100 dollar pack and $80 worth of gems on the first month the game released. Lucky that I bought everything through PayPal and I was able to get everything refunded.
    how did they make it p2w? I cba to reinstall the game to check

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    how did they make it p2w? I cba to reinstall the game to check
    they first introduced the subscription and now they're implementing being able to sell cash shop items on the market place, 5 per week. The costumes are priced at 100 million, people can sell 5 and get 500 million per week. This translates to being able to get millions of silver with real money and just buying the best gear in the game from the market place.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they first introduced the subscription and now they're implementing being able to sell cash shop items on the market place, 5 per week. The costumes are priced at 100 million, people can sell 5 and get 500 million per week. This translates to being able to get millions of silver with real money and just buying the best gear in the game from the market place.
    Where does the best gear come from? Players? Then it's not p2w. If it came from the store - that would be p2w.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Where does the best gear come from? Players? Then it's not p2w. If it came from the store - that would be p2w.
    I haven't played this game in a while, but if the best gear can be bought from the auction house then yes this is incredibly pay to win. The difference to how you define it is that you have to do a little 'workaround' instead of directly buying the best gear from the cash shop.

buy costumes with real cash -> sell costume on the auction house for in-game money -> buy good gear.

My stance:
    - I don't think that selling outfits at 100M will be reliable. One can buy a piece of boss armor with that price. I would guess one has an higher priority over the other. It might be able to put for sale, but I don't think the market will handle these that well. Same applies to other items, to a lesser degree, of course.

- It allows "free" players to get stuff they otherwise wouldn't get, be it for whatever reason, from the cash shop, via In-game earned currency.

In the end, I value customer options. Some people will value their time more than they do their money; Other people will value it the other way around. So this gives everyone their preferred choice. And then, of course, a minority will push on both sides of the fence; But life isn't fair.

Is it a good change? No, I would rather they went for a less-profitable option that wouldn't create the possibility for "pay to skip the countless hours of playtime"; But, out of the top of my head, can also think of worse ways they could have gone.

But I do not think that the game I enjoy will stop being enjoyable due to this change.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    I haven't played this game in a while, but if the best gear can be bought from the auction house then yes this is incredibly pay to win. The difference to how you define it is that you have to do a little 'workaround' instead of directly buying the best gear from the cash shop.

buy costumes with real cash -> sell costume on the auction house for in-game money -> buy good gear.
    Nope. You seem to be missing the very important nuance. There must be gear on the auction house for players to buy it. Having lots of money doesn't guarantee any purchases. Supply and demand. Prices will also skyrocket to offset the increased demand. As gear comes from players - it's a neatly working system. Everyone most certainly cannot buy all the gear they need.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, anyone have a 7 day guest pass - for EU.

I want to do a first impressions video.

If you could PM me one, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance!