15+ Year Old Account

so, Is Taria Wrynn canon?

seeing how a number of things in the warcraft movie are different from the previous lore and are thus considered canon only for the movie, do you think Taria Wrynn can be considered to be King Llane's wife and thus Varian Wrynn's mother?

edit: wrong title. should be Taria Wrynn.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-07-19 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was Anduins sister, so she was Taria Lothar.

That and Arthas' sister was called Calia (plus she'd be a similar age to varian i would think at this time).

Some searching puts Calia 4 years younger than Varian, so she'd be 6 year old in the movie (if she were in it).

For Taria Wrynn (assuming your second mention of menethil is also incorrect, not just the title) she's movie canon only, they could put her in the game, but have not yet done so, so it's not proper canon. That said, Metzen was part of her creation so they may come out and say she is/reference her ingame.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2016-07-19 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She'll probably be canon for Chronicle II. Varian needs a mom too you know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    She was Anduins sister, so she was Taria Lothar.

That and Arthas' sister was called Calia (plus she'd be a similar age to varian i would think at this time).

Some searching puts Calia 4 years younger than Varian, so she'd be 6 year old in the movie (if she were in it).

For Taria Wrynn (assuming your second mention of menethil is also incorrect, not just the title) she's movie canon only, they could put her in the game, but have not yet done so, so it's not proper canon. That said, Metzen was part of her creation so they may come out and say she is/reference her ingame.
    yeah, edited that part to be Taria Wrynn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    She'll probably be canon for Chronicle II. Varian needs a mom too you know.
    well she's still not canonized yet. I did not find her character that interesting tbh, Besides, I was kinda hoping Varians' mother to have a more interesting backstory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    yeah, edited that part to be Taria Wrynn.

- - - Updated - - -

well she's still not canonized yet. I did not find her character that interesting tbh, Besides, I was kinda hoping Varians' mother to have a more interesting backstory.
    Wat. Thats what I said?. We don't even know her backstory, the movie doesn't go into it. Shes the queen and thats all we know of her in that front. Shes diplomatic and nice, not sure what you can dicate from that whatsoever.

Oh and Lothar's sister but I'm not sure they're going to use that.

Deleted
    no she is not.

that is official.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Wat. Thats what I said?. We don't even know her backstory, the movie doesn't go into it. Shes the queen and thats all we know of her in that front. Shes diplomatic and nice, not sure what you can dicate from that whatsoever.

Oh and Lothar's sister but I'm not sure they're going to use that.
    well she's Lothars' sister...and thats it. I don't think they planned her to have a backstory considering one of the reasons of her writing was to introduce more female characters. She just doesn't strike me as a potentially interesting character, even her role is somewhat non-canonical as King Lane's assassination was followed by Stormwind's destruction and in the movie she kinda vows to lead her people against the horde.