Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Considering that outsourcing has been a thing for some time now, they're more than fair arguments to make.
    Which is even more of a reason why the EIB shouldn't have supported the venture when its remit is to act in the interests of EU member states.
    Last edited by Tinch; 2016-07-19 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Which is even more of a reason why the EIB shouldn't have supported the venture when its remit is to act in the interests of EU member states.
    Considering that investing outside the EU is common practice for the EIB (that invest in Africa, Asia and the Americas as well), the fact that they gave what 24m to Turkey is really not part of the big picture. Especially not considering that since 2000 they invested 20b (b!) into Turkey.

I guess it's not difficult to find blame, you just have to look hard enough and ignore context and I can blame everything. Hey, Germany's economical boost is stifled. Gee, thanks Britain. All of this shit just to ruin our economy. How spiteful can you be.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    The facts of the case are within the article I posted a few pages back.

People can make up their own conclusions as to whether what the EIB did was correct.
    All of that is just conjecture and no compelling argument.

Deleted
    lol
    Britain will not begin its formal divorce from the European Union by invoking Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty this year, a government lawyer told the High Court on Tuesday.
    http://www.france24.com/en/20160719-...50-theresa-may

Not sure if this deserves another thread:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...a7129801.html+

Essentially, they're bringing the Elgin Marbles thing back to the spotlight (which will probably face heavy opposition) as a rhetorical device for good publicity in the frame of EU-UK relationships going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Not sure if this deserves another thread:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...a7129801.html+

Essentially, they're bringing the Elgin Marbles thing back to the spotlight (which will probably face heavy opposition) as a rhetorical device for good publicity in the frame of EU-UK relationships going forward.
    Because that will make it all better.

A better issue to discuss would be Gibraltar...
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Because that will make it all better.
    Well, as article says, now is the best time to do it. Most people when polled agreed with giving them back, and however minute goodwill from that might be doing the right thing is still doing the right thing.

A better issue to discuss would be Gibraltar...
    Is it actually up to discussion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Well, as article says, now is the best time to do it. Most people when polled agreed with giving them back, and however minute goodwill from that might be doing the right thing is still doing the right thing.
    I was being facetious. Personally, I agree: give them back. But will it stop the French from trying to flagellate our sorry arses into a battered, bloody, apologetic mess? Of course not.

Gibraltar was 'ceded' to Britain in 1713. 95.9% of its electorate voted to Remain in the EU. I'm pretty sure this is going to cause a headache.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2016-07-19 at 10:21 PM.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Gibraltar was 'ceded' to Britain in 1713. 95.9% of its electorate voted to Remain in the EU. I'm pretty sure this is going to cause a headache.
    I don't think Gibraltar will be an issue, they'll stay with Britain. What I can see is a special clause for Gibraltar to make it easy to keep tourism going from Spain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thersam View Post
    You really should get over the fact that Britain invokes article50 when it wants to.

There's nothing the EU can do to make Britain rush.
    This is not even remotely true.
    Part of leaving the EU means you are independant and you do things in your own pace.
    Yes its very independent to say, 'i want a divorce' but then refuse to file the paperwork, move out, or do anything about it beyond talking.
    Much powerplay.

Deleted
    You really should get over the fact that Britain invokes article50 when it wants to.

Part of leaving the EU means you are independant and you do things in your own pace.

Let it go compadre. Let it go.
    Oh I dont mind. This still means insecurity for your market. And every month that goes in this uncertain situation is a month your stability takes a hit.
    And for that, I thank you.

Deleted
    We are doing fine.

I accept your thanks. Take whatever gain you think you have.

And then get over it.

The British people are winners and honourable. They will defend themselves to their last breath. Its the cowards that hide behind the EU curtain.
    Of course you are doing fine.
    Think the british people in all its pride and honor and ridiculous nationalism are above the great game of market stability and global economy?

Not really. But since they vehemently voted remain, they're back in the public eye.
    Should the UK ever relinquish Gibraltar, it would first be offered to Spain as per the treaty. The UN considers it non-regulated (colonized), but the UK doesn't talk about decolonization: it instead prefers self-determination doctrine. The people on the rock don't want to change their arrangement, so the UK doesn't have to do anything at all on that front.
    Essentially, too many words and refusal to trigger anything that would change the status quo. Just like art50.

Deleted
    So Thersam is RishiB's new account name?

Deleted
    Yes.

De-centralisation serves local needs.

Your problem is that you think all vote leavers are far right extremusts.

It has turned you into a far left loon.

Extremism never wins. The sensible middle shines through.
    Ahah yes ok you are above the rules of global economy. Ok.

I never said anything about voters so keep your standard replies for other posters please

15+ Year Old Account

Let it go compadre. Let it go.
    That´s like the 4th or 5th account you´re using in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ahah yes ok you are above the rules of global economy. Ok.
    Economy is there to serve people; people are not there to serve economy.

And if economy doesn't serve people enough for them to feel current arrangement is worth it, that's failure of economy, not people.

And failures have to be corrected.

And eventually they will be... after everything else is tried first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    So Thersam is RishiB's new account name?
    I was just about to ask that myself, but then I just noticed one other poster who uses the same style...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I was just about to ask that myself, but then I just noticed one other poster who uses the same style...
    It's not just the style. It's the post count and the total disregard of logic.

funny thing is ... all of the leave campaign "political heroes" are out and ... still ... no independence day ), where is the big red button to push, it's so silly, they were like, " if we win we get out tomorrow " ... but here they are, still licking the "boots" of EU )