Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, it just feels like Disc is doing 50% of the healing that it should be doing. Spamming Shadow Mend is just barely keeping the tank alive. As in, tank's health is jumping around between 10% and 40% the entire time, and the DPS are having to fend for themselves because I don't have a single spare GCD to heal them.

The mechanics seem fine, it's just the numbers that are horribly undertuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    That's...really dumb. Why even have Atonement if you never use it unless you massively outgear the content?

I think being 40 ilvls above the recommended ilvl is "massively
    Atonement is a group heal. It's not meant to do strong ST healing. Hence SM spam.

And mythic are tuned for 685, so you're 15 ilvls above it. You outgear it, but not massively. If you were 742, that would be a different story.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    And mythic are tuned for 685, so you're 15 ilvls above it. You outgear it, but not massively. If you were 742, that would be a different story.
    Recommend ilvl for mythics is 660 mate. Unless they changed it with the pre patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Recommend ilvl for mythics is 660 mate. Unless they changed it with the pre patch.
    What? I could've swore it was 685. Oh well nvm then.

Oh yeah I guess it drops 685 gear. It would be dumb for it to be tuned to 685.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Atonement is a group heal. It's not meant to do strong ST healing. Hence SM spam.

I am 742, and have been playing Disc on beta for the last month. It's frankly awful right now compared to 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareturtle View Post
    I am 742, and have been playing Disc on beta for the last month. It's frankly awful right now compared to 110.
    I have had literally zero issues, even when doing a few with pugs.

Eh? I did a few Mythic dungeons and had to heal my tank with Shadow Mend... once? Twice? I'm not even using Grace and just am just facerolling everything. I don't understand how it could be hard unless you're playing with a tank that's mass pulling everything while not knowing how to play their new spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Eh? I did a few Mythic dungeons and had to heal my tank with Shadow Mend... once? Twice? I'm not even using Grace and just am just facerolling everything. I don't understand how it could be hard unless you're playing with a tank that's mass pulling everything while not knowing how to play their new spec.
    Possibly, I have raid soon so we'll see how it does there.

The dungeon we were doing was Shadowmoon and we weren't mass pulling or anything, just regularly doing 1 trash pack at a time...tank was getting absolutely destroyed and I was having to spam Shadow Mend nonstop just to keep him up. Same thing on the 1st boss, he was getting melee'd for 15-20% of his health and the group-wide AoE thing that the boss does was hitting the whole group for like 70-80% health over its duration, and each Smite/Penance tick was only healing like 1-2% health on each Atonement.

Seriously, Disc feels broken right now. Heals for barely anything. On my 710 Mistweaver I'm steamrolling Mythics no problem, but on my 701 Disc I'm insanely struggling just to keep the tank above 50% health, with not a single spare GCD to heal anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The dungeon we were doing was Shadowmoon and we weren't mass pulling or anything, just regularly doing 1 trash pack at a time...tank was getting absolutely destroyed and I was having to spam Shadow Mend nonstop just to keep him up. Same thing on the 1st boss, he was getting melee'd for 15-20% of his health and the group-wide AoE thing that the boss does was hitting the whole group for like 70-80% health over its duration, and each Smite/Penance tick was only healing like 1-2% health on each Atonement.

Seriously, Disc feels broken right now. Heals for barely anything. On my 710 Mistweaver I'm steamrolling Mythics no problem, but on my 701 Disc I'm insanely struggling just to keep the tank above 50% health, with not a single spare GCD to heal anyone else.
    Sounds like a problem with your group not playing correctly. Health pools haven't changed and that aoe always only tickled even on Mythic as long as you don't stand directly under it, and there's absolutely no way that boss should be meleeing the tank for 15-20% of his health.

Did you miss the whole hubbub about how tanks are losing a lot of mitigation and have to rely more heavily on healers now? Because that's a thing. If you think that tanks are going to be taking as little damage now as they did before 7.0, you're extremely misinformed.

Just tried M Shadowmoon again, and it went somewhat better. But only because the tank (Warrior) was somehow popping 250k absorbs on himself over and over.

I still kinda struggled to keep the group up at times, but I wasn't having to spam Shadow Mend nonstop like the last time.

It's definitely a shitload harder than Monk healing, that's for sure. Mistweaver seems to put out a ton more healing, both ST and AoE.

Ran a M Bloodmaul and it was also pretty not-too-hard.

But still, damage taken in Shadowmoon seemed a lot higher, not just on the tank but on everyone.

And finally, M Grimrail...lots and lots of having to spam Shadowmend and barely keeping people alive.

Yeah, I think I'm going to stick to my Monk until Legion releases. Not looking forward to being underpowered due to lack of artifact.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-07-20 at 03:09 AM.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone! I'm just dropping by to help the ones like me who have Elvui but "Atonement" Buff wasnt showing on raid / party frames. It took me a while to find the spell id because it always went to the passive. I've finally found it and it does work once you put it in the Filter.

The spell id is 194384

Now I don't know if everyone has this issue that uses Elvui or if it was just me. I hope it helps

So what trinkets are you guys going with now? I currently have Mythic Socketed Kilrog trinket, heroic PoF and heroic Phylactery. Which trinkets do you recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    So what trinkets are you guys going with now? I currently have Mythic Socketed Kilrog trinket, heroic PoF and heroic Phylactery. Which trinkets do you recommend.
    Phylactery is 100% required right now because it makes Plea basically free. I THINK the Iskar trinket is 2nd BiS but BoA, Kilrogg, and PoF are all acceptable choices as well.

And our stat weights are haste>crit>mast>vers?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    And our stat weights are haste>crit>mast>vers?
    Vers > mastery too. Mastery doesn't have any effect on our non-atonement heals, so it's quite poor for us. As long as you're trying to stack haste and crit you'll do fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    this guide has useful information, but I cant say I agree with majority of the content written in the guide

discipline priest in 7.0 should play just like its name indicated, you need to have "discipline".....its strictly a heal->dps->heal->dps->heal rotation to maximize dps and hps
    No, it isn't. Doing a rotation like that is pretty terrible and will result in you doing half of everyone else's healing. You're welcome to post reasoning and evidence for this ridiculous idea being optimal of course.
    While I'm not sure exactly what rotation woodside had in mind, I used a rotation similar to what I've described on this forum last night in heroic HFC to reasonable effect, despite the terrible lack of a decent UI such as even atonement timers and my operational newness to the spec changes.

It turns out, that despite Totaltotemic's assurance to the contrary, a rotation featuring several atonement applications followed by Schism, Penance, and a Smite sequence actually does good healing. Multiple people have noted the "high mana cost" of Schism, which is strange since it's cheaper than Penance and has higher throughput. Given that Schism does work, it's fine for use, and helps beef up the dps part of the rotation. Without Schism during the pre-patch in which we have nothing to decrease the cooldown of Penance, Schism provides a 2nd spell with high throughput, and for those who hate rotations while preferring a "priority system", Schism has the added benefit of a 6 second cooldown, compared to Penance's 9 seconds.

This will change somewhat in Legion, where Penance receives a few artifact buffs, thus increasing it's value (and the value of Castigation) relative to Schism.

I rarely used Power Word: Radiance, mostly because it was rarely needed, and certain fights were tight on mana.

Here's the raid's Log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2#type=healing

50 Shadow Mend, 20 PWS and 5 radiance. I was expecting more Atonement sources for raid healing. Or were you focusing on Tank and specific players ?

Phylactery is 100% required right now because it makes Plea basically free. I THINK the Iskar trinket is 2nd BiS but BoA, Kilrogg, and PoF are all acceptable choices as well.
    Well I'd like to correct you on this one.
    There was a time on PTR/Beta when the mana consumption formular for plea was something like (0.36% mana (576 on 100) - Phylactery) * (1 + #atonements).

But the latest build actually fixed this resulting in0.36% mana (576 on 100)) * (1 + #atonements) - Phylactery

Therefore Plea just costs (0.36% mana (576 on 100)) * (#atonements) -1 mana.

Yet I agree that it's the must hace trinket. For the second one I would suggest piston (int/haste/crit) or Chipped Soul prism from kazzak rolled 720+ which has mainstat + every secondary stat

Edit: Assuming 735 Phylactery (577 mana reduction)
    Last edited by Immortalem; 2016-07-20 at 10:33 AM.