Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    Multistrike becomes haste with the patch so there's plenty of haste around.
    multistrike becomes haste, crit or mastery depending on the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Is this updated for the patch. Should Unholy be gemming Haste and should the talents be as the guide says? I know next to some it says *UPDATED*, but I'm not sure when that was.
    Last edited by Sflame; 2016-07-19 at 07:02 PM.

As of right now here is the best talent selection to run with current tuning.
    56: Ebon Fever>AWS>>>>>>Bursting Sores
    Ebon Fever is just flat out better due to numbers currently, AWS skulker doesn't hit hard enough.

57: Epidemic(AOE)=Pestilent Pustules(ST)>BRW
    Epidemic for AOE or spread targets, PP for single target

58: CS>Anything else in this tier
    Clawing shadows is just too good to even contemplate taking anything else.

60: SB>anyhting else in this tier
    All options don't have any dps increase however, SB can hook adds.

75: Subjective based on the fight and preference
    Take what is needed for the fight.

90: Shadow Infusion>Infected Claws>>>>>>Necrosis(damage boost just isn't worth the management)
    So Shadow Infusion will keep your DT up for longer which no longer applies to our set bonus by increasing our own damage so uptime is still needed but does nothing for us, only for our pet. Infected Claws numerically is worse but isn't bad per se.

100: DA>=SR>>>Defile
    This tier is very simple, if you have legendary ring you take DA and pump DC's into enemies to boost your DA for a bigger ring explosion. SR is not behind by much but once you account for the ring it loses out. However, testing shows with more than one Dark Arbiter usage SR will actually be very comparable and sometimes even have higher numbers due to the consistency of the talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...in this week's edition of, "Are the Devs Even Fucking Playing This Game?"
    7/7M 2/3M Spriest, Mage

What about enchanting and gem stats? Mastery or Haste?

Do you still use DA for heavy AoE fights, or does Defile pull ahead?

Deleted
    Defile is Rip currently.

Deleted
    Defile requires too much time to be viable, as it's only good when it gives you 10 stacks of Mastery. Stuff is dead by then, plus the damage itself is garbage.

DA is nuts combined with Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxz19 View Post
    As of right now here is the best talent selection to run with current tuning.
    56: Ebon Fever>AWS>>>>>>Bursting Sores
    Ebon Fever is just flat out better due to numbers currently, AWS skulker doesn't hit hard enough.
    Even with the T18 Unholy 2-piece, Ebon Fever is better?

I know they got nerfed to hell but what is the best HFC Trinkets for single target and aoe? I also have Mythic Vial.
    Last edited by skmage; 2016-07-19 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    @Skjaldborg If you are talking about AWS i don't think t18 works on it but not 100 % sure about it.
    @skmage Most likely BoA trinket vs Demons + Skull of War, if not demon Skull of War + Stone of the Elements (both fully upgraded ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tegu View Post
    @skmage Most likely BoA trinket vs Demons + Skull of War, if not demon Skull of War + Stone of the Elements (both fully upgraded ofc)
    Thanks for the reply. What if I am unable to get both crafted trinkets. Just M:HFC, heirloom and M:Vial. I don't feel like paying 40k for them on the AH.

Deleted
    maybe this http://i.imgur.com/7xJDPMZ.png would help you more or less, credit to TheQ for the work.

I've been sitting at the Acherus raid dummy for the last 3 hours swapping in and out of the 2-piece, and the Skulker always does about 7.2% of my damage. The lowest I've seen was 7.0% of my damage, and the highest I've seen was 7.3%. So I guess the 2-piece really doesn't effect the AWS extra minion. Furthermore, it doesn't seem to effect Dark Arbiter, either - she always did about 11% of my damage, though it varied more than the Skulker thanks to differences in RP RNG. Abom did 15% of my damage without 2 piece and 20% with 4-piece, though, so of course he still works.

However, AWS and Ebon Fever seem to be doing roughly the same amount of damage in this anecdotal case. AWS is certainly easier to manage.

Arbiter and Skulker are guardians. Not pets like the ghoul/belcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    I've been sitting at the Acherus raid dummy for the last 3 hours swapping in and out of the 2-piece, and the Skulker always does about 7.2% of my damage. The lowest I've seen was 7.0% of my damage, and the highest I've seen was 7.3%. So I guess the 2-piece really doesn't effect the AWS extra minion. Furthermore, it doesn't seem to effect Dark Arbiter, either - she always did about 11% of my damage, though it varied more than the Skulker thanks to differences in RP RNG. Abom did 15% of my damage without 2 piece and 20% with 4-piece, though, so of course he still works.

However, AWS and Ebon Fever seem to be doing roughly the same amount of damage in this anecdotal case. AWS is certainly easier to manage.
    As you said "sitting at the Acherus raid dummy", Skulker is unreliable when you move, and since he got nerfed to oblivion, ebon fever is better almost on all HFC fights.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfie1d View Post
    As you said "sitting at the Acherus raid dummy", Skulker is unreliable when you move, and since he got nerfed to oblivion, ebon fever is better almost on all HFC fights.
    Ah, didn't know about that movement aspect. Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Before raid I did a few H pugs and was in a panic cause I could not break 80k on H Manny and Arch with warious frost specs.

Went to Acherus and tried many combos on the boss dummy. With BoS frost I hit 100-110k... So I tried UH. Have not put in a single hour on beta or PTR with new UH.

Had no fucking clue to what I was doing and bursted 286k on the dummy with Dark Arbiter. So 20 minutes before raid I tried to learn UH fast. Came in first on M Assault (gearing class changing people) and Reaver. Barely any mobs on Assault were in my DnD cause tanks are assholes still. Clawing Shadows was fun from afar.

Looking at the trinket sims on the google doc I went Mythic Vial and EDH/UeH. at the start I did army then two FS the 1 button macro orc racial, vial, and DA then spammed DCs. Then did the rest. Could not figure out Epidemic so I assumed it was like Blood Boil and hit it when Outbreak was on everything.

Went Frost on Council to see cause I fucked up on Komrok hands AoE and Frost did better then I saw earlier in the day.

Myself and the other two DKs were tied all night after Assault, cause I kicked his ass and had no clue how I did lol.

anyways check the Mooniara video. Gem and chant for Haste. Mythic Vial is still good for the Haste on use and start to farm Lord Kazzakstan again for that stupid stat stick we all ditched the 2nd day of Tanaan Jungle. I used the google doc and youtube as a TOOL, not set in stone law and went out and tried everything. I suggest you all do the same. results will vary. on the beta i cant find two DKs spec'd the exact same way. all personal preference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtNovgvUI0
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Fully upgraded skull of war + stone of elements are the best trinks for unholy right now. Heirloom isn't bad either but the two trinks I mentioned earlier beats out even the boa trink vs demons according to the sims in the unholy dk legion faq linked above. I'm running full haste gems/ enchants and my talent set up is bursting sores, blighted rune weap, clawing shadows, sludge belcher, corpse shield, infected claws and dark arbiter for single target. I was able to burst 350-400k on target dummy in Ws at 739 ilvl. Judging from what everyone else is saying about ebon fever, I have to do more pulls to see if that talent pulls ahead. I like bursting sores for more dmg from festering wounds and I don't have to use as many runes reapplying outbreak since virulent plague ticks at the normal speed. I also like infected claws because of the cleave that the belcher does when in DT. It cleaves and applies festering wounds to multi targets as well as maining at least 5 fw on a single target mostly all the time. My pets cleave attack is the 3rd most damaging ability I have, am I doing it wrong? It just seemed like the smoothest playstyle I've tried but I definitely need to do more pulls to test out different set ups.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-07-20 at 03:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As far as the google doc says about trinkets, Cursed Plume is lower then Mythic Unending Hunger and Mythic Vial....

If I am taking Claws of Shadow and Anzu's procs a lot shooting Mastery to around 70%, wouldn't it make it slightly higher on the sim list? 3 PPM for 15 seconds. Talent Infected Claws so wounds stack faster and spam CS.. Is it the Versatility that makes is not as good?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Haste just feels really good right now, and any DK who has done beta that I've asked via my friends list thinks that the haste also makes up for our lack of Scourge the Unbeliever right now.