PREPATCH vs ARCHIMONDE

Hey warlocks.

Plenty of us are going to do our weekly mythic Mannoroth -> Archimonde routine. As we all know, or at least most of us, next reset is already pre-patch.

So... which specs do you predict you're going to play? And which talents?

I'm going to play Destruction on both Mannoroth and Archimonde. My talents setup:

Level 15: Mannoroth and Archimonde: Either Backdraft or Shadowburn, no idea really, both are key spells. No shadowburn means much slower shard generation, no backdraft means that Destruction feels like playing a tank.

Level 30: Cataclysm for Mannoroth, Reverse Entropy for Archimonde

Level 45: Shadowfury for Mannoroth, Demon Skin for Archimonde

Level 60: Eradication for probably both Mannoroth and Archimonde as Imps in my raid die (used to die?) really quickly and Soul Harvest seems bad to me. But dunno yet, maybe Soul Harvest will combo really well with Ring.

Level 75: Demonic Circle for both Mannoroth and Archimonde as our tactic doesn't requires "specific" kind of mobility.

Level 90: GoSac for Mannoroth for hopefully Imps proc, Service for Archimonde.

Level 100: Archimonde definitely Wreak Havoc, Mannoroth either Wreak Havoc or Soul Conduit since Channel Demonfire in its current state is completely useless, imo ofc.

What about you guys? What talents do you guys think you're going to use?

:-) Feedback appreciated

I was literally just thinking of making this same thread. I was actually about to screw around on beta for a bit tho to look at talents and stuff more, so I'll check back in later.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

my destro damage on PTR was a good 15-20% below aff and demo, and while we get 100% cleave with Wreck Havoc not sure with those fights it is worth going. I will probably try demo since prepatch it actually was feeling good and I probably wont have a chance to play it in Legion, and do aff the 2nd week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    my destro damage on PTR was a good 15-20% below aff and demo, and while we get 100% cleave with Wreck Havoc not sure with those fights it is worth going. I will probably try demo since prepatch it actually was feeling good and I probably wont have a chance to play it in Legion, and do aff the 2nd week.

I'll play destru on siege, council, killrog, gorefiend, xul'horac, velhari

wreak havoc seem really good on these fights, for rest of the raid I'll be demo probably.

Level 100: Archimonde definitely Wreak Havoc, Mannoroth either Wreak Havoc or Soul Conduit since Channel Demonfire in its current state is completely useless, imo ofc.
    Something interesting I found. PoF works with demonfire. Each bolt triggers doom. Don't know if this means PoF is better than other trinket options, but I'm thinking of trying it

I'm not a mythic raider but i've always hated the Archimonde fight even on just heroic just because of all the movement affecting my dps. I don't even want to think how much more i'm going to hate it when i don't have both circle and rush.

I know I used dest for these fights before, and after the prepatch it seems to be about the same. Though with actually playing about with the specs might change this.

Deleted
    We have 3 warlocks atm so I've been playing affliction on manno + archi farm for months now, feels pointless playing destro after the imps are sorted since aff provides plenty more dps on the burn phases and comparable damage to big adds.

Doubt I'm going to be changing unless affs performance is really bad in the pre-patch.

The thread about UA behaving oddly has me a tad nervous though.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-07-18 at 12:24 PM.

After a long brake from raiding, we'll go back to hfc for 2 raids to try out the new changes to our specs.
    Since i never got to raid with those specs on Beta/Alpha, I'll probably go with Demo the first raid and then Aff on the second raid to play a bit more around with both of em.
    Not gonna go with destro, since I really dislike the spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    If HoG imp generation stays absurd with Arch trinket+setbonus and stuff — definitely demo, second week... Not sure, prob aff since I don't wanna play destro at all.

Well, either I really suck at new Affliction or... Destruction is really doing more Single Target damage than Affliction. Providing that you look at Enemy Damage Taken instead of Damage Done, because Soul Effigy is bugged with Skada. Skada counts damage done to Soul Effigy and it should not.

And Archimonde, there's almost 24/7 something to cleave, especially Death Caller staying alive 24/7, or even Doomfire, Infernals (with extremely high priority), Source of Chaos, 55% phase adds, Void Stars.

If Destruction is doing more damage than Affliction for me, I just cannot see how possibly Affliction can be better than Destruction.

Demonology - haven't tested, might be much better than other specs or much worse, no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    If HoG imp generation stays absurd with Arch trinket+setbonus and stuff — definitely demo, second week... Not sure, prob aff since I don't wanna play destro at all.
    Imp proc rate is nerfed on the trinket. Think its 88% on the mythic 2/2 upgraded on live and its 61% on the ptr atm.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking the same.

Deleted

when you say setbonus, you mean the 2t17 right ? which part of the set do you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Imp proc rate is nerfed on the trinket. Think its 88% on the mythic 2/2 upgraded on live and its 61% on the ptr atm.
    But HoG is casted a lot more frequently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Equip Mythic Archimonde Trinket, take Soul Conduit, proceed spamming the crap out of HoGs and Implosions.

simulationcraft.org RIP????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    We have 3 warlocks atm so I've been playing affliction on manno + archi farm for months now, feels pointless playing destro after the imps are sorted since aff provides plenty more dps on the burn phases and comparable damage to big adds.

Doubt I'm going to be changing unless affs performance is really bad in the pre-patch.

The thread about UA behaving oddly has me a tad nervous though.
    Guy who made some posts in that other thread here, UA behaves exactly as you would expect now (2 UA = 1 UA + 1 UA damage, always). I did however notice that the damage it dealt was considerably lower than what the tooltip said (100k dealt, 110k listed on PvP character, and 180k dealt, 220k listed on PvE character).

Aff should be nearly unkillable with siphon life + drain life as filler though, so that is kinda neat. Looking forward to trying out all the changes tomorrow in Europe.