Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I believe the Advanced Interface Options addon is what you're probably looking for. I have no clue what options they managed to add back in though.
    Thanks, will definitely check it out

Yeah, "ruined it". I'll unsub because i can no longer see useless stats on my character panel! Damn you, Blizzard!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why? Base movement speed is 100%. Add your mount's speed and there ya go.
    I'd swear the Speed tertiary is still in the game, and that there are speed talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I'd swear the Speed tertiary is still in the game, and that there are speed talents.
    Let the casual be. They don't concern themselves of scenarios that may require additional movement speed.

It does completely ruin it. I need to know how much Intellect my Death Knight has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    How does removing the display of stats that do not benefit you in any way "ruin" it
    imo they oversimplified the gearing and stats on characters,

- quests give only things you can use (no decision making. boom get this item and wear it)
    - you pretty much are forced to only wear your gear type (ie hunters wear mail)
    - stats are streamlined. Pretty much no decision making. Just use what a hunter uses.
    - not as many enchants to customize your stats

I remember before you had to pick and choose your gear to hit certain caps (hit cap, armor pen etc). Also had to chose the best enchants. Sometimes you could specialize your character a certain way (stacking haste, crit or whatever). There was a certain complexity to min/maxing the way you gear up.

Now its just:
    ok hunters have agility, crit, haste, mastery, versality. And you don't even get to choose how to customize those stats for the most part. What's the point of stats anymore? Just remove them altogether if you're going to make this so simple and remove all the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Let the casual be. They don't concern themselves of scenarios that may require additional movement speed.
    "Casual" LOL Made my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why? Base movement speed is 100%. Add your mount's speed and there ya go.
    That's an incredibly simple way to look at it.
    You forget passive movement speeds from talents, active abilities, temporary or zone buffs, mounts. Etc
    It's nice to see what stacks and what doesn't and how fast you can go.

The only thing I miss is movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    Yeah, "ruined it". I'll unsub because i can no longer see useless stats on my character panel! Damn you, Blizzard!
    Holy fucking strawman

not defending the new stat UI thing but

why do you want to know about stats useless to you?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    imo they oversimplified the gearing and stats on characters,

- quests give only things you can use (no decision making. boom get this item and wear it)
    - you pretty much are forced to only wear your gear type (ie hunters wear mail)
    - stats are streamlined. Pretty much no decision making. Just use what a hunter uses.
    - not as many enchants to customize your stats

I remember before you had to pick and choose your gear to hit certain caps (hit cap, armor pen etc). Also had to chose the best enchants. Sometimes you could specialize your character a certain way (stacking haste, crit or whatever). There was a certain complexity to min/maxing the way you gear up.

Now its just:
    ok hunters have agility, crit, haste, mastery, versality. And you don't even get to choose how to customize those stats for the most part. What's the point of stats anymore? Just remove them altogether if you're going to make this so simple and remove all the decision making.
    Right, decision making.

I am sorry, but the fact that DKP bidding on an item took forever because the three rogues in the guild had to punch in the new items stats into a spreadsheet to make sure they didn't go over a hard cap (hit) or a soft cap is certainly decision making.

I punched this into the spreadsheet I created, and it spat out the optimal answer is NOT decision making. Decision making is: I like higher energy regen, so I am going to focus on haste over crit and mastery. These are decision you can still make and should still make.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Right, decision making.

I am sorry, but the fact that DKP bidding on an item took forever because the three rogues in the guild had to punch in the new items stats into a spreadsheet to make sure they didn't go over a hard cap (hit) or a soft cap is certainly decision making.

I punched this into the spreadsheet I created, and it spat out the optimal answer is NOT decision making. Decision making is: I like higher energy regen, so I am going to focus on haste over crit and mastery. These are decision you can still make and should still make.
    They took a lot of the choice from players, not only gear wise but in general. (just look at the pruning, the character stat page, the removed interface options, they are just removing a lot of choice and customization from the player). Gear wise they also did this. Before you could greatly influence your play style with gear. Want to go all in dps glass cannon in bgs? Go full pve gear, maybe a couple of pvp pieces for the bonus and a pvp trinket. Want to be a tank in bgs? Gem full resil, stam etc. Want to go full crit as a fire mage? Gem full crit with enchants etc. Now there is very little to influence your gear. Almost every lvl 100 hunter is the same, only thing differentiating them is ilvl. Again this isn't only true for gear, it's true for wow in general. Everything feels streamlined.