Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Again can someone explain to me why we should even care whether Warcraft turned a profit?! Obviously a sequel can happen for any movie, whether they lost or had a profit!

When someone makes something I like, I want them to make money. The sequel may happen and it may even do well, but if it doesn't, I don't see this being a thing.

What investor is gonna get excited to pay for a film they kno will lose them money?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How is it lying?
    DOM Box office @17.07: $47M
    WW Box office @17.07: $385M
    Movie budget: $160M

That is 270%.
    Like I said, outright lying is never good argument, camrip troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    What investor is gonna get excited to pay for a film they kno will lose them money?
    Fox with the F4 movies.

Why would an American company worry about foreign market? Only domestic box office matters, as there is the maximum profit for them.

Fox with the F4 movies.
    The first two movies were successful and had more than 100% their budget in the box office. (and 330%/220% total).
    30% is an abysmal number.

Also, if you keep insulting me by repeating your idiotic "camrip" statement that had been debunked, I will report you.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-07-17 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Just got my Movie book today!

That better be a missprint, otherwise somebody's gonna get kicked for this.
    Saw that too

Deleted
    Why would an American company worry about foreign market? Only domestic box office matters, as there is the maximum profit for them.
    Yes, why would a company worry about money? Indeed, what a silly notion from my part, I apologise.

Your moving goalposts are hilarious, but just go away camrip troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you keep insulting me by repeating your idiotic "camrip" statement that had been debunked, I will report you.
    Please do, I dare you. Remember, mods can check edited posts and it will straight your lies once and for all.

At the end of the day, it is up to Universal, Legendary and Blizzard whether they wanna dig down into another movie. Not us. Whatever us or any camrip trolls say, it doesn't matter. They are the ones with the actual numbers and THEY know how the movie turned out. Maybe Duncan know as well, but he is probably not allowed to talk about it in public :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Saw that too
    And what's even worse, that they really are translated as night elves to other languages as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Your post is quite literally just calling your opinion about a trailer a "fact".
    It's quite a fact indeed. Not that it was the best thing ever, just that it was easily better than the two released trailers. But indeed, anyone who thinks that dubstep music is way more fitting for a Warcraft trailer can be my guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Just got my Movie book today!

Finely detailed showing the vision of how he movie was supposed to be instead of cut mess that we've got.

Then... I saw this:

That better be a missprint, otherwise somebody's gonna get kicked for this.
    I saw this a while back.

appear in the film as delegates to the kingdom of Stormwind.
    Those are high elves. It's definitely a misprint.

So what well known actors would you like to see in a sequel? I personally don't want a ton of them, but if I should pick someone, it should be Chris Pratt. He's in a ton of stuff lately and he's a good actor! In fact I'd actually like to see him in an motion capture role! Maybe an orc? Again, its a good way to not show off famous actors, but still have them on board! Like Clancy Brown! He was amazing as Blackhand!

So what well known actors would you like to see in a sequel? I personally don't want a ton of them, but if I should pick someone, it should be Chris Pratt. He's in a ton of stuff lately and he's a good actor! In fact I'd actually like to see him in an motion capture role! Maybe an orc? Again, its a good way to not show off famous actors, but still have them on board! Like Clancy Brown! He was amazing as Blackhand!
    If they go the Warcraft 2 route, I'd like some actor with a lot of gravity for Terenas, like Liam Cunningham.

Someone young but charming for Turalyon, like Nicholas Hoult.

Somone intense and intimidating for Ner'zhul, like Vincent Cassel.

And definitely Toby Kebbell for Thrall.

None of them are extremely famous like Chris Pratt. I think that's a bit unrealistic for Warcraft 2, given the small success of the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If they go the Warcraft 2 route, I'd like some actor with a lot of gravity for Terenas, like Liam Cunningham.

None of them are extremely famous like Chris Pratt. I think that's a bit unrealistic for Warcraft 2, given the small success of the first one.
    I say Charels Dance as King Theranes. He'd be a perfect fit.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-07-18 at 07:29 PM.

I saw Charels Dance as King Theranes. He'd be a perfect fit.
    I don't want Arthas and Calia to...

...nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

The original trilogy by Duncan should be Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness and then the parts of Warcraft 3 that is about Thrall growing up among humans as a gladiator, finding the Frostwolves and Ogrim, Orgrim dieing at the present site of Hammerfall in a big battle, Thrall and Hellscream liberating the Orcs from the Legion and Thrall founding Durotar and Orgrimmar as their new home. Those stories work as a complete story for a trilogy of films.

So with that being my hope and expectation, Ner'zhul won't be cast because he won't be in either Warcraft 2 or 3. Thrall won't be in Warcraft 2 so no need to cast him at the moment, though I don't like the idea of recycling Toby Kebbel. By the time they get to Warcraft 3 where they need to cast him they should find someone young, not very established and sign him on a Marvel-type contract. Hopefully if Warcraft 2 does way better than the first movie they can go on and do stuff like that.

That leaves us with Terenas and Turalyon having to be cast for Warcraft 2. Charles Dance is definitely too old, as we don't know yet when Warcraft 5 is released and Arthas "succeeds" his father. I like the idea of Liam for that role, hadn't thought of that myself. He fits the bill definitely.

I think Turalyon should be where they throw their money in terms of actors for Warcraft 2. They should try to win over the US audience, and it seems that a big star is what works best in the US for drawing in the audience. Nicholas Hoult is a terrible choice. Too young for Turalyon, he is supposed to be general and a great warrior at this point. I think Chris Hemsworth fits the bill perfectly for Turalyon, and he is a big name who will be looking for something else after he (probobly) retires Thor after Infinity War. He is young enough to come back in future installments too, first and foremost Warcraft 4 (which would be the adaption of Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal should things progress the way I would want them to).

Hmm, I wouldnt say so.
    Charles Dance strikes me as the actor that has a lot of "presene" so to speak.
    Terenas was a typicla good guy king but doesnt quite match.

Charles Dance would be a better Tirion or Uther for me, someon on the front lines

- - - Updated - - -

Also it seems Activision Blizzard just formed their own film production studios for "series and mvoies".
    Hopwe we get something good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Samuel L. Jackson as Vol'Motherfucking'Jin.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Just wondering, if Toby shouldn't be Thrall, then who should get the role?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Just wondering, if Toby shouldn't be Thrall, then who should get the role?
    What do you mean with "Toby shouldn't be Thrall"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    That leaves us with Terenas and Turalyon having to be cast for Warcraft 2.
    There will be no Turalyon. There was no second war. He was a small character in WAR2 expansion campaign, that's all.

I could see Charles Dance as Perenolde or Greymane. Terenas is noble, he's the typical good guy king. Liam Cunningham looks a bit roguish, I'd rather see him as Admiral Proudmoore.

Charles Dance is more like the wise but ruthless king. He'd fit Alterac, Gilneas or Stromgarde fine. Terenas, not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, is it that impossible for Chris Metzen to be Thrall?

Green Jesus shit aside, the guy voiced Thrall in Warcraft3, WoW and ( I think ) the Warcraft RPG: Lord of the clans.

Is it that hard to do motion capture? I'd want him to voice Thrall in the movies as well.