Uninstalling a language

For addon testing, I had the bnet client install two other locales for WoW, but I finally noticed after the patch that my WoW's Data folder is nearly 57GB while people seem to have 30ish since the patch. Before CASC, there were locale folders, but the entire Data folder is just data and index files. There is nothing in the patch folder.

How do I uninstall languages? If it's not the language files making my install large, what else is?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

My wow is at 51GB atm and my Beta is at 42.5GB, i only have normal install didn't install other languages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    For addon testing, I had the bnet client install two other locales for WoW, but I finally noticed after the patch that my WoW's Data folder is nearly 57GB while people seem to have 30ish since the patch. Before CASC, there were locale folders, but the entire Data folder is just data and index files. There is nothing in the patch folder.

How do I uninstall languages? If it's not the language files making my install large, what else is?
    AFAIK, you can't uninstall them, the only way to get rid of them is to redownload whole client.

What else you say. Well, there's an issue w/ CASC format, there's no way to remove obsolete data, so blizz just keep it there, ignore it and download needed files anew. Originally they were planning to add cleaning feature, but... you know...
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-07-20 at 02:58 AM.

Not exactly a necro, because it's my own thread.

Once again, I installed another language for addon testing. The answer is to select "Modify Install" on the gear icon next to WoW's "PLAY" button on the bnet client. Unselect the languages you don't want.

It's been six years and I'm not even sure if this was the answer before, I don't remember how fleshed out the bnet client was back then, but it's the answer now.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I had 8 languages installed, thank you so much!