Are the servers down for anyone else?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    @Vanya you have a Mime and a Pikachu. I'm kinda jelly.
    The mime was completely random.

Cycling on a dirt path through 2 miles of grain-fields and my phone buzzes, finding that thing there made no sense lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Yup, seems to be down at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found for the last at least 4 days they've been spotty/down a lot between 2pm and 7-9pm uk time. (it's just after 9pm at time of posting this, for reference)

It's caused me to miss out on at least about 4 hours of hunting/walking for egg hatching etc. Time that I was walking anyway, but couldn't play

Don't want to find out. I have my app open spinning on a record player Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do rather wish they'd re-enable the footprints thing so I can go hunting properly, I've seen a number of silhouettes I never find, especially Staryu, seems every day she pops up on my finder and never stumbled across her.

Saw my first Cubone silhouette today too, also seen a Ninetails (i think, mighta been vulpix) and a Clefairy. Magikarp too, they seem common as piss for how often I see a silhouette and never found one >.<

Wonder how many months it'll take before they'll release Gold & Silver expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep losing my GPS signal when I'm not moving or put my phone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I keep losing my GPS signal when I'm not moving or put my phone down.
    Surprisingly, it's not an AFK game. Let teh screen shut down for too long and the app has stopped.

I think the better question would be something like "has anyone been able to log in today?"
    I kinda like the game, when it works.. Ever since the European release I've only been able to play for few minutes per day and only during work hours. Couldn't get it the whole weekend, yesterday evening not until midnight and right now it's still not possible to load the game. I'm not expecting five nines uptime, not even 2 nines, but somewhere above 50% would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the deal with those fluttering leaves you occasionally see on the map?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    What's the deal with those fluttering leaves you occasionally see on the map?
    Supposed to represent a Pokemon near the area. I haven't exactly mastered it myself but if you got enough room to walk in a decent area around the shuffling grass a Pokemon "should" spawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Supposed to represent a Pokemon near the area. I haven't exactly mastered it myself but if you got enough room to walk in a decent area around the shuffling grass a Pokemon "should" spawn.
    Ah, thanks! I'll try it out.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Surprisingly, it's not an AFK game. Let teh screen shut down for too long and the app has stopped.
    No, I'm actively playing, but I lose GPS constantly

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of twitch streamers who openly GPS spoof with their PoGo name in full display and everything. There are also people who instantly teleport from New York to California. Those are the people getting soft bans and I assume this one case of perma banning.

Everyone I know who does small circuits around their home town and doesn't go anywhere exotic, just spoofs to some pokestops nearby, hasn't had a single issue.

With the fact that many cell services and phones can have jittery GPS tracking, as long as people are smart about it and stay in their local area and don't openly advertise GPS spoofing with their PoGo name out in full view, I doubt they'll have a problem, as it will be hard for Niantic to definitely prove anything. Oh yeah, and hide your GPS spoofer in system files and not in program files.

I also have my doubts about these "soft bans" because of the way people talk about them. They talk about how they can't catch pokemon or battle at gyms... but there's no official message in game or in your email... that you signed up for the account with. No nothing. And strangely enough, tons of people who don't GPS spoof complain about not being able to catch pokemon and not being able to battle at gyms, and they call it crappy server issues.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-20 at 03:24 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I went to the park by my house last week at 9pm and it looked like a concert just ended. 100's of folks all walking around staring at their screens.

More often then not I get one stuck in the ball and it just sits there, they don't break out or catch them, have to reload app and end up losing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    More often then not I get one stuck in the ball and it just sits there, they don't break out or catch them, have to reload app and end up losing them.
    Snap, and it's doing my bloody head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Same thing happens to me but it shows that I've caught them.

Also got a pikachu today. Started playing since yesterday starting with squirtle. Still getting a hang of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    There's a lot of twitch streamers who openly GPS spoof with their PoGo name in full display and everything. There are also people who instantly teleport from New York to California. Those are the people getting soft bans and I assume this one case of perma banning.

Everyone I know who does small circuits around their home town and doesn't go anywhere exotic, just spoofs to some pokestops nearby, hasn't had a single issue.

With the fact that many cell services and phones can have jittery GPS tracking, as long as people are smart about it and stay in their local area and don't openly advertise GPS spoofing with their PoGo name out in full view, I doubt they'll have a problem, as it will be hard for Niantic to definitely prove anything. Oh yeah, and hide your GPS spoofer in system files and not in program files.

I also have my doubts about these "soft bans" because of the way people talk about them. They talk about how they can't catch pokemon or battle at gyms... but there's no official message in game or in your email... that you signed up for the account with. No nothing. And strangely enough, tons of people who don't GPS spoof complain about not being able to catch pokemon and not being able to battle at gyms, and they call it crappy server issues.
    Yea, I need to sit down and figure this out on my pc for my iphone 5s. I live in a town without and pokestops, so just spoofing to the nearest town over would be a big help. I don't have a problem going over to that town once or twice a week for a few hours to catch pokemon more efficiently, but not having access to a nearby pokestop for eggs is a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missed an Exeggutor at work Damn thing just wouldn't stay in. But, got Doduo, my man, level 7, so getting more consistent 100-150 CP pokemon, and I hatched my first egg. It's...Tangela... And it's far better than anything else I have too. But I got enough candy to evolve Oddish, and got an Exeggcute, and a couple random water pokemon. Closest gym has a 400-something tauros. Gonna be awhile still...