Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Already reports on the forums of this being abused with messages presenting not being harassment, racist, sexist, or anything of the like.

Told you so

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Its shocking how the fans of the new system are the ones around here threatening everyone else and calling them names. I cant wait to see you call someone "dickhead" in game to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Its seriously very bad to see players wanting to power trip all over others just because they think a new system gives them special privilege to be judge jury and executioner. Seriously mate i would rather play with the random rager all the time than with someone PC like you who deep inside hates me and is waiting for me to say something they consider "reportable" just to trigger the system and be happy for themselves.
    Wow, someone has a low level of reading comprehension.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You re the third example of someone who is in favor of the new system and yet expresses himself in a way that would get him silenced.
    The part about different standards for different places bounced right off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I thought you are always a good guy but it seems that you are only good when there is CCTV. I guess thats the dictionary definition of HYPOCRITE.
    In the anonymous, online environment, I don't give a shit if people are "good." I care whether they conform to community standards.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yep, one or two post with rock solid evidence!
    You know, I have yet to hear of a single case in which someone whose account was actioned actually did something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its shocking how the fans of the new system are the ones around here threatening everyone else and calling them names. I cant wait to see you call someone "dickhead" in game to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Its seriously very bad to see players wanting to power trip all over others just because they think a new system gives them special privilege to be judge jury and executioner. Seriously mate i would rather play with the random rager all the time than with someone PC like you who deep inside hates me and is waiting for me to say something they consider "reportable" just to trigger the system and be happy for themselves.
    Don't insult people in game and you'll be fine. I've played the game for 6 years and never once censored myself and haven't gotten so much as a warning before.
    Context matters.

Who did I call a dickhead? I said that you're not entitled to be a dickhead with impunity. That doesn't mean you are or are not a dickhead. It just means you can't be one without suffering consequences, and it's not everyone else's problem if they don't want to be subjected to someone's verbal abuse.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    They have language filters and ignore all ready seems like a waste of time to me to even put it in game. I mean Ignore is for ever and instant why wait for a GM with this silence penalty when you got instant silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    who defines what a "dickhead" is? you? offence is always taken and never given.
    I'm pretty sure dickhead behavior is fairly clearly spelled out in the terms of service.

When engaging in Chat, you may not:
    (i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above;

(ii) Carry out any action with a disruptive effect, such as intentionally causing the Chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, can have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat;

(iii) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in Chat or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users including without limitation posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and services available outside of the World of Warcraft universe;

(iv) Sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to a single user or repeatedly posting similar messages in a Chat area, including without limitation continuous advertisements to sell goods or services;

(v) Communicate or post any user's personal information in the Game, or on websites or forums related to the Game, except that a user may communicate his or her own personal information in a private message directed to a single user;

(vi) Harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to any user of the Game;

(vii) Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Blizzard, results or may result in an authorized user of the Game being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in the Game;

(viii) Communicate directly with players who are playing characters aligned with the opposite faction (e.g. Horde communicating with Alliance or vice versa); or

(ix) Impersonate any real person, including without limitation any "game master" or any other Blizzard agent or employee, nor may you communicate in the Game in any way designed to make others believe that your message constitutes a server message or was otherwise posted by any Blizzard agent or employee.

That defines what Blizzard seems to consider "being a dickhead" and clearly states that Blizzard decides who is and is not acting in such a way. By reporting, we are bringing suspected cases to their attention, since they can't monitor everything at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    They have language filters and ignore all ready seems like a waste of time to me to even put it in game. I mean Ignore is for ever and instant why wait for a GM with this silence penalty when you got instant silence.
    Because toxic players should be punished. Rather than making everyone ignore some asshat troll, punish the troll.
    Beta Club Brosquad

A move in a good direction, now they should move on to banning the people who troll
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

A move in a good direction, now they should move on to banning the people who troll
    Well it already was an actionable offense. The mods just rarely enforced it. This new system replaces the bans. Hopefully though it will lead to Blizzard actually enforcing their policies.
    I laugh as at least a handful of those who claim to not be nice people and while raging on others have been recently banned on the forums and their history overall is just mean commentary towards others. Some seem to think because a few are rude that it is a moral reason to be rude to everyone else.

The amount of clean up that could be done if Blizzard actually enforced their forum rules as well. A few mods shifting though the official forums would hit about half their population.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2016-07-20 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Silencing system proven as automated:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnx_hvRUMAApSuO.jpg
    What, exactly is that supposed to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What, exactly is that supposed to prove.
    The complaints some are making is as the system was described there was no mentioning of a player getting silenced before a moderator review. Right now the system is open to abuse by groups of players being able to silence anyone automatically.

Personally I think the system should do the usual temporary ignore which should be fixed to persist when character swapping and only go away when a player fully logs off.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The complaints some are making is as the system was described there was no mentioning of a player getting silenced before a moderator review. Right now the system is open to abuse by groups of players being able to silence anyone automatically.

Personally I think the system should do the usual temporary ignore which should be fixed to persist when character swapping and only go away when a player fully logs off.
    Considering the player who took that screenshot isn't even speaking in it, I still don't understand how that's supposed to substantiate anything... Much less the fearmongering.

So Asmongold just proved on his livestream that a mob of people reporting you for saying "I love World of Warcraft" will get you muted without an investigation

Considering the player who took that screenshot isn't even speaking in it, I still don't understand how that's supposed to substantiate anything... Much less the fearmongering.
    It says "temporarily suspended pending Game Master Review".
    Can you be a little less dense?

It's obvious you get automatically suspended FIRST, then at some indefinite point in the future a Game Master will review the suspension and maybe lift it.
    And the latter part is unconfirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    So Asmongold just proved on his livestream that a mob of people reporting you for saying "I love World of Warcraft" will get you muted without an investigation
    Not sure how this is any different than the idiots who complained about the Target bathrooms...and to prove their complaints were true, they went in and started causing trouble themselves.

What would have happened on Monday if 50 people reported you for spam simultaneously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    It says "temporarily suspended pending Game Master Review".
    Can you be a little less dense?

It's obvious you get automatically suspended FIRST, then at some indefinite point in the future a Game Master will review the suspension and maybe lift it.
    And the latter part is unconfirmed.
    And if you're causing trouble in chat what's the use of a system that doesn't stop you from doing that quickly?

Not sure how this is any different than the idiots who complained about the Target bathrooms...and to prove their complaints were true, they went in and started causing trouble themselves.

What would have happened on Monday if 50 people reported you for spam simultaneously?
    The fact of the matter is that Blizzard flat out lied to the community, they said this system would not be automated and it is, this system is guilty until proven innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that Blizzard flat out lied to the community, they said this system would not be automated and it is, this system is guilty until proven innocent.
    Ah, so people thought they'd be able to talk shit or spam in chat unchecked for however long it took for a GM to be made aware of what was going on? I guess that's one possible reality you could live in...