Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I will be skipping legion until I am convinced that they undid the horrid changes in Legion. I can always experience the contents after all the grinds are nerfed and flying is in, so no need to hurry
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2016-07-20 at 04:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I usually just stay subbed even when I'm not playing much. It's $155/year which isn't bad. Sometimes I'll drop 130 for two new games and end up only putting 10 hours in each. Even if I only play an hour a week for a year, I'm getting better value for my money. I also have other friends who play on and off and I usually like to play when they're up for it so it's more convenient to just stay subbed.
    gratz, blizzard loves you

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So you aren't ever coming back, thanks for telling us.
    Have you been living under a rock for the past 3 months...?

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Just thought this was worth asking as a point of curiosity. Anyone else currently unsubbed planning on sitting out the game until a big chunk of the pre-patch is out of the way or, as it may be, avoiding the first couple days ala WoD?

Personally I'm torn. I mean Blizzard have just added the first new content to the game in 14 months... But at this point I'm not sure if it's worth just saving 2 months' sub fees and coming back once the expansion drops and the inevitable roasting server hamsters have been extinguished.

The pre-patch looks like there's some interesting stuff to do but if you're like me and not really that invested in the game right now, do you want to "prepare" for Legion?
    Ill play if they do a services sale. Im not paying 55$ to get off my server and go horde.

Then after that visit said they had no desire to make anything like what Nostalrius had. It's okay though, hold out your never dying hope for a legacy or vanilla server, if it gets rough to to a support group for people who still think Elvis is alive, they should have some good coping techniques. 50k huh, did they fly them out on a Pegasus?
    I like how you linked your proof regarding what Blizzard said. Oh, wait..

10+ Year Old Account
    Boycotting all Blizzard/Activision games until Legacy servers, or equivalent, are released.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I... I don't think I'll be coming back to Legion. And no, this isn't one of those "I've been playin' 10 years since the beta's alpha alpha client 1.0.0.1 vanilla was the best current wow is shit" posts. It's purely and simply to do with WoD and their absolute lack of consistent content releases. I'm personally just unwilling to subject myself and invest myself into something that has only been a disappointment since announcement.

I was thinking for a while that I would come back right before the pre-patch, or that maybe I'll hit it up right when the prepatch hits. Now I'm catching myself thinking "I'll play it when it launches" and that just makes me realize I've been pushing off getting into Legion because WoD killed my drive and my immersion so much that I'm incapable of caring just how much Blizzard flails for attention with their new GoT-esque narrative or the flashy new animations or the pretty sparkle weapons. None of it addresses the elephant in the room, none of it actually helps fix the glaring problems with the game and its community. It's all just stupid, gimmicky shit to get Warcraft fans hyped, and it took me posting in this thread to realize that I really shouldn't be calling myself a Warcraft fan anymore.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-07-20 at 05:23 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I like how you linked your proof regarding what Blizzard said. Oh, wait..
    Much like you, shocking.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for subscription prices to go away. In this day in age of technology, there shouldn't be a subscription. Makes me feel like AngryJoe in this opening clip.

Much like you, shocking.
    I don't believe I made any statements in this thread that warranted me needing "proof" of anything, but alright. I, however, do have mine.

"We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW." (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611300963)

Tell me, do you see the word "No" or "Impossible"? I mean, I don't.
    What I decipher from that particular post is "Legacy servers will be challenging to create"

Okay! Your turn! Tell me (with proper link to blue post) where Blizzard has specifically stated this year that it is impossible to create legacy servers, or that they've flat out said no.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2016-07-20 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I don't believe I made any statements in this thread that warranted me needing "proof" of anything, but alright. I, however, do have mine.

"We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW." (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611300963)

Tell me, do you see the word "No" or "Impossible"? I mean, I don't.
    What I decipher from that particular post is "Legacy servers will be challenging to create"

Okay! Your turn! Tell me (with proper link to blue post) where Blizzard has specifically stated this year that it is impossible to create legacy servers, or that they've flat out said no.
    Go ahead and watch the first Q & A with Lore and Ion where he dismisses the idea of doing any of this and calls it neat but immediately moves away from it. It also doesn't help the cause when the Nostalrius people threw Blizzard under the bus with a release after their meeting saying they could do it, had the tech and chose not to. After 4 years of them saying the couldn't do it. Even if you don't watch the video or read the write up for the Q&A Blizzards approach for the last few years and any understanding of how they work would answer this for you. Let hope ring eternal, maybe just maybe the legacy/vanilla server wishful will get what they think they want.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Just thought this was worth asking as a point of curiosity. Anyone else currently unsubbed planning on sitting out the game until a big chunk of the pre-patch is out of the way or, as it may be, avoiding the first couple days ala WoD?

Personally I'm torn. I mean Blizzard have just added the first new content to the game in 14 months... But at this point I'm not sure if it's worth just saving 2 months' sub fees and coming back once the expansion drops and the inevitable roasting server hamsters have been extinguished.

The pre-patch looks like there's some interesting stuff to do but if you're like me and not really that invested in the game right now, do you want to "prepare" for Legion?
    Only reason I'm not playing is because I'm currently moving and haven't closed on my house yet. Next Tuesday can't come soon enough D=
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I do still love the lore. Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK were excellent examples of what a top end MMORPG should be.

I just need the love put back into WoW. No monetized expansions, no cashshops, no pay-to-level, pay-for-gold, pay-for-coolstuff, pay-for-anything. Just a nice online RPG that exists because people like to play it, be competitive, and earn everything they possess.

There is obviously a market for people who like the goodies given to them, so retail will never go away. Legacy should exist also for those who would rather play a true RPG, which happens to be MMO. I'd separate the 2 terms these days since folks identify MMORPG with pay-to-win and cashshops nowadays.
    question, are you saying the vanilla and tbc lore was good? or that they were just good overall... i hope you mean the second... still not 100% true, but god... the lore in tbc was shit rushed, and vanilla had little to no lore at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

i wish one day we could have a thread without legacybabies showing up.

like you are guys are straight up skilled in making every single thread somehow relevant about legacy

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Not coming back until Legacy servers.
    which means never so why bother posting on wow related page if you wont be coming to retail go play on your pirate server on post on pirate server forums

Still subbed... been going through my wardrobe for 8 hours... damn that's a lot of stuff.

Deleted
    I've been unsubbed since last summer, and I intend to give Warcraft another good look around the fall to see how people have responded to Legion.

Real people, not the endless ad-driven clickbait like 'Ten Things You'll Love in Legion' that permeates the current coverage of beta testing.

I'd love to go back to WoW and have a great time; but Blizzard no longer has the kind of credit that would make me purchase before release.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    vanilla had little to no lore at all...
    No lore? There was an entire world full of stories and backgrounds; from the growing conflicts along the Hillsbrad/Alterac mountains - played out along various lines - to the stories about the people of Duskwood in happier times, the entire fiasco in Stormwind and the political tensions this created throughout Westall and Redridge, the aftermath of the Scourge conflict in Lordaeron, the whole Felwood situation which tied in neatly with Warcraft III, all the Horde politics in the Barrens and Thousand Needles, the Ahn'Qiraj story that left marks across southern Kalimdor, all the various troll stories from Atal'Hakkar to Zul'Farrak. There was tons of lore and world building in the original WoW!

Deleted
    I'm stay subed on principle really, but in all fairness I have no reason to log onto live now with the garrison gold gone. *sneaks off to the beta again*

Changes in mechanics and a few new abilities are not enough to make people come back. Theyve been doing the same shit for 14 months and this prepatch only brings a new way of doing it. In the end its still the same shit. I end up logging on my shaman, fixed bars, did some spring cleaning of my bank now that I dont neeed to be a hoarder anymore and pretty much logged off. Nothin else to do that I havent done already for another month or so.

I resubbed the other day for the prepatch, but all I did was level a little and run dragon soul. I think I should have waited as I've ended up just playing FF more. Looking forward to going on after work though and seeing the damage
    also, just looking at my bank and bags make me cringe - its gonna be a chore to clear them up