Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    Im responding to your sigil quote. Is there a link to where its stated that solar power will replace fossil fuels in the 2030's? im legit curious, not trying to be contrarian or douchey. This is relevant to my interests
    I'm pretty sure it's a Ray Kurzweil prediction. It's not really considered realistic by anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    But once again, the speech itself isn't a huge deal. The way the campaign handled it is the problem. When Manafort goes on TV and weirdly tries to blame Clinton for it, when surrogates quote my little pony instead of just owning the problem, that's a problem.
    That's exactly right. This shows precisely what you're gonna get with a Trump administration. If they can't even manage a crisis so small as a convention speech controversy, what the fuck are they gonna do if he wins the presidency and the shit hits the fan on something with real consequence. Which won't happen of course, since he's going to lose in a historic landslide, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    That's exactly right. This shows precisely what you're gonna get with a Trump administration. If they can't even manage a crisis so small as a convention speech controversy, what the fuck are they gonna do if he wins the presidency and the shit hits the fan on something with real consequence. Which won't happen of course, since he's going to lose in a historic landslide, anyway.
    I suspect what's going to happen if he wins is basically the Executive staffers and the Congressional leadership will run the show. From what everyone who knows him has written, I doubt he'd have the attention span.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I suspect what's going to happen if he wins is basically the Executive staffers and the Congressional leadership will run the show. From what everyone who knows him has written, I doubt he'd have the attention span.
    That's similar to what Sam Harris said. Something like, the best chance you'd have with Trump being president, is that he would wake up the day after being inaugurated, terrified at the reality of the situation, and essentially defer to people more qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    That's similar to what Sam Harris said. Something like, the best chance you'd have with Trump being president, is that he would wake up the day after being inaugurated, terrified at the reality of the situation, and essentially defer to people more qualified.
    His ego is far too big for something like that to ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    His ego is far too big for something like that to ever happen.
    He'll decide he cares about something, make some proclamation or order and then drop it again. Which I guess is really worse than lots of involvement or not involvement really.

mmmm she just ripped off Michelle's speech word for word.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    There is no logical way a person can watch the speeches and not be aware it was plagiarism.

That's a pretty generous pass you've given a professional speech writer. One who apparently claims the speech was changed from the time he was done with it and when it was delivered .

But once again, the speech itself isn't a huge deal. The way the campaign handled it is the problem. When Manafort goes on TV and weirdly tries to blame Clinton for it, when surrogates quote my little pony instead of just owning the problem, that's a problem.

It's not that complicated, and handwaving it because you don't like that it's a problem is kind of pathetic.
    Yes. Four months from now we will be cursing the thousands of votes lost from Melania's two paragraphs that copied Michelle's speech. Can't wait to see where it ranks on the exit poll's top reasons for voting Hillary. I imagine just below "Trump is racist" but a bit above "Trump is Hitler."

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    That My Little Pony revamp didn't even start until two years after Michelle Obama's speech. Oy.
    Yes, I assume the point the Trump-apologists was trying to make is that Melanie Trump didn't copy Michelle Obama but copied "My Little Pony".

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, I assume the point the Trump-apologists was trying to make is that Melanie Trump didn't copy Michelle Obama but copied "My Little Pony".
    That's still plagiarism though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Well, as The Donald always tells me, a true true friend helps a friend in need. Also, his heart is strong as a horse. Powerful. Yuuuuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That's still plagiarism though.
    Its spoken words, not something written down and turned in for money or a grade.

Deleted
    I agree that it is pretty funny, to think that theyd be that stupid to cooy it is also funny however.

This is just politics, one side mudthrowing the other. To me ( we have like 16 parties heee which is just as much of a mess as 2) it seems that having two political parties just makes them eachothers arch nemesis and resulte in no compromises ever being made.

That doesnt adress the underlying problem here though, that politics is a lot of hot baked air with fancy meaningless feelgood one liners that ultimately are worth nothing. What else are the partners going to talk about, they dont forward the political plans etc. So ye, get family,american dream upbringing and hope off the checklist and the speech is a wrap!

On a lil offtopic note.. Hillary or donald trump? ... Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Here were Melania Trump's remarks:

From a young age my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life. That your work is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them. I am fortunate for my heritage but also for where it brought me today.

And here's an excerpt of Michelle Obama's "One Nation" speech from 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children -- and all children in this nation -- to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."
    Okay Ive used damn near the same words in papers/speeches. These are common themes and phrases Michelle was not the first to use them and Melania wount be the last.

I'm sure he isn't paying her for her speaking abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Oh god now they are drawing similarities to Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony. You can't make this shit up.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/19/po...ony/index.html
    RNC's chief strategist is conversant in MLP? Yeah you really can't!

"Melania Trump said, 'the strength of your dreams and willingness to work for them.' Twilight Sparkle from 'My Little Pony' said, 'This is your dream. Anything you can do in your dreams, you can do now,' " Spicer said.
    That's... not even close...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    RNC's chief strategist is conversant in MLP? Yeah you really can't.
    The great thing is that it wasn't like some random internet blog noticing the similarity, but the strategist himself calling attention to it out of the blue. Republicanterlot confirmed.

I like how half the excuses are "It's not her fault" and the other half are "It doesn't matter". They aren't thinking this through.

Argh! The Trump campaign did this on purpose.

Think about it!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Argh! The Trump campaign did this on purpose.

Think about it!
    I thought that at first, but rudys great speech was overshadowed by this whole idiotic sideline. It could have been the bush/ romney people deliberately sabotaging her speech if the speechwriter was part of their circle. They're so dorky and disconnected though that trump will turn their feeble attempt into a positive for himself.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-07-20 at 09:16 AM.