Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ELvUI not working.

Hey, pre-patch just went live on the Eu servers, and I downloaded the new 10.03 version of Elvui and it isnt working, its enabled in the addon section in the char select, but there isnt a button ingame, where I can access it, nor can i call it forth by writing /elvui

does anyone else have this problem, and if they do, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

It's up to 10.06 now. Shouldn't really matter though unless 10.03 was killed. I was running 10.01 when I looked at your post and mine was working just fine. Enable load out of date addons? Also there isn't a button for Elvui anymore.. either /elvui or Esc-Elvui

Edit: Just updated mine to 10.06 and working just fine.

Sorry, I meant 10.05 - But on there site, there isnt a 10.06.

I have enabled, load out of date addons.

Damn thing isnt working anyways :- /

Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    Sorry, I meant 10.05 - But on there site, there isnt a 10.06.

I have enabled, load out of date addons.

Damn thing isnt working anyways :- /
    Try using the Tukui client to update?
    Disable all other addons to see if one is causing problem?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elvui is working just fine if you have updated it correctly. Download the Tukui client to update elvui, this prevents a lot of issues out the door. Also, enable load out of date addons if disabled. If you have load out of date addons enabled already and elvui is still not working, then you have not installed any of the 10.0 versions, or your wow client is out of date. I can definitely say it is not elvui itself though, the creator of elvui has already updated it multiple times within the last few hours and released the new updates.

Im an idiot, I copied Elvui addon, to my copy directory, everything works fine when I actually copy it to the wow addons folder.

Sorry for the bother ;-)

Thanks for the help, and be well !

Im an idiot, I copied Elvui addon, to my copy directory, everything works fine when I actually copy it to the wow addons folder.

Sorry for the bother ;-)

Not at all.. Glad you got it figured out!

Sorry for the bother ;-)

Don't worry I had a problem updating it earlier today as well though it was caused by bug in the Tukui updater that lead to my misunderstanding. On the updater where it say's the status it kept showing it was up to date it wasn't until I noticed a few hours later that the current version and the latest version weren't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar issue with the Tukui client saying the version was updated and did so even after hitting Refresh a few times. What I had to do to get ElvUI to work was remove it (and BenikUI) and then reinstall them after the removal. It seems to be working fine now.

Now if the rest of my addons would update and work...

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

I'm having some issues with elvui. I had a middle panel at the bottom of my UI and now i've logged on today it's not there and i can't find even the option for it in the shadow edit =(

Deleted
    You can add it in the new Elvui update (10.07)
    It add the Shadow & Light feature.

I can't find the dual spec feature, it used to be in Profile, did they removed it or I am blind?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numydia View Post
    I can't find the dual spec feature, it used to be in Profile, did they removed it or I am blind?
    I'm guessing they removed it, since the game has no way to know what your primary and secondary specs are.

Deleted
    How its elvUI atm ? Its safe use it or should wait a bit more ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    I'm guessing they removed it, since the game has no way to know what your primary and secondary specs are.
    Good new. They added it in the lattest update (10.08)

10+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI should be stable and usable now with at least 10.07 and subsequent updates.

Sadly BenikUI will no longer work even with the update so I've got to find another ElvUI "top" addon/compilation that I like the look and feel of.

I do have a question though:
    In my old ElvUI/BenikUI compilation I had a Resources/Lag/FPS/etc window that was always in the upper left hand corner of the screen but it's gone now. Anyone know the name of this window exactly and if it's still a part of ElvUI?

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    ElvUI should be stable and usable now with at least 10.07 and subsequent updates.

Sadly BenikUI will no longer work even with the update so I've got to find another ElvUI "top" addon/compilation that I like the look and feel of.

In my old ElvUI/BenikUI compilation I had a Resources/Lag/FPS/etc window that was always in the upper left hand corner of the screen but it's gone now. Anyone know the name of this window exactly and if it's still a part of ElvUI?
    Was never part of ElvUI unless you are talking about DataTexts under the chat windows and those never got touched. If you are talking about the thing at the top that was Shadow and Light which is not ElvUI just an addition.

15+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI seems to work now, some minor glitches (like turtlebuffs list and health numbers on nameplates, friendly nameplates glitching a bit too) and lacking a few features.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post

The window - is part of Benik UI, not ElvUI.

As far as I know, Benik UI is working for the patch - if you are having issues with it, you should report it to the author so they can fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks Botanica - thought it might be Benik related but wasn't sure since 7.03 pretty much torpedoed my entire UI.

[/SIZE]

so my nameplates seem to have dissapeared. gone. they are enabled, but do not show. ive tried disabling them in elv and the stock ones do not show either. what might i be doing wrong?