Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    escpially without bos.
    Can't really say HFC BoS is "fun" its press it and watch it fall without your control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Can't really say HFC BoS is "fun" its press it and watch it fall without your control.
    you might not find it fun, but i found bos in hfc veyr fun as blood, and not at all on unholy

l
    I have tanked for most of hfc lifetime as bdk in wod, but in legion im stopping with tanking escpially as dk. I just dont find legion bdk that fun , escpially without bos.
    Well, BoS was fun in BRF when you could actually contribute or even compete in damage with the dps even on farm content. In HFC tank damage on farm, especially after the ilvl buff, didn't matter at all. I welcome the legion changes. I like the abilities, I like the talents. The only thing they could improve is making active talents actually better than passive ones.

you might not find it fun, but i found bos in hfc veyr fun as blood, and not at all on unholy
    After doing highmaul/brf BoS HFC was like killing the whole class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoe View Post
    Well, BoS was fun in BRF when you could actually contribute or even compete in damage with the dps even on farm content. In HFC tank damage on farm, especially after the ilvl buff, didn't matter at all. I welcome the legion changes. I like the abilities, I like the talents. The only thing they could improve is making active talents actually better than passive ones.
    well with the moslty guild group i do manno + archi M weekly with (not guild im in myself currently) with bos i was actully higher then some of the dps.
    I dont know how bos was in brf since only joined wod halfway through brf time, + i dint start tanking till hfc.

well with the moslty guild group i do manno + archi M weekly with (not guild im in myself currently) with bos i was actully higher then some of the dps.
    I dont know how bos was in brf since only joined wod halfway through brf time, + i dint start tanking till hfc.
    You had chains of ice to generate the same RP as a death strike for 1 rune but it did no damage. It was enough with decent MS to keep up 100% of the time, but you obviously lost healing and a dmg loss/gain depending how you used it. It was way more involved along with way more to AMS soak.

Deleted
    You had chains of ice to generate the same RP as a death strike for 1 rune but it did no damage. It was enough with decent MS to keep up 100% of the time, but you obviously lost healing and a dmg loss/gain depending how you used it. It was way more involved along with way more to AMS soak.
    ok ive heard something about glyph that helped with , but dint know which one. wouldve loved to have been able to do bos with that.

@Jellospally What tank class will you be raiding with in Legion?

I raided mythic BRF then stopped. I usually pug everything, and fill in for guilds that need tanks. What I've noticed, and what everyone prolly knows, is that pugs (in heroic) look for OP shit. Plus it's just easier to do content when you're OP, even by a little. Case in point; heroic Imperator. When it first came out, groups were wiping left and right, and eventually figured out BrM monks trivialized a few things with their movement, and DKs just killed all adds everywhere. Same with BRF; monks were pretty OP and trivialized most fights, and I think DKs were 2nd for most of it.

So to Jellos/others, I'll be pugging for the first bit of Legion, and once people figure out the FOTM tanks that make fights easier, they'll probably be gunning for them. What will be the OP tank/FOTM tank? I understand tuning will still happen, but how about as it stands now, where do the tanks rank? And do you honestly believe tuning will result in a huge change? Sure all tanks were viable for BRF, but it was quite obvious that Monks were just farther ahead with all their dmg reduction stuff.

From my understanding, Druid tanks are #1. From what I've read on reddit, DH is the most fun, but nowhere near the top. Quite a downer. I also just read https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...w?pref=2&pli=1 by Troxism, which makes DK tanking seem very meh compared to WOD. And from reading reddit, DK tanks are also not #1, maybe not even #2. No idea if artifact stuff will change any of this.

Any thoughts? Yes I'm a FOTM casual whatever you wanna call me. I don't care, RL takes too much time and I enjoy playing specs that are more powerful to get through content easier/quicker. Though I liked DK tanking a lot throughout HM/BRF mythic, it looks like we won't be top of the pack anymore.

EDIT: Man, everywhere I'm reading says Guardian druid #1, while DH tank is the most fun. I guess I'll have to test out DH at some point.
    Last edited by Herbalplz; 2016-07-19 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbalplz View Post

I raided mythic BRF then stopped. I usually pug everything, and fill in for guilds that need tanks. What I've noticed, and what everyone prolly knows, is that pugs (in heroic) look for OP shit. Plus it's just easier to do content when you're OP, even by a little. Case in point; heroic Imperator. When it first came out, groups were wiping left and right, and eventually figured out BrM monks trivialized a few things with their movement, and DKs just killed all adds everywhere. Same with BRF; monks were pretty OP and trivialized most fights, and I think DKs were 2nd for most of it.

So to Jellos/others, I'll be pugging for the first bit of Legion, and once people figure out the FOTM tanks that make fights easier, they'll probably be gunning for them. What will be the OP tank/FOTM tank? I understand tuning will still happen, but how about as it stands now, where do the tanks rank? And do you honestly believe tuning will result in a huge change? Sure all tanks were viable for BRF, but it was quite obvious that Monks were just farther ahead with all their dmg reduction stuff.

From my understanding, Druid tanks are #1. From what I've read on reddit, DH is the most fun, but nowhere near the top. Quite a downer. I also just read https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...w?pref=2&pli=1 by Troxism, which makes DK tanking seem very meh compared to WOD. And from reading reddit, DK tanks are also not #1, maybe not even #2. No idea if artifact stuff will change any of this.

Any thoughts? Yes I'm a FOTM casual whatever you wanna call me. I don't care, RL takes too much time and I enjoy playing specs that are more powerful to get through content easier/quicker. Though I liked DK tanking a lot throughout HM/BRF mythic, it looks like we won't be top of the pack anymore.

EDIT: Man, everywhere I'm reading says Guardian druid #1, while DH tank is the most fun. I guess I'll have to test out DH at some point.
    I believe it's a bit early to tell what will be the fotm until people hit 110 and raids are about to open.

Bear > DK / War > Pally > Monk / DH imo atm for raids in legion.

Bear > DK / War > Pally > Monk / DH imo atm for raids in legion.
    Yeah you think DK's are #2? How's the playstyle compared to mythic BRF times? Damn I still remember loading up your logs and trying to maximize my Breath of Sind lol.

Hmm if they're actually #2, then I might screw it and just play DK if they're still at least fun. That Troxxism link was a real downer though. They took out a few things, but I guess it's not too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hashtags View Post
    I believe it's a bit early to tell what will be the fotm until people hit 110 and raids are about to open.
    You think so? I can't remember for HM/BRF. I just remember actually going into the raids and seeing first hand how much monks trivialized stuff. Did people only discover they were OP right before raids too?

Yeah you think DK's are #2? How's the playstyle compared to mythic BRF times? Damn I still remember loading up your logs and trying to maximize my Breath of Sind lol.

Hmm if they're actually #2, then I might screw it and just play DK if they're still at least fun. That Troxxism link was a real downer though. They took out a few things, but I guess it's not too bad.

- - - Updated - - -

You think so? I can't remember for HM/BRF. I just remember actually going into the raids and seeing first hand how much monks trivialized stuff. Did people only discover they were OP right before raids too?
    what i meant was this is a prepatch, we haven't even hit 110 yet. Between now and till the raid patch is out, blizzard will tune classes.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't touched warriors but after raid testing Blood sure feels second to bear to me.

Compared to BRF dk its meh, but now compare it to how every tank plays in legion and its way more fun than most of them.

Well then thanks guys.

I'll keep an eye out for more patch notes and tuning. Happy I can still use my DK and 2H and all that death RP stuff.

Thoughts on what 2 professions ya'll will be taking? I have inscription and something I can't remember, but since professions weren't too important in WOD, I never bothered.

I reworked my action bars and tanked a quick dungeon today. Nothing challenging about a WoD heroic dungeon at 730 I-lvl; OP is still OP regardless of spec changes and healer could have gone DPS for all it affected me. I'll be able to tell more when I raid this weekend.

What I did get to do was play with the rotation, and I found it to be fun and fast. Not sure why anyone would feel it's worse than WoD. We get Heartstrike back AND Bonestorm to play with. Asphyxiate has a cool animation. The basic rotation of Marrowrend + Heartstrike felt brutal and satisfying, with Death Strikes as RP became available. Weave in some Death & Decay + Blood Boils for aoe. The playstyle was fast and I always had something to do; there was zero downtime. What's not to love?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I reworked my action bars and tanked a quick dungeon today. Nothing challenging about a WoD heroic dungeon at 730 I-lvl; OP is still OP regardless of spec changes and healer could have gone DPS for all it affected me. I'll be able to tell more when I raid this weekend.

What I did get to do was play with the rotation, and I found it to be fun and fast. Not sure why anyone would feel it's worse than WoD. We get Heartstrike back AND Bonestorm to play with. Asphyxiate has a cool animation. The basic rotation of Marrowrend + Heartstrike felt brutal and satisfying, with Death Strikes as RP became available. Weave in some Death & Decay + Blood Boils for aoe. The playstyle was fast and I always had something to do; there was zero downtime. What's not to love?
    You will run out of stuff to hit when pulls last more than 15-20sec unless you have an amazing amount of haste.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as bad as I thought it would be honestly. From some of the descriptions it looks like other tanks really aren't that much more enjoyable to play anyways, and while dull, I can at least bare playing my DK currently. Right now it feels more like a maintenance check list more than anything.

I don't think things are going to change too much, but it's pretty disgraceful that the talents are setup the way they are currently. At the very least I can take solace in knowing that every row has one "great" talent, which is at least an improvement over the talent designed we enjoyed in WoD and Cataclysm. Where outside of two to three talent rows you could run without a talent and pretty much feel the same. The sad part comes in regards to basically all the good talents being mostly passive in nature, and the alternatives (being active or not) are just downright terrible. Some of them might actually be choices if they were tuned upwards, while others just need to be completely redesigned. Realistically the only choice I see aside from the row with improved GG is the last one, but unfortunately you're going to be defaulting to purgatory most of the time. Blood mirror feels awful, and bonestorm is really nice, just the opportunity cost of losing purgatory makes you think twice about it.

Haven't really followed logs or anything like that, but I assume that most people are going bear because they don't die? While I don't doubt it, I find it hard to believe another tank exists out there that does even more damage than what my DK pumps out (or seemingly pumps out at the moment, in regards to AoE anyways). Everything just hits incredibly hard, and blood boil is even more retarded than what it was when Highmaul launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Haven't really followed logs or anything like that, but I assume that most people are going bear because they don't die? While I don't doubt it, I find it hard to believe another tank exists out there that does even more damage than what my DK pumps out (or seemingly pumps out at the moment, in regards to AoE anyways). Everything just hits incredibly hard, and blood boil is even more retarded than what it was when Highmaul launched.
    Didn't make it to my bear last night; he's on the schedule for today. I plan to tank on DK, Pally, and Bear in Legion. Only question for me is which I'll spend more time on and in what order.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Bone Storm being on the GCD really rubs me up the wrong way somehow...

Granted we don't have consumption yet or the artifact traits, but after playing blood DK last night in Upper MHFC I would say it doesn't feel as strong as bear or paladin due to the reduction of reactive cool downs. I'd much rather have IBF than Rune Weapon. Paladin's still get their two major DR's, where as BDK had them taken away. Like pre-prepatch warrior I feel more reliant on healers than I feel I should.
    Last edited by Maravix; 2016-07-20 at 06:11 PM.