Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

NA players not happy with 7.0.3?

Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history.. but is that really the view of everyone in NA? or just those who don't like the class changes? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it has many upvotes

For returning players, and new players the class changes as I expereinced them are actually quite fun, easy to get into, more fun than before, better animations etc. But I know they don't seem all that great at the beginning, adn really need the context of artifact weapons, full pvp talents, and ofc the wonder of the Broken Isles and the story fully hit.

in my estimation, this is the worse it's ever going to be, ,because every other aspects of the expansion are highly praised, and the new class changes, take a while getting into , including maximising your artifact weapon, so all in all people will greatly appreciate it in the end. But will it be too late? i wonder

Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

- - - Updated - - -

If this ultimately fails, are we goign to see wow developed for Asia and Europe mainly and not the U.S.?

if you are angry you have a look at the forums and will find other people with the need to complain.

If you are happy.. why would you look at the forums and write a fast written complaint?

Take every praise and complaint with a grain of salt. Forums, social networks etc do not represent the playerbase.

But yes they can and should be used for feedback
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2016-07-20 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    I tried a few specs today and really didn't like the pruning at all (I play on EU). Granted I don't really know which talents to take or not but something felt off (like I was dishing 40 k DPS where I did 100 k before the patch).

Dps balancing aside the patch is great! My only major complain is the new camera zoom restriction and the fucking size of Archimonde. I never realized he was so big until today.

Deleted
    I like the changes to a certain degree. I do, however, feel each class had their mobility pruned. But again, I don't recall the mobility we had in the past 2 expansions to be anywhere like vanilla/BC. It was starting to get out of hand. I must say, I do also see a lot more bar space. Welcomed changes for my MM Hunter which seems to be getting heat from other Hunter, though it does feel very FFXIV-ish now. Overall, I'm happy, thank you Blizzard.

Regarding the camera sickness, I play full screen on a 5k 27" iMac and I believe the visual changes have been outstanding. We live in a world where people bitch about anything to hear themselves bitch. It's what has caused our community to become toxic. The vocal minority go raise hell, kick and scream on the forums and threaten the sky is falling. 99% of the interactions I've had in patch day have been well received outside of the server issues (foreseen, not going to complain about).

I'm willing to risk another 1.5/2 million toxic players to see at a comfortable 3-4 million players that make a strong community. This community had me at the point that an early legacy ream (vanilla or BC) would be fantastic, as the toxic players who want Mythic gear dropped in 5 man dungeons would not survive a day in.

Keep it up Blizzard. Good changes thus far. Sorry for the mistypes - posted on Mobile.
    Last edited by mmoc2a31ecbefa; 2016-07-20 at 10:47 AM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly because of fucked up camera distance
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

There's basically nothing to do in this pre-patch

all it does is letting developers getting smoother transition into the real patch with real content and legion launch

it's better they keep fixing stuff on live now than having a mess once legion goes live.

an extra layer of testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as several thousand posts on the beta forums about the camera change were ignored...unsurprisingly people are pissed when it got released on live. Toss in any specs that are completely fucking broken or just play like shit (or are both, like Ret!) and it just goes to show how much feedback was completely ignored in beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    I have no clue if this is right or not but a guild member did mention its tuned for 110 + artifact weapon so we will all be doing around 40k DPS or so with the pre-patch.
    The issue is the game isn't only level 110, there are 109 level before and associated content.

Camera distance is my only problem.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It's class changes.

They are hit and miss even on a normal day, but given that this time the theme was ability pruning... let's just say they are way more miss than hit.

The Legion comes. Just wait until the first month after launch when it becomes clear to everyone that they were waiting all this time for another WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    It's mostly because of fucked up camera distance
    which i don't get because i paly the game within the normal parameters, and normal view distance, going up close for combat, and zoom out far on mounts, including riads - but never needed to go beyond the options menu max distance extension, not needed that super zoom out cheat. but that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Camera distance is my only problem.
    I can't tell a difference. What's going on with camera distance for people?

Only tried out Holy paladin so far - didn't read up on the changes beforehand, I wanted to be suprised.
    Oh I am suprised, just not pleasantly..
    No interrupt, no damage spells, mastery is wut?, lackluster aoe spells (1), lackluster single target spells (heal and flash basically)
    Am happy with having concecration back but it's not worth the change really.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    I can't tell a difference. What's going on with camera distance for people?
    Before we could use a command and zoom out much more far and now they disabled the command.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Before we could use a command and zoom out much more far and now they disabled the command.
    Also the "field of view" has been nerfed by around 25%, which makes another huge impact camera wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    The issue is the game isn't only level 110, there are 109 level before and associated content.
    And only after 6 expansions you start to realize that old-encounter balance is all fucked up with the new talents? It's always been like that, even when you decided to run old lvl 60 dungeons as lvl 60 in BC.

It's really not much of an issue as long as you can beat them.

There's dual settings- for the regular world and raids/bg

They could allow extra distance for the raid setting, it could be a compromise, don't see why it's a problem

if someone has a huge monitor and beefy video card, it's a lot more advantage, don't see their point.

As I expected this pre patch would be a complete shit show, because most WoW players is too stupid to read or comprehend any kind of basic information, so they was thinking demon hunters, invasions, broken shore and everything would be available at the launch of pre-patch, and when they found out its not, it turns into a complete shit show. Trade chat was litteraly spammed with people asking about demon hunters, invansions, even alot of people asking how to get artifact weapons etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    As I expected this pre patch would be a complete shit show, because most WoW players is too stupid to read or comprehend any kind of basic information, so they was thinking demon hunters, invasions, broken shore and everything would be available at the launch of pre-patch, and when they found out its not, it turns into a complete shit show. Trade chat was litteraly spammed with people asking about demon hunters, invansions, even alot of people asking how to get artifact weapons etc.
    Welcome to this wonderful community .