Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    Ret is a fine spec. It isn't the best dps spec, but that is reserved for pure dps. I will play it because I like being a Paladin and smashing faces is fun.
    Hm? I guess Ferals, Enh, Boomies, Shadow, Dks (some count DK as hybrids) are top tier DPS in Rated PvP both RBGs and Arena, they almost always top meters while Ret is left behind, can't you see that the so called "hybrid" tax only applies to Ret

Sure its only prepatch and we're level 100 without artifact. But the new ret seems ok. I like the simpler rotation but i can see how boss mechanics could screw us up. And mobility sucks.

Deleted
    Is there already a thread or page where I can get constructive info on new statweights, rotation, addons and stuff? Need to prepare for Raid instead of whining.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    Is there already a thread or page where I can get constructive info on new statweights, rotation, addons and stuff? Need to prepare for Raid instead of whining.
    Same here; please let me know if you find one.

On topic: I have always been this same ret-pally so i'm staying this same ret-pally.

I've always mained Ret, I've been playing it in Beta and it's interesting, some of the new talents are good, and Ashbringer is a beast. Hearing that people are hating on ret, They are mad because Both Ret and Enhance have gotten Awesome artifacts, and everyone else doesn't get something like them.. To be honest though, All of the Artifacts look amazing... Besides Shadow priest.. never was a priest person. I say, Play what you want to play, and don't let others get you down. I've tried almost all specs in both PTR and in Beta, and there are some specs that I like, some I don't. But the melee classes are looking awesome, unholy dks.... Outlaw rogues... Fury warriors.. Feral druids.. I honestly was tempted to switch to one of those, because of how much fun I was having with them. But I am a pally at heart.

SO screw the haters. And when I say awesome Artifacts... I mean Iconic weapons. Ashbringer and Doomhammer are pretty Iconic.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the theme of the class and spec. And next to shamans and icecream dks, we get one of the most iconic legendarys. Despite all the whining, choosing the right talents, our rotation can be sufficiently interesting to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Love the theme of the class and spec. And next to shamans and icecream dks, we get one of the most iconic legendarys. Despite all the whining, choosing the right talents, our rotation can be sufficiently interesting to play.
    so you say we can "choose" talents, right?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    so you say we can "choose" talents, right?
    Don't get me wrong, our talent tree is among the worst of the xpac. But yes you can. You can make the choice to value fun higher than max dps.

Don't get me wrong, our talent tree is among the worst of the xpac. But yes you can. You can make the choice to value fun higher than max dps.
    so you can choose fun or /gkick ?
    wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    This. True rets played during cata. They've seen some bad shit. Nothing can hurt them again.

And honestly, playing the beta. Ret is ok. You may not like the collusus smash style. But the falling sky scenario some youtubers are painting is plain stupid.

I also really like the meaningfull blessings.
    Would you care to elaborate on which meaningful blessings you have access to as Ret? Would you also explain situations where they're actually meaningful and why you believe that?

wow.
    To be fair, Seraphim was higher dps than FV, but FV wasn't a gkick and was more fun (for me). The better question is just how disparaging the DPS values are with the "choices" in our tree?

I just finally got a chance to play and I have to say I can stomach the rotation, it's not even bad (it's just not good). It's not the worst thing in the world, but AOE sure feels RIDICULOUSLY, and laughably bad without actually specing for AOE talents. Why is this a thing? I just looked at my brothers talent tree and was like oh ok, that's cool. They actually have some really neat choices there. I noticed he didn't have to spec into doing any AOE damage? Then let's not get into the bullshit fact that I was literally chasing him the entire time because he moves significantly faster than me. Is this what dungeons are going to feel like? Me having to spec SoL and spend 3 HoPo just to keep up my with my party so I'm not dead weight?

i,ve been maining my ret since June 2016, i cant let it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Would you care to elaborate on which meaningful blessings you have access to as Ret? Would you also explain situations where they're actually meaningful and why you believe that?
    he won't.
    because he can't.
    which makes it more satisfying.

To be fair, Seraphim was higher dps than FV, but FV wasn't a gkick and was more fun (for me)
    that held true while we were playing in WoD.
    Now it's not, anymore.

The better question is just how disparaging the DPS values are with the "choices" in our tree?
    this question is of no concern to us actually due to the way our tier are made - you either pick AoE talent for AoE fightsa or ST talent for ST fights.
    We have no luxury of such magnitude

Why is this a thing? I just looked at my brothers talent tree and was like oh ok, that's cool. They actually have some really neat choices there. I noticed he didn't have to spec into doing any AOE damage? Then let's not get into the bullshit fact that I was literally chasing him the entire time because he moves significantly faster than me. Is this what dungeons are going to feel like? Me having to spec SoL and spend 3 HoPo just to keep up my with my party so I'm not dead weight?
    because you are enjoying your #fantasy.

Our #fantasy, as I've been told, is a slow moving tank.
    Tanks may differ in regards to armour and defences, like Maus compared to Leopard 1.
    Guess we're Leopards then.
    Slightly crippled, barely moving, but tanks nevertheless

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow.
    Unless you are a progress raider, you really shouldn't force that shit on you mate. And if you are, you are going to play what ever spec sports the highest numbers anyway. We can argue that the talents available are not interesting enough or can too easily be identified as the right choice for a certain need(AE vs single for example), rather then offering a variation in playstyle. But if you min max to the extreme, there can never be a choice.

- - - Updated - - -

wow.
    Unless you are a progress raider, you really shouldn't force that shit on you mate. And if you are, you are going to play what ever spec sports the highest numbers anyway. We can argue that the talents available are not interesting enough or can too easily be identified as the right choice for a certain need(AE vs single for example), rather then offering a variation in playstyle. But if you min max to the extreme, there can never be a choice.

Unless you are a progress raider, you really shouldn't force that shit on you mate.
    bullshit.
    When in raid, progress or not, I would like to kill the fething Dragon.
    If each and every fether is playing for fun, off to LFR with that, let the pugs suffer.
    I won't suffer. Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it. That is the wisdom of the Qun.

So the moment I see my raidmate/guildmate use Equalolity in raid, I will do anything and everything I can to make him repent.

And if you are, you are going to play what ever spec sports the highest numbers anyway..
    Bullshit.
    I should play whatever spec I wish.
    Isn't it the whole point of "balance" ?

. We can argue that the talents available are not interesting enough
    We can't.
    Most of them are not by default.

We can argue that the talents available are too easily identified as the right choice for a certain need(AE vs single for example), rather then offering a variation in playstyle.
    But do we need to?
    Isn't it a little bit obvious?

But if you min max to the extreme, there can never be a choice.
    I never said anything about extreme minmaxing so I am at a loss as where did that come from.

Deleted

Your reasons why you are going Retribution in legion.

Our #fantasy, as I've been told, is a slow moving tank.
    Tanks may differ in regards to armour and defences, like Maus compared to Leopard 1.
    Guess we're Leopards then.
    Slightly crippled, barely moving, but tanks nevertheless
    Well, the Leopard 1 was the first modern tank for the German Army after WW2. I think you confused them because the Leo is way faster than the behemoth "Maus". A better comparison would be the first tanks from WW1. They were tanks but so so slow. "Almost" like Ret.

But back to topic:
    I don't need a reason for playing Ret because it's my only main since TBC and I won't play any other class or spec seriously.

But if I were new to the game I would certainly play a Warrior, Shaman or DK.
    Last edited by mmoca528ff7a76; 2016-07-20 at 01:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    personally i lovewhat they have doe with ret. ive played it with ashbringer on beta and i l0ve it. best iteration so far imho
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

It's been my main since day 1 of WoW so I don't want to drop it so easily but god is it pissing me off

Deleted
    Let people get used to the changes - a lot of people are just complaining because it is different, without thinking about how it improve your experience ...

Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    personally i lovewhat they have doe with ret. ive played it with ashbringer on beta and i l0ve it. best iteration so far imho
    could you explain actually what you find to be "best iteration so far imho" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne84 View Post
    Well, the Leopard 1 was the first modern tank for the German Army after WW2. I think you confused them because the Leo is way faster than the behemoth "Maus".
    No.
    That was the point of my comparison.
    But yeah, I guess you are right, those would suit better

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Equality looks like it accidentially slipped into the regular talent tree, rather than the pvp one. I think we both agree that it should be replaced/exchanged.

Bullshit.
    I should play whatever spec I wish.
    Isn't it the whole point of "balance" ?
    Balance and spec/talent diversity(interesting design for that matter) are contradicting each other. And thats not even factoring encounter design. All blizzard can do is providing a variation of playstyles and look and feels you choose from and try to tune them to reltaive balance. Imbalance is just part of the reality you as a player have to deal with. Of course you can choose what ever class you want to play. Just as much as you can choose your talents. It all depends on where you personally draw the line.