Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Typical WoW players making mountains of molehills. Every one whines but they still keep playing. The changes are fine. I like not having eleventy-billion keybinds.

People need to stop judging the expansion on the pre-patch, that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i have one of the worst PC's in the world and i can hit 60 fps if i go lowest settings, its most likley you dont have the settings set up right, or your addons are breaking your FPS

(i have a intergrated graphics card...)
    Why would i spend $700 on a graphics card to play a 12 year old video game at low settings? Go check the technical support forums, theres people with 2 gtx 1080 sli that also cant hit 60 fps...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I don't think it's the job of the community to keep up with what's blizzard's doing. People keep saying "this has been in beta for months!" like we were all hanging on the breath of every beta test change and announcement. Most of us have barely been paying attention to wow. Not having new content for the last patch on the day it's released isn't quite a departure--seems like sometimes they have some, sometimes they don't--but it's not a happy thing.

People are really burned about view distance; and I'm personally very, very riled about the way the did talents. Making us rely on inscribers to change talents is...super-annoying especially considering those inscribers can't make crap for us today. The idea that I'm going to have to farm stacks and stacks of mats so I can get an inscriber friend to spend an hour making tomes, well, I'm extremely unhappy.
    This ALL has been known for months now.
    If you wanted a say in it you should have done so months ago.
    Now you just sound like a 12 year old.

Also the tombs are cheap as fuck to make and you can freely respec in ANY major city or hub.
    Stop overreacting. fucking hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I am sorry, but you just suck a lot of ass.
    I have been maining hunter since wotlk and I have no issues with MM or BM.
    BM is a fast pased spec with a lot of movement while MM is a bit more stationary.
    The new artifact at 110 will change it a lot and make it even smoother.

Stop blaming the game for your short comings.

I can't talk about Survival yet as I will not play it (no room for another melee in my guild).

edit: I am ashamed of you being dutch.
    What has being dutch has to do with it?
    MM is terrible for pvp, it is WAAAAAY to slow.
    I have yet to try out BM, gonna check it out now. Better not be as bad as SV
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about the class changes is kind of silly since everyone has had a month to try their classes on the open ptr realms. Also, I would say roughly 1/2 the playerbase didn't read any of the announcements that DH and Broken Shore wouldn't be available for a few more weeks and were disappointed when they realized they couldn't play them yesterday. In fact I was amazed at how many people did not understand that. I guess Blizz could have communicated that more clearly, but I thought it was pretty clear imo.

Personally there was 1 game breaking bug with inventory that I and many players still have where many items (like half) in inventory aren't usable and have the wrong information. Blizz is aware of that and working on it, and it's not fixed by any of the standard workarounds like a ui reset, scan and repair, all addons disabled, etc. It looks like a server side bug just affecting certain toons and accounts. But that was a bad enough bug for me to make it unplayable until that's fixed. So I guess for more valid reasons than maybe some others complained about, put me in the unhappy about 7.0.3 category.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Typical WoW players making mountains of molehills. Every one whines but they still keep playing. The changes are fine. I like not having eleventy-billion keybinds.
    +1
    /10lolchars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Why would i spend $700 on a graphics card to play a 12 year old video game at low settings? Go check the technical support forums, theres people with 2 gtx 1080 sli that also cant hit 60 fps...
    Having two powerful graphics cards does not mean you do not have shit running on your PC that is bogging your system resources down. Additionally, WoW has always been more CPU intensive than GPU, so the GPU can be chugging along happily while their CPU is choking up due to - either - it being slow, OR it overheating.

Example; I am operating on 1 GTX 1080, 64 gigs of RAM (work related) and a 4.1 ghz cpu (amd) with no issues at all. The RAM is unrelated, since WoW has NEVER used more than a fraction of the amount of RAM I have always needed for other things.

I did find that maximizing the draw distance dropped me 3 consistent frames, so likely that is the culprit. But I will take being able to see further than my immediate area over those 3 frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The camera change is a bit annoying and so is the new system for respec (ok, that one is REALLY annoying) but the class changes are really good for the most part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    It's not because it's not an issue to you that it isn't an issue to other people. I don't think it's that bad but I also don't see the point in reducing it.
    They clearly reduced it because they want players to get closer to the actual action. I don't blame them - when I see how some people play WoW it makes me throw up. It doesn't even look like an action game anymore, more like whack-a-mole while sitting in a grotesque space ship cockpit.

Before someone goes (and someone will, I'm sure - it's the charm of this community) "nobody forces you to play like this" - yes, I am fucking forced to zoom out the camera as far as it's possible to stay competitive with the other players in the raid. I really hate it but if I want to see as much as other players do I have to adapt. Any reduction in the max camera distance will be a welcome change to me.

The biggest problem is that these people can't see beyond the tip of their nose. They act as if something was being taken away from them - while it's just Blizzard trying to make the game better for everyone. Will it actually improve WoW? It may or it may not. But it's damn worth a try. Either way, snowflakes can't comprehend a thing such as "general good". The "I pay for this game so you must let me design it" mentality has plagued WoW for a long time. And since Blizzard started listening to these babies, the games quality has dropped significantly. The day Blizzard realizes that catering to players who want everything to be more convenient is ultimately bad for the game, will be the day WoW gets up from its knees.

Unfortunately the pre-patch contains all the unpopular and confronting bits of Legion without any of the good bits, so it doesn't surprise me it's being poorly received.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hunter used to be a fast class, Now everything has a 20 sec cooldown and those who don't are weak as hell.
    They seriously killed my 5 year old main.
    While BM and MM are rather slow (tho MM plays a bit like WotLK era MM, or rather it's deformed sibling), SV is really fast if you make it so with talents - Throwing Axes fills the low focus/conserve for MS phase, some talents reduce the CD of traps making them way more active, you can pick Grenade as a part of the rotation, you can even go for a build that makes heavy use of Raptor Strike, making you almost forced to do something every GCD.

And hunter used to be a fast class - dunno, never saw it, it was always firing a few shots and slowly casting Cobra/Steady to refill. Unless you're talking about Vanilla times, with the glorious "I have no mana so I shall autoshot" rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What has being dutch has to do with it?
    MM is terrible for pvp, it is WAAAAAY to slow.
    I have yet to try out BM, gonna check it out now. Better not be as bad as SV
    Its "slower" because you are missing loads of the abilities, the extra resets and you are missing the artifact traits.. not to mention you probably not haste capped which you should be when playing that spec.
    As I said, it will be better and "smoother" when you reach 110 and start building your artifact & gear.
    BM is so far my favorite spec, low on buttons to press for now but the artifact and talents will add a few extra.
    Its not as bad as some people make it out to be, I enjoy it for the first time in years.

Survival, again never played it and probably won't till a good way into the expansion as we are overloaded with melee in the guild + I want to have a ranged pvp spec.. probably MM.

Not entirely thrilled alot of neat lil abilities my Frost DK had are now gone (Outbreak, Death Pact, Death and Decay) and kinda crappy I had to downgrade my 730 2H Weapon down to dual 715 weapons...but I guess I'll adjust. I like the RP theme of Frost so I'll try and stick to it.
    Also the new Graphic settings are hard to adjust and I cant seem to find the right one that stops me getting random FPS drops...oh well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    yeah im just saying it is possible, just you need to find what setting work best for you, what direct X do you have selected, what 3d render graphics do you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

NA player here.
    Played for about 4 hours yesterday doing battlegrounds, arenas and duels with my friend on rogue, hunter, paladin, shaman, death knight, warlock and mage. We had a ton of fun! Really enjoying the patch and happy with it overall.
    People complain every patch though, they will always find a reason to hate the game. Even though they still play religiously.

So far, I like the prune on the characters I have, a lot, actually, it makes things seem way, way more focused, but I'm not qualified enough to say how bad things are for my main (a Ret. Paladin), but from the way people talk, it seems we're in a really, really rough place. Which is a shame. Blizzard loves shitting on Rets. Oh, and if they ever make us good, you better believe we'll get double shat on. (We're still suffering from that one time we were exceptionally good in WOTLK. Blizzard will never forget that.)

I've got no real complaints otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Unfortunately the pre-patch contains all the unpopular and confronting bits of Legion without any of the good bits, so it doesn't surprise me it's being poorly received.
    this exactly : / weve got all the bad thing about legion now, but once legion launches, its nothing but good from there on
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Don't understand the rage over the camera max distance, and i don't believe it's giving people headaches. Many other games would give people headaches if this was the case. The camera goes out far enough anyway.

I think it's all hyperbole in an attempt to force the developer to do something they want.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished raid.

The new camera distance is absolutely atrocious as a tank or a melee. When you use ring or hero the camera distances jumps further back and then jumps forward. Its simply unacceptable.

New Vs Old with Max Distance and Wide Resolution.

My views from Mannoroth and Archimonde.