Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Not entirely thrilled alot of neat lil abilities my Frost DK had are now gone (Outbreak, Death Pact, Death and Decay) and kinda crappy I had to downgrade my 730 2H Weapon down to dual 715 weapons...but I guess I'll adjust. I like the RP theme of Frost so I'll try and stick to it.
    Also the new Graphic settings are hard to adjust and I cant seem to find the right one that stops me getting random FPS drops...oh well.
    well death and decay is still there, just its bee built into your remorsless winter, outbreak isent needed as you only have 1 dot now, and that can be put on by howling pact, and you have a new version of death pact, just slightly differant, also btw, idk if they are in now, or not until legion (some glyphs are in now, some arnt) there is a glyph to turn anti magic shield into a frost orb, and change your pet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Just finished raid.

The new camera distance is absolutely atrocious as a tank or a melee. When you use ring or hero the camera distances jumps further back and then jumps forward. Its simply unacceptable.

New Vs Old with Max Distance and Wide Resolution.

My views from Mannoroth and Archimonde.
    yes right now it is pretty bad, but come legion bosses are no where near as huge as these guys, so its not as bad there, but yeah the current bosses are harder because of it

This time they managed to piss off even fanboys with the camera distance. This game is not the game I fell in love with years ago. I was hoping legion would maybe be better but I think I'm finally ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    This time they managed to piss off even fanboys with the camera distance. This game is not the game I fell in love with years ago. I was hoping legion would maybe be better but I think I'm finally ready to move on.
    you havent even played legion yet, your playing the pre-patch

It's like they always do that one change that ONE change where it makes you hate playing the patch... they must get kicks out of pissing people off like literally noone ever complained about zooming out the camera for appropriate fights like Archimonde, Tectus, Fel Lord, Kormkrok to make it easier to see shit around you as a melee.

I think it's due to the fact classed do not feel complete, due to lack of artifact ability(ies). + Blizzard made alot of small annoying issues, like hiding helm&cloak change. Or the camera. In addition Patches like this always gives issues with addons and what not. This is sure to aggrivate some people.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you havent even played legion yet, your playing the pre-patch
    Is the camera changing in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    If it's due to the camera distance you'll stop playing you should've stopped a long time ago.

It'll take two days for people to get used to the new camera distance. I can't see what people are bitching about tbh. The camera distance is fine for raiding and to do what ever in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    It's like they always do that one change that ONE change where it makes you hate playing the patch... they must get kicks out of pissing people off like literally noone ever complained about zooming out the camera for appropriate fights like Archimonde, Tectus, Fel Lord, Kormkrok to make it easier to see shit around you as a melee.
    It's not the one change, class changes are much worse than the camera change. It's just that the camera change is so blatant (as in, "WTF???!"), it's easier for the posters to concentrate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Is the camera changing in Legion?
    no but the enemies are much smaller in comparison, nothing close to as huge as iron reaver, archimonde, with only 1 the size of mannoroth, so its much less noticable

As usual... people never like changes. We will adapt as always. And if something is really not in place, I sure believe Blizz will fix it. People just have to start behaving more maturely...

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's not the one change, class changes are much worse than the camera change. It's just that the camera change is so blatant (as in, "WTF???!"), it's easier for the posters to concentrate on that.
    You do realize this these class changes are based on artifact weapons etc? They're supposed to be garbage and broken right now.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Also the "field of view" has been nerfed by around 25%, which makes another huge impact camera wise.
    I really don't give a shit about the camere nerf but a reduction to the FOV is pretty damn awful if true. Any ideas what the values were and are now? My eyes weren't straining or fatigued so it must still be relatively high (90+).

As for the nerfs and whatnot, it's a pre-patch. It's not tailored to provide the best experience at the current cap in much the same way it wasn't in previous expansion pre-patches. It makes a much larger difference that we won't have our Artifacts but it's not like the game is unplayable by any means.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-07-20 at 12:41 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

yes right now it is pretty bad, but come legion bosses are no where near as huge as these guys, so its not as bad there, but yeah the current bosses are harder because of it
    As someone who is currently on beta, yeah the first tier, its not anywhere near as bad.

However, its not only the boss size that causes alarm. The overall field of view is much much smaller. Also, I have almost zero faith in Blizzard to keep boss sizes an acceptable size from this point onwards, untill such a time as they increase the camera distance.

First Dragon, first Old God, first Titan and were going to be back in the same old boat of having a boss that is large in order to represent the scale of their power.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You do realize this these class changes are based on artifact weapons etc? They're supposed to be garbage and broken right now.
    That's just another variant of "oh, it's fixed at max level" which is nothing more than wishful thinking. Bad news, many specs and the balance in general, particularly PVP, are garbage at level 110 with maxed artifact weapons as well. But you can wait and see for yourself. (And no, the specs aren't supposed to be garbage and broken now, ask Blizzard if you won't take my word for it.)
    Last edited by rda; 2016-07-20 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Well... That's what happens when you get an incomplete talent system. The artifact complete the process and all talents are tuned around having it... I'm still puzzled as to how hard it is to connect the dots on that part.

The other parts I can agree with / partially agree with. But having spent a lot of time on the beta I'm not so bothered by the camera anymore, it did however feel weird at first.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dont know about everyone else but im pretty happy so far. i picked talents for ret that made me feel pretty good and worked out that i am ding almost 12k more thatn iw as doing prepatch. prior to patch with no 4 set on retribution i was doing 45k. now i am doing 55 to 58k. and that is before ashbringer . i think people just need to hand in there. the new tunings are designed around the new weps that we will be getting. using same talents i picked on live in the beta with ashbringer still lvl 100 i am doing 75k dps. so im good. i dont know what all the complaining is about. and legion on beta looks amazing. personally i couldnt be happier. and btw..DH is awesome!! so fun!
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Also the "field of view" has been nerfed by around 25%, which makes another huge impact camera wise.
    Source on that? I haven't noticed any difference.

I don't know what the big deal is. I'm totally digging the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Its "slower" because you are missing loads of the abilities, the extra resets and you are missing the artifact traits.. not to mention you probably not haste capped which you should be when playing that spec.
    As I said, it will be better and "smoother" when you reach 110 and start building your artifact & gear.
    BM is so far my favorite spec, low on buttons to press for now but the artifact and talents will add a few extra.
    Its not as bad as some people make it out to be, I enjoy it for the first time in years.

Survival, again never played it and probably won't till a good way into the expansion as we are overloaded with melee in the guild + I want to have a ranged pvp spec.. probably MM.
    I endorse this post. People saying bs stuff like "omg BM has 20 second cool downs" "survival sucks...who heard of melee hunter" "MM just sucks cuz I said" just have no clue what they speak of. Most of the time I hear people trash BM is because they are speced wrong and have no clue how to play it....I've been BM since Vanilla and have no problem with it. Being in beta has helped a lot to understand it too. Comments about survival just have people showing their age.....hunter pole arms are a foreign creature to many players...thank god they didn't have to pack around ammo in their pouches, they would have been crying about how heavy it was. MM is just down right fun...nuff said. People need to get off the bashing train and wait for Legion to actually get here then you can see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's just another variant of "oh, it's fixed at max level" which is nothing more than wishful thinking. Bad news, many specs and the balance in general, particularly PVP, are garbage at level 110 with maxed artifact weapons as well. But you can wait and see for yourself.
    It's great that you've played the live version of Legion. I've only played the alpha and beta wich still is receiving changes and updates.