Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Economy is there to serve people; people are not there to serve economy.

And if economy doesn't serve people enough for them to feel current arrangement is worth it, that's failure of economy, not people.

And failures have to be corrected.

And eventually they will be... after everything else is tried first.
    You're going philosophical on us.

We don't like it when someone gets philosophical.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    We don't like it when someone gets philosophical.
    I get itchy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    really.. people like you dont seem to understand that this has nothing to do with trade markets. People are happy with trade. its all the other bullshit that has been piled on top that people are pissed off with.

Also, the EU isn't the be and end all of trade markets. The UK alone does more trade outside the EU than it does inside it, and im sure other countries can also do the same if EU legislation wasn't hamstringing them into only trading in the Eu
    Check out what Norway does to be in the common market. Has to adopt EU decisions with no way to influence them ... sure they get more freedom in other areas but they are still very much aligned to EU regulations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Oh I dont mind. This still means insecurity for your market. And every month that goes in this uncertain situation is a month your stability takes a hit.
    And for that, I thank you.
    Back in the real world....

The FTSE is higher now than it was before voting. And business is doing fine...

What EXACTLY was your problem?

Feel free to give a real life example of how this instability is manifesting.

So apparently the IMF said the global economy isn't gonna grow as fast as it was and has toned down its predictions for groth for the next couple of years. As a direct result of Brexit.

I get confused, is the IMF a charlatan organisation or the real McCoy? Does what they say matter?

Seems a shame if true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-3...ource=facebook
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Feel free to give a real life example of how this instability is manifesting.
    The Pound still 11,5% lower than it was befor the vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    lower against what?

15+ Year Old Account
    lower against what?
    The dollar.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So apparently the IMF said the global economy isn't gonna grow as fast as it was and has toned down its predictions for groth for the next couple of years. As a direct result of Brexit.

I get confused, is the IMF a charlatan organisation or the real McCoy? Does what they say matter?

Seems a shame if true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-3...ource=facebook
    I can assure u that the people who voted Brexit dont care about how good or bad the global economy is doing... the people who voted leave are the disenfranchised, the poor, those who are sick and tired of how their country is treating them. They voted Brexit because it appeared to benefit themselves.

You are welcome to continue to slag off everyone who voted leave, this thread is full of totally innacurate judgments against Brexiters. But the fact remains that the people who voted leave were overall the poor and disenfranchised of our society. They had nothing to start with so what do they care about what the IMF says?

Really its as simple as that.

Deleted
    But that's for different reasons, and it's the EU's fault, or it's only good for the UK.

Deleted
    The dollar.
    Yes the Pound is indeed lower against the dollar... and who exactly gives a fukk about that?

FTSE is higher than its been in years... that proves loud and clear that business is dong fine. So being weak against the dollar is equating to fukk all in the real world...

NOTE: basically Americans selling into the UK are suffering and the UK is benefiting from selling into the USA (because the dollar buys more stuff from the British). THAT is how busniess works my friend.

I can assure u that the people who voted Brexit dont care about how good or bad the global economy is doing... the people who voted leave are the disenfranchised, the poor, those who are sick and tired of how their country is treating them. They voted Brexit because it appeared to benefit themselves.

You are welcome to continue to slag off everyone who voted leave, this thread is full of totally innacurate judgments against Brexiters. But the fact remains that the people who voted leave were overall the poor and disenfranchised of our society. They had nothing to start with so what do they care about what the IMF says?

Yes, its why I used the word "shame". Because if everyone is poorer, who do you think bears the brunt of it?

Hint: It isn't the rich (overall, at least, sure one or two might "lose it all").
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    So now they just gave the country that treat them poorly even more power to treat them poorly? Great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the Pound is indeed lower against the dollar... and who exactly gives a fukk about that?

FTSE is higher than its been in years... that proves loud and clear that business is dong fine. So being weak against the dollar is equating to fukk all in the real world...

NOTE: basically Americans selling into the UK are suffering and the UK is benefiting from selling into the USA (because the dollar buys more stuff from the British). THAT is how busniess works my friend.
    See I told you:

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But that's for different reasons, and it's the EU's fault, or it's only good for the UK.

15+ Year Old Account

Because austerity will hit them the hardest? Oh, no sorry, wait, it´s not austerity it´s living within your means.

15+ Year Old Account

So you are just going to deny that the UK are an net import country? I mean sure, your exports are gaining, but your imports a paying for that gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yes, its why I used the word "shame". Because if everyone is poorer, who do you think bears the brunt of it?

Hint: It isn't the rich (overall, at least, sure one or two might "lose it all").
    Depends on how u define "poorer"

They have NOTHING so how exactly can u have less nothing?

The UK is suffering from a massive case of not understanding their own fukking people. Politicians truly dont understand it and its obvious that a large section of our own society dont understand it. This country is DIVIDED, this Tory mess of the past 2 terms has been integral in diving our society more than any other administration.

The Brexit vote is merely a manifestation of UK division.

None of the UK political parties truly understands just how divided this nation is and none of them have any idea of how to move forward and fix that divide.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are just going to deny that the UK are an net import country? I mean sure, your exports are gaining, but your imports a paying for that gain.
    When all of the economy measurements show me that the UK is doing fine right now then i will trust that information over some random on the internet who tells me that the sky is falling in.

15+ Year Old Account
    When all of the economy measurements show me that the UK is doing fine right now then i will trust that information over some random on the internet who tells me that the sky is falling in.
    So, your new MP is talking about austerity for shits and giggles?

Deleted
    Depends on how u define "poorer"

They have NOTHING so how exactly can u have less nothing?
    If they have nothing how can they vote? Don't you need papers? At least a place of residence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    The FTSE is high because the securities are cheaper for foreign investors to purchase because the pound depreciated.

When the pound depreciates that means banks can't lend as much money. UK banks are the second largest financial sector in the world. The UK financial sector is leaps and bounds larger than the UK economy. The UK financial sector lends to everybody, not just UK citizens. A depreciation in the pound can cause a systemic liquidity crisis.

A depreciation in the pound means currency fluctuations and instability. China and Japan don't like this--they are forced to choose between artificially devaluing their currency further to continue boosting their export economy, but scaring away investors in the process. China, like much of the world, carries enormous corporate debt.

Investors are fleeing markets and trying to save money in negative yield bonds. Never in the history of mankind have we had a negative yield bond before. UK property funds are being frozen again and again as funds plummet. Housing market is in a bubble, stock market is likely in a bubble.
    So basically you are talking about stuff that may or may not happen in THE FUTURE.

Ok we will test the accuracy of your theory in a couple of years.