Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R00tz View Post
    I like the changes to a certain degree. I do, however, feel each class had their mobility pruned. But again, I don't recall the mobility we had in the past 2 expansions to be anywhere like vanilla/BC. It was starting to get out of hand. I must say, I do also see a lot more bar space. Welcomed changes for my MM Hunter which seems to be getting heat from other Hunter, though it does feel very FFXIV-ish now. Overall, I'm happy, thank you Blizzard.

Regarding the camera sickness, I play full screen on a 5k 27" iMac and I believe the visual changes have been outstanding. We live in a world where people bitch about anything to hear themselves bitch. It's what has caused our community to become toxic. The vocal minority go raise hell, kick and scream on the forums and threaten the sky is falling. 99% of the interactions I've had in patch day have been well received outside of the server issues (foreseen, not going to complain about).

I'm willing to risk another 1.5/2 million toxic players to see at a comfortable 3-4 million players that make a strong community. This community had me at the point that an early legacy ream (vanilla or BC) would be fantastic, as the toxic players who want Mythic gear dropped in 5 man dungeons would not survive a day in.

Keep it up Blizzard. Good changes thus far. Sorry for the mistypes - posted on Mobile.
    I also play on a 5k 27 iMac and I have noticed since the patch I can hear my video card fan spool up almost constantly now where as before it only did it in very limited situations, usually around lots of water. What are your settings? They defaulted mine to 5 and still the same thing running at 1080. I am also noticing a lot of video lag when moving around my characters with the mouse.

Not happy with this particular issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiroza View Post
    They balance classes around tier bonuses and trinkets that last considerably less time ever single raid tier....

People cannot be surprised that people are raging, outside of the MMOC bubble all of these changes will be a big shock to a great deal of players who do not live on the forums and are not bang up to date.
    IMO it was stupid of Blizz to release it this way, they should have released the invasion with this patch. People are logging in hyped to see the changes, realising there is no new content, classes are broken and there is about 20 minutes of amusement changing action bars and clearing your banks. Then the hype bubble is exploding and people are complaining about whatever they can. At least if the invasion had been there people would have had something to do to curb their boredom and their rage.
    Which is silly, since it is a tier "bonus", not a tier "standard", but they treat it as if everyone can and will have said bonus...which would be a bit more plausible were the tier bonuses still accessible in LFR...oh, what's that? They decided to readd that to LFR? Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No it's not. I think you might be new to WoW as you have no idea what you are talking about. They had to do a whole re-balance patch for 6.0. THAT's when it was worst than usual.
    I've been playing since vanilla, nice try here. But time will tell you what people think of this game design, it will be very entertaining.

I think if you are under 700ilvl, and are just coming back like me, you are going to be disappointed.
    This statement hold true at ilvl 730 +.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-07-20 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only issues I have are that Beastmaster spec for hunters suck so much and the Wardrobe feature hasnt picked up all the clothes my mage has gathered over the 11 years I been playing him...

I am missing a hell of alot of items, I wont believe that in 11 years I only have 4 pages of chest pieces, no way. Got loads of old screen shots of my mage and there are some stuff missing, including all the tiers :P

Other than that so far nothing to report. As for worst, I still think nothing has been worse than those that whined on the zombie event for pre-WotLK. This is nothing compared to the hate that got, which is sad as I loved it.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-07-20 at 01:11 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I like some things, dislike some others. But overall so far the experience has been mainly positive for me personally.

I would imagine "now back to tanaan" is probably putting people off for now. Worst before this? probably cata with the talent tree change. That wasnt a sky is falling moment but still had a fair few complaints.

Glad I didn't pre order forsure. I knew the Camera distance would be a major problem. WHY oh WHY did Blizzard change shit that NO ONE complained about over shit that people DID complain about? Great logic there.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    6 out of 10 complains i read are about camera distance "nerf".
    3 out of 10 complains are about prunning X Class
    1 out of 10 complains are random stuff

So, if blizzard would stop being stubborn and rever camera changes, most of the complains were gone.
    Nah, the 6 complaints about camera will switch to 6 (OK, maybe 5) complains about pruning X class. As I said, complaints about camera are there because it's just a blatantly simple "WTF" that needs no explanation (was good - turned bad - for what??? nobody knows / cares).

Deleted
    Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

Why the fuck would it be staged? Are you under the belief that people are trolling so hard that they are paying a monthly fee just to make you feel bad about your favorite game?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    somone doesent need to be huge to be powerful, garrosh, lich king, illidan, and guldan, all examples or not very big people who are super powerful
    Deathwing. Sindragosa.

Im not saying they have to make them big, in the past however, they have used size to portray power in some instances.

I do not trust that in the future, they will NEVER make a boss as large as lets say Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Hunter used to be a fast class, Now everything has a 20 sec cooldown and those who don't are weak as hell.
    They seriously killed my 5 year old main.
    They really didn't, you just don't know how to play it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I also play on a 5k 27 iMac and I have noticed since the patch I can hear my video card fan spool up almost constantly now where as before it only did it in very limited situations, usually around lots of water. What are your settings? They defaulted mine to 5 and still the same thing running at 1080. I am also noticing a lot of video lag when moving around my characters with the mouse.

Same here. Had no problem before patch, now I have turned all video settings down to lowest possible and this P.o.S. patch still doesn't give me an acceptable fps. And because of turning down all setting I harly see anything - not that it matters because I don't see much of the game anyway with the retarded new camera distance limits.

Hate the patch so much. Dumbest thing I've done in a while is extending my subscription for another half a year just a week ago because I was enjoying my warrior so much. Should have waited to see how Blizzard could screw up my enjoyment with Legion before extending subscription. >:-(

Dumb pruning doesn't help. Boring rotation, or in some cases no rotation just single-button spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Which is silly, since it is a tier "bonus", not a tier "standard", but they treat it as if everyone can and will have said bonus...which would be a bit more plausible were the tier bonuses still accessible in LFR...oh, what's that? They decided to readd that to LFR? Lol.
    Yeah I do agree, until you get that gear you are punished which is not good. Trinkets are without doubt the worse offenders of this.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Seeing as several thousand posts on the beta forums about the camera change were ignored...unsurprisingly people are pissed when it got released on live. Toss in any specs that are completely fucking broken or just play like shit (or are both, like Ret!) and it just goes to show how much feedback was completely ignored in beta.
    Sadly this happens to some degree each beta wave. There are always specs/classes that have legit complaints through all of beta and it isn't addressed, then people lose their minds when it goes live. They did seem to make a few curious choices with classes this time around and just buried them in with the blanket statement of spec feeling and staying true to fantasy. They seemed in way over their heads on this one, seeing how they thought they could finish it over a year ago and keep the 1 year expansion idea alive. When you are way past deadline some odd things start to happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

They increased graphic quality, so you should tune down your graphics settings until the computational load is similar to what it was before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They seemed in way over their heads on this one, seeing how they thought they could finish it over a year ago and keep the 1 year expansion idea alive. When you are way past deadline some odd things start to happen.
    I can't help but think they've been under budget (and therefore headcount) pressure. WoD's poor retention of subs, combined with the disappointing performance of the movie, may have led to more cutbacks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to play WoW, now I feel like I'm playing Overwatch. But I'll probably be too busy updating my addons for the next week to even notice gameplay changes

NA is here to beta test my patches, that is all
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Players who don't like something are always the most vocal. That's nothing new.

Personally I enjoy changes.

I had issues with both the PTR and live setting everything up to 'ultra' while still reporting that the default was set to '5', and setting graphic settings to low didn't stick through restarting the client. That client also kept resetting itself to 50% render scale and putting itself at some random screen resolution. Double check all your settings in the graphics and advanced tabs, not just the number the game is reporting because the number doesn't seem to reflect your actual settings at this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Damn, how can you not understand.

It's not balanced at 110. There are *grave* problems. Particularly with PVP.

What you are seeing at 100 is a REFLECTION of that.

It's not a product of classes being incomplete because artifacts, bla bla bla. It's mostly a product of the clusterfuck they have at 110. Yes, for real.

Yours saying "wait for 110, complaining now is silly" shows you don't understand at all what it is.
    1. You don't have beta access and you get all your information from a few very salty people spamming the forums.
    2. You haven't played WoW in almost a year.
    3. You are the most hatefull person I know on this forums when it comes to anything WoW or Blizzard related.
    4. You are just a dick.

So please forgive me for not listning to ANYTHING that comes out of your fingers.

On the other hand:

1. I do have beta access.
    2. I did quit WoD as well because I did not enjoy it very much but came back a few weeks ago.
    3. I don't hate or like the game at the moment.
    4. I don't act like a total asshole all day long (I do from time to time).

So I will actually get my opinion from playing the game instead of reading shit on forums.
    Please just.. go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Only issues I have are that Beastmaster spec for hunters suck so much and the Wardrobe feature hasnt picked up all the clothes my mage has gathered over the 11 years I been playing him...

I am missing a hell of alot of items, I wont believe that in 11 years I only have 4 pages of chest pieces, no way. Got loads of old screen shots of my mage and there are some stuff missing, including all the tiers :P

Other than that so far nothing to report. As for worst, I still think nothing has been worse than those that whined on the zombie event for pre-WotLK. This is nothing compared to the hate that got, which is sad as I loved it.
    Maybe you should read the notes?
    It gives you all old QUEST rewards that you already completed and deleted.
    It doesn't give you all the old tier sets that you deleted.

Also I like the BM spec and its even better on the Beta when you get your artifact running.