Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Human Rights Groups: US airstrikes have killed more than 100 innocent Syrians.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/world/...an-casualties/

The body count of innocent civilians is piling up under the leadership and Nobel Peace Prize winner, President Obama. I thought we had better intel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...taken-for-isi/

US air strike in Syria kills up to 85 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2016-07-20 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More than 100 in an active war zone? Sad, but kind of low for what you'd expect in, you know, war.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty damn low ya know.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

All coalition forces is sometimes hitting civilians with airstrikes and the arab nations is no exeption either, saudi arabia for example hit a blind children center not to long ago.

And it's a complete mess there with hundreds of groups all looking the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    More than 100 in an active war zone? Sad, but kind of low for what you'd expect in, you know, war.
    just because it is a war zone doesnt make its OK for a US drone to mistakenly kill 85 people
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    just because it is a war zone doesnt make its OK for a US drone to mistakenly kill 85 people
    Of course the goal should be not to kill civilians, and the fact that the total casualties of civilians in the war zone is so low shows that the US is taking that goal seriously. Expecting 0 civilian casualties in a hot war zone is completely unrealistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not okay. It's war. War isn't okay, but we're part of it and if we were even more involved the count would be even higher.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    problem is you killed 100 innocent, these 100 got families, they got killed without a reason ( warzone )

now their families will seek revenge on USA

aka

more isis troops

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    problem is you killed 100 innocent, these 100 got families, they got killed without a reason ( warzone )

now their families will seek revenge on USA

aka

more isis troops
    And they dont care when isis is killing civilians all day long? i mean they killed over 300 people including many children in baghdad last time they used a truck bomb, seems abit stupid to join the group killing THE most civilians of them all.

Exactly.

President Obama has relied too heavily on drone strikes that seemingly are inaccurate and have caused more death to civilians.

When is the blood shed from umanned drone strikes going to stop?

I hope President Obama rethinks his strategy after the death of 85 innocent women and children in Syria.

Blood is on his hands.

I wouldn't object to leaving the Syrian situation in the hands of the so much more wiser Europeans. They can spend the money. Accomplish nothing. Then we can watch their nations slowly turn into Islamic nations they apparently were meant to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a matter of them being necessarily inaccurate. It's more that ISIS are a bunch of cowards and hide among women and children. When that happens there will be casualties no matter what you do.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    It's not a matter of them being necessarily inaccurate. It's more that ISIS are a bunch of cowards and hide among women and children. When that happens there will be casualties no matter what you do.
    While I think hiding among civilians is morally dispicable, I'd say that when all you've got is an AK-74, and you're up against a military with F-22s, AC-130s, and Avenger Drones, it's not "courageous" or "brave" to stand out in the open waving about your guns and flag. It's foolhardy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    While I think hiding among civilians is morally dispicable, I'd say that when all you've got is an AK-74, and you're up against a military with F-22s, AC-130s, and Avenger Drones, it's not "courageous" or "brave" to stand out in the open waving about your guns and flag. It's foolhardy.
    Oh I agree.

While everyone here knows I'm not a fan of Obama I feel for the position he is in when it comes to ISIS.

Americans want ISIS taken out but don't want our troops there necessarily. So his only option then is bombing ISIS. But then civilians get killed and they slam him for that.

It's basically a lose/lose situation for him.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Syrians should be thankful this is not WW2. For example when they bombed Dresded 25,000 were killed...

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Syrians should be thankful this is not WW2. For example when they bombed Dresded 25,000 were killed...
    Indeed we are at a alltime low when it comes to civilian casulties, it would not be pretty at all if this was a different era.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    I thought we had better intel.
    people are either retarded, naïve, or both if they expect military action to be taken when only 100% certain
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I always wonder how innocent people are who live that close to people being bombed. Of course, there are many tragedies when it comes to this stuff, but if a combatant who has killed others in the name of radical Islam lives with his wife who knows about the things he does and still lives with him, I wouldn't really consider her innocent, and assuming she wasn't killed, how many of the man's children will we have to kill in the future if she was still alive.

Generally speaking, you can't hide among civilians unless the civilians are complicit on some level with it. Obviously you can't assign 100% moral blame to someone who hasn't pulled a trigger, but we have a well established civil system in the US that recognizes the significant contributions of someone in the home to a spouse who has a successful career, we should have the same standard for those who support our enemies.

Innocent people caught in the crossfires of war? That's never happens.

The Kitty Cat makes a good argument as to why the US should be willing to accept more Syrian refugees.