Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Yeah, if women are so "GRRRRRL POWER!!", can they not create, write, produce and star in their own original creations?
    Acting is just a job, you get hired to do it, you get paid. If manchildren want to get their nostalgia feelies hurt over a mediocre franchise being "ruined" that's on them.

Yeah, if women are so "GRRRRRL POWER!!", can they not create, write, produce and star in their own original creations?
    Yes, it's totally and actually true that lack of originality is because of wumn in Hollywood.

2016 movies like ''Independance Day Resurgence'' and ''Star Trek Beyond'' are totally new properties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Ghostbusters has bombed at the box office and is looking at a poor second week with Star Trek opening up along with Ice Age.
    No. It had a mediocre opening, but far from being a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that Milo upsets the scourge of society, may he ever continue.

To be logically consistent, you surely must also be strongly opposed to taking popular Asian movies and "adapting" them for an American audience. Why can't white people create, produce, and star in their own original creations?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    lol, Sony wanted an easy cash grab, that is obvious.
    Yeah man.

GRRRRRL POWER!!!!

Now let's use the name, concepts, character creations, plot and villians created, produced, written, starred and directed by men!!

GRRRRRL POWER!!!!!!

Their site, their rules. They are not the government, people have no protections on that website the same as this one.

People don't like it? Show support by shutting down your twitter account and stop giving them revenue.

Oh, I see, thats asking to much of most people. Ok, well same old same old.

/thread

Yeah man.

GRRRRRL POWER!!!!

Now let's use the name, concepts, character creations, plot and villians created, produced, written, starred and directed by men!!

GRRRRRL POWER!!!!!!
    off the meds, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    To be logically consistent, you surely must also be strongly opposed to taking popular Asian movies and "adapting" them for an American audience. Why can't white people create, produce, and star in their own original creations?
    Yeah, I don't have any problem with that either. I would much rather watch original creations by their original creators than dumbed down "American" cash grab offerings from Hollywood.

Yeah man.

GRRRRRL POWER!!!!

GRRRRRL POWER!!!!!!
    Summer movies include this year X-Men, Teenage Mutant Turtles, Independance Day, Finding Dory, Star Trek, Captain America, arguably Suicide Squad..Yeah. Lack of originality is a big issue in american movies. You are right.

Yeah, I don't have any problem with that either. I would much rather watch original creations by their original creators than dumbed down "American" cash grab offerings from Hollywood.
    Then it clearly isn't just women who are unoriginal, so why single them out?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, it's totally and actually true that lack of originality is because of wumn in Hollywood.

2016 movies like ''Independance Day Resurgence'' and ''Star Trek Beyond'' are totally new properties.

- - - Updated - - -

No. It had a mediocre opening, but far from being a disaster.
    Well the Independence Day movie is a sequel, not a new property.....

Ghostbusters will most likely fall off dramatically this week and weekend and probably won't even make 100 million dollars, versus a budget of 300-400 million dollars which is including advertising costs.

That is pretty much a disaster losing 200-300 million dollars.

He meant Star Wars.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the Independence Day movie is a sequel, not a new property.....

Ghostbusters will most likely fall off dramatically this week and weekend and probably won't even make 100 million dollars, versus a budget of 300-400 million dollars which is including advertising costs.

That is pretty much a disaster losing 200-300 million dollars.
    That was sarcasm and you are tellingly doubling the budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The SJW will throw anyone under the bus.

This is why they don't really believe in free speech.
    Twitter has a set of rules which aren't that hard to follow. You're free to voice an opinion or disagree with someone. You're not allowed to encourage others to harass people who don't deserve this. It really has nothing to do with free speech.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Then it clearly isn't just women who are unoriginal, so why single them out?
    You are missing my point.

I am mocking "GRRRL Power", in a sense of them using the creations of men and re-packaging them as "GRRL POWER" movies.

I have no problem with woman doing anything they want, they have ability and talent to do so. I have no problem with making old properties with different casts, be it race or gender.

Just don't sell it to me as some sort of clarion call of empowerment for whatever group every time they do so.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    He meant Star Wars.
    No, I didn't. (?)

- - - Updated - - -

I am mocking "GRRRL Power", in a sense of them using the creations of men and re-packaging them as "GRRL POWER" movies.

I have no problem with woman doing anything they want, they have ability and talent to do so. I have no problem with making old properties with different casts, be it race or gender.

Just don't sell it to me as some sort of clarion call of empowerment for whatever group every time they do so.
    The director and cast probably had absolutely no control over the marketing. Do you remember how ridiculously bad Warcraft was marketed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Seems to me like you are. That was a sneaky flame though, I'll give you that ;D
    What makes you say that? I think everyone involved is an idiot. That it's even been an issue blows my mind.

10+ Year Old Account

Could it perhaps just be that is how you're interpreting it? If that's the case clearly your bias is showing. Mad Max can be deemed as a "GRRRL Power" movie too but they never marketed as such.... that didn't stop manchildren from working themselves up into a frothing rage over some perceived ess jay dubya conspiracy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    This has nothing to do with gamergate. Also, calling it idiotic while saying you're not on a side shows you've actually taken a side and you're being intellectually dishonest about it.
    Oh really? And what side am I on then?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's...a...fucking....movie....if Milo and his followers are getting their accounts banned over hate speech on a movie their angst waaaay misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Could it perhaps just be that is how you're interpreting it? If that's the case clearly your bias is showing. Mad Max can be deemed as a "GRRRL Power" movie too but they never marketed as such.... that didn't stop manchildren from working themselves up into a frothing rage over some perceived ess jay dubya conspiracy
    No, they actually had the cast pose in front of some Girl Power banner or some bullshit.

Which is admittedly embarrassing, but is it really anymore so than this?