Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    People throw around the word "censorship" as if its some magical bullet that can automatically justify giving this dickhead a platform. Like it's a bad word, and any type of censorship, regardless of the reason why, is absolutely prohibited.

Honestly, what this guy did, he deserved to be "censored." It's not a violation of Free Speech, he's not a victim, he wasn't censored for reporting on human rights violations or for political purposes. He was "censored" because he's a fucking troll and he was encouraging others to make racist and sexist remarks at another person, whose only crime was starring in a reboot of an amusing 80s movie.
    I'm a liberal. Censorship is on the top of the list of things I consider "the worst things ever". Everyone deserves a platform.

What did he do because I haven't seen any proof of him doing anything bad. Besides being a dick and having a different opinion than my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Who the fuck care about public and private? Censoring can be done by anyone suppressing a voice. Doesn't matter who they are.

Go look at the definition.
    True, but censorship in an ominous tone.

If I go on WoW and start saying racial slurs in trade chat, I will no doubt be suspended, and if I continue I run the risk of being banned. I don't think any rational person would call that being "censored" by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

If I go on WoW and start saying racial slurs in trade chat, I will no doubt be suspended, and if I continue I run the risk of being banned. I don't think any rational person would call that being "censored" by Blizzard.
    You-you mean you don't have the right to repeatedly break the rules on a private company's product?

What a shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know he wasn't banned for his opinion(you obviously haven't read any of my posts). He was banned because Twitter thought he was inciting his followers to target Leslie. Yet, there's no actual proof of him doing that.
    Twitter has the proof as they are the judge and jury on their own platform and as such they suspended his account. IMO posting lies and photoshopped images for your followers to get angry about is inciting a witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    True, but censorship in an ominous tone.

Yes they would because that's literally the definition of censorship...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Dang you showed me. No, he hasn't.

I'm just able to see him for what he is: A troll in real life who adds nothing to a conversation other than being that kid everybody knew who jumped into conversations in elemental school, yelling and screaming to get attention. And then when they're ejected for being a douchebag, cries about not being able to participate.

The funniest part about Milo Yiannopoulis to me is how he just abuses useful stooges like yourself and other people to further his own fame and you never seem to realize it. He doesn't give a fuck about you. He never gave a fuck about GamerGate or gaming or authoritarianism creeping into our country. He just wants to get more screentime and attention for himself.

Christ, he all but said as much last night when he was speaking to the Gays for Trump rally. Telling everybody that he was going to spend the next 3 days at the RNC jumping in front of any camera he can find to try and get attention for himself.
    I'd rather be a troll than a professional victim, like the ones he spoke out against

You haven't offered any valid points why the guy deserved to be banned from Twitter you just sound like a hater on some dude who is far more successful than you

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What specifically that he said, offends you guys? I can't find the actual tweets anywhere. I'm curious where you found them at, or why you are arguing without reading the actual tweets.
    Maybe they were pulled by twitter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Wow he must have really offended you

I got news for you though, he would annihilate you in a debate lol
    Ride him harder, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they would because that's literally the definition of censorship...
    Is it also censorship to put someone on ignore? You're silencing them after all since they can no longer make their words reach you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know he wasn't banned for his opinion(you obviously haven't read any of my posts). He was banned because Twitter thought he was inciting his followers to target Leslie. Yet, there's no actual proof of him doing that.
    He was spamming pictures of her supposedly making racist and homophobic tweets, none of which anyone can actually confirm she ever made, and twitter has no record of them either.

Milo also posted tweets encouraging others to harass her as well, and in response to his ban, Twitter said:

“People should be able to express diverse opinions and beliefs on Twitter, but no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online, and our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others.”
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'd rather be a troll than a professional victim, like the ones he spoke out against

You haven't offered any valid points why the guy deserved to be banned from Twitter you just sound like a hater on some dude who is far more successful than you
    You ignoring me bringing up why he was banned doesn't mean I haven't talked about it.

But cool. I'm glad your only tactic seems to be insinuating I'm happy he's banned because he's made more money than me.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Twitter has the proof as they are the judge and jury on their own platform and as such they suspended his account. IMO posting lies and photoshopped images for your followers to get angry about is inciting a witch hunt.
    Twitter has been shadow banning the right for a long time. They have a left leaning bias. Almost all of the groups that were hired to help twitter with this are all left or far left leaning with a very tiny minority of neutrals. FFS, feminist frequency was hired to help advise.

So, now you say he photo shopped images and spread lies knowingly? That's a pretty bold allegation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter has been shadow banning the right for a long time. They have a left leaning bias. Almost all of the groups that were hired to help twitter with this are all left or far left leaning with a very tiny minority of neutrals. FFS, feminist frequency was hired to help advise.

So, now you say he photo shopped images and spread lies knowingly? That's a pretty bold allegation.
    No I didn't say he photo shopped the images, stop putting words in my mouth. Whether he knew they were fake or not matters not one bit. They were fake, he spread them anyways and worked his followers into a frenzy because of his actions.

And that shadowban bullcrap has been disputed time and time again. There are insane amounts of right wingers on Twitter that are doing just fine. The ones that get banned are violating the TOS. Don't use the website if you're not going to follow the rules.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people really want to listen to Milo's opinion, they can go follow him on whatever feed he starts using next to harass people with.

If not, then nobody really cared about his opinion anyway and were just doing it because it was convenient to watch a racist be an idiot on their feed.

He's not been censored, as he can literally use any other soap box out there to to shout his opinion. He can try to harass other people but I doubt other social media feeds will tolerate him telling others to harass someone, so he gets to make his own soap box to incite targeted harassment.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You ignoring me bringing up why he was banned doesn't mean I haven't talked about it.

But cool. I'm glad your only tactic seems to be insinuating I'm happy he's banned because he's made more money than me lol.
    You probably believe in things like the gender wage gap and white middle class college rape culture lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He was spamming pictures of her supposedly making racist and homophobic tweets, none of which anyone can actually confirm she ever made, and twitter has no record of them either.

Milo also posted tweets encouraging others to harass her as well, and in response to his ban, Twitter said:

“People should be able to express diverse opinions and beliefs on Twitter, but no one deserves to be subjected to targeted abuse online, and our rules prohibit inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others.”
    Until there's actual proof of any of that, especially proof that he knew the photos were fake, I'm gonna have to say I don't believe you. Especially when it's actually provable that she's the one inciting harassment.

You probably believe in things like the gender wage gap and white middle class college rape culture lol
    Alright well now I am certain you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

This is why I just love the fanatics online.

I get to both be a SJW and a MRA scumbag GamerGater at the same time according to them. I guess if both sides are being retards to people who don't toe every particular line, that proves I'm right where I want to be, in the middle holding an objective opinion on things as they happen.

Most of us have said nothing about if we were offended. Because that's irrelevant to the topic. I've been on the internet long enough that 99.9% of things don't offend me.

That has nothing to do with if a bunch of people concertedly went after me for hours and hours and hours, partially inspired by shit Milo was doing. I notice that people always showing what Milo SAID but conveniently leave out him retweeting/tweeting out the fake screenshots of her allegedly saying terrible things. And then, nearly an hour later, shrugging and going 'lol whops maybe they're fake? Oh well.'
    I have yet to be able to find a post that looks racist or something ban-able. I just want to read what he said that got him banned. If I can't find it, I'm wondering where all of you found it.

Who the fuck care about public and private? Censoring can be done by anyone suppressing a voice. Doesn't matter who they are.

Go look at the definition.
    They're not suppressing your voice.

They're saying you can't be on their property. But, hey, what's freedom of association and property ownership next to OMG THEY R CENSORING ME.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, now you TWITTER says he photo shopped images and spread lies knowingly? That's a pretty bold allegation.
    Yes it is. But I'd assume they'd know what Leslie did and did not actually tweet.

Until there's actual proof of any of that, especially proof that he knew the photos were fake, I'm gonna have to say I don't believe you. Especially when it's actually provable that she's the one inciting harassment.
    They are both guilty of inciting harassment, however Milo and his group were the ones who started specifically targeting her and barraging her with racial taunts and everything else.