Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Why would I want it to be fair? If I wanted fair PvP, I wouldnt be playing an MMO ..besides it supposed to be war where anything goes, instead of a fair competition.
    its a game, if one side completely dominates the other will just give up on pvp

try to get into pvp at the end of a season lmao, its such a piss take

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    I'm not having issue with the new camera as I never used the console command to zoom out past the UI defaults BUT simulation/motion sickness is a very real thing and affects a lot more people than most realize. I can't play 90% of first person games due to it. Not only do I get extreme headaches but nauseous to the point that I need to stop playing or I'm gonna upchuck all over. Certain 3rd person games make me sick too if the camera spins too quickly.

If people are getting sick due to the camera, Blizzard needs to do something about it. This isn't just about you or me, but the people you're playing with, group members, guildmates, etc.
    Yeah i get motion sickness due to low field of view games at the pc too. I can't play anything that's 70 and below really. But the Camera distance isn't a field of view issue. WoW has a fixed field of view. Camera distance does not cause Head aches or sickness.

Why would I want it to be fair? If I wanted fair PvP, I wouldnt be playing an MMO ..besides it supposed to be war where anything goes, instead of a fair competition.
    Don't worry, Legion PVP is unfair, the blues just pretend that it got more fair - it hasn't. (This is true, despite me being sarcastic because I think PVP is best when it is fair.)

Yours is a perfectly valid position to have. Blizz made the changes to make PVP more fair but, that's not at all what the players wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nthus View Post
    its a game, if one side completely dominates the other will just give up on pvp

try to get into pvp at the end of a season lmao, its such a piss take
    Well I agree with that, thats just fun.. but I think a player in the battleground with very good gear should absolutely dominate one with poor gear as well as there should be clear counters.. say a even a badly skilled rogue would nearly always win against a druid, while a warrior would dominate the rogues. It would make it more tactical and fun. . as long as the matchmaking system is good and wouldnt make more or less even teams (average gear score of the team, number of healers etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yours is a perfectly valid position to have. Blizz made the changes to make PVP more fair but, that's not at all what the players wanted.
    In fact, their changes made PVP less fair instead of more.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    In fact, their changes made PVP less fair instead of more.
    This should be interesting. Please, elaborate.

Geared players stomp non-geared players > people give up and do something else > QUeue times grow and you will spend more time waiting then killing people.

How is this the first negative pre-patch? The world dies in fire every single time with every class complaining they are now the worst and how unfun they are ectect.

People hate change, people always complain.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

This should be interesting. Please, elaborate.
    There have been tens of threads and thousands of posts on that in the Legion forum and in the PVP forum. There is quite a lot to say.

Read this post for a taste, it lays things out pretty well (this is not all there is, the discussion after this post discusses more, etc):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40883433

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    How is this the first negative pre-patch? The world dies in fire every single time with every class complaining they are now the worst and how unfun they are ectect.

People hate change, people always complain.
    The corny old joke:

How many WoW forum posters does it take to change a light bulb?

CHANGE!?!?!?!!!? OMG WHY!?!?!?!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I can't help but think they've been under budget (and therefore headcount) pressure. WoD's poor retention of subs, combined with the disappointing performance of the movie, may have led to more cutbacks.
    Still Blizzard talks about how many people on the WoW development team, talks about the largest group of people to work on Professions ever. The movie has nothing to do with the development or budget of WoW.

There have been tens of threads and thousands of posts on that in the Legion forum and in the PVP forum. There is quite a lot to say.

Read this post for a taste, it lays things out pretty well (this is not all there is):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post40883433
    That poster is unaware that there will be more than one season in Legion. His argument that you still have to "exp up" like you had to "gear up" before ignores the fact that I can cap my pvp talents in season one, then never touch them again and que at will in season 4.

That poster is unaware that there will be more than one season in Legion. His argument that you still have to "exp up" like you had to "gear up" before ignores the fact that I can cap my pvp talents in season one, then never touch them again and que at will in season 4.
    The poster was making a point that it does not get easier to enter PVP after changes, it gets worse. I gave you the post as a taste.

There is a bigger point in that in Legion PVP, gear matters more, not less. There is another big point that best gear for PVP in Legion comes from raids - and no, I am not even talking about some mythic-geared guys (although that's an issue as well), I am talking across the board - you will raid in order to PVP, that'll be true for 90% of PVPers. There are other points, too, regarding alts (catching up is worse), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Already a 22 page post on the US forums, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747524601 and is the first negative pre-patch in wow history.. but is that really the view of everyone in NA? or just those who don't like the class changes? I'm guessing it's the latter, but it has many upvotes

For returning players, and new players the class changes as I expereinced them are actually quite fun, easy to get into, more fun than before, better animations etc. But I know they don't seem all that great at the beginning, adn really need the context of artifact weapons, full pvp talents, and ofc the wonder of the Broken Isles and the story fully hit.

in my estimation, this is the worse it's ever going to be, ,because every other aspects of the expansion are highly praised, and the new class changes, take a while getting into , including maximising your artifact weapon, so all in all people will greatly appreciate it in the end. But will it be too late? i wonder

Most of the complaints seem about camera view and motion sickness. is it genuine or staged?

- - - Updated - - -

If this ultimately fails, are we goign to see wow developed for Asia and Europe mainly and not the U.S.?
    The changes are big, and people don't like changes.
    I took a while to realize glyphs still existed, and I'm fine with the changes they did to most of the specs I play (haven't checked survival hunter, but people say it's good). The action cam is fine, though I don't like how much it shakes. And I don't care about the reduction in the max camera distance, as I never used the command thing (didn't even know it existed until people started complaining).

in Legion PVP, gear matters more, not less.
    What? How?

Most people I know are happy with the pre patch and loving the changes to the classes... though a few concerns are sitting out there. Mostly wanting to see how things play out once we get artifacts and start weaving those in with our specs. Too many forgetting that right now, things are balanced around a system we don't have access to and getting mad for no reason.

Removal of major glyphs? Eh oh well.... a lot of spells/talents reworked to include the most popular and used ones. Pruning out the ones that were highly situational or marginal.

Deleted
    irrelevant to those trying to join in season 4. The discussion is about catchup. And even as a longterm player it will affect if you wish to max alts.

The poster was making a point that it does not get easier to enter PVP after changes, it gets worse. I gave you the post as a taste.

There is a bigger point in that in Legion PVP, gear matters more, not less. There is another big point that best gear for PVP in Legion comes from raids - and no, I am not even talking about some mythic-geared guys (although that's an issue as well), I am talking across the board - you will raid in order to PVP, that'll be true for 90% of PVPers. There are other points, too, regarding alts (catching up is worse), etc.
    Making the claim that gear matters more for a 10% variance than for a 200% variance is just not sound science, sorry.

Sounds like another unwanted Blizzard gimmickfest instead of meaningful content that would keep people playing. Glad I didn't buy another month (I was thinking about it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Geared players stomp non-geared players > people give up and do something else > QUeue times grow and you will spend more time waiting then killing people.
    Thats simply not true.

First almost no one in WoW does stuff that dont give rewards and very few bother with prestige rewards which shows from the polls of how many players have completed this or that achievement. I guess mounts are sometimes a small exception that rule but most players generally go for the few true and tried transmog sets, like t1-4 if even that.

So if they take away the carrot, youd have dead BGs after a short while cause literally no one I know wants to grind BGs for fun. They mostly do it to get the gear, then just stop till the next season.

And second, even assuming people give up and stop queuing, why do you think it would translate to longer wait times? Especially now with the.. erm, traitor system? The wait times only go up when there are proportionately more players queuing from one faction compared to the other.